Windows 10: Add Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Add Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Hello TheArcher, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile Usually you won't see a "Unsaved Theme" listed until you made a change to the theme. As a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Boozad, May 13, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10

Hello TheArcher, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Usually you won't see a "Unsaved Theme" listed until you made a change to the theme.

As a test, change your desktop background to see if you see the unsaved theme afterwards.

Brink, Apr 13, 2017
  2. TheArcher Win User

Brink, This is what I had done. I changed my selections in Desktop Background then saved it. Then went into Themes to find an Unsaved Theme so I could retitle and Save it but no Unsaved Theme showed up.

TheArcher, Apr 13, 2017
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Just to verify, are you in Themes from the Control Panel like below?

Add Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Brink, Apr 13, 2017
  4. Cliff S New Member

It's working for me:

Try selecting "Use Custom Theme" in settings app, but don't save it, and then open the right click theme selection.

Cliff S, Apr 13, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    'Theme Settings' in "Personalization (classic)" brings me here:

Edwin, Apr 13, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hey Edwin, *Smile

It looks like you may need to update to the latest version of the context menu from the tutorial. It should be opening to the Control Panel location instead.

Brink, Apr 13, 2017
  7. Edwin New Member
    Already did.
    All the other ones work but not 'Theme Settings'!

Edwin, Apr 13, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Odd.

If you haven't already, use the remove .reg file, then add it back to start fresh with it.

You should see this bit below in the registry for the Theme entry. The command in red below should open Themes for you in the Control Panel location.

Code: [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization\shell\001flyout] "MUIVerb"="Theme Settings" "ControlPanelName"="Microsoft.Personalization" "Icon"="themecpl.dll" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization\shell\001flyout\command] @="explorer shell:::{ED834ED6-4B5A-4bfe-8F11-A626DCB6A921}"[/quote]

Brink, Apr 13, 2017
  9. Edwin New Member
    Sonofagun! *Thumbs
    Worked! Thanks @Brink! *Smile

Edwin, Apr 13, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Party

Brink, Apr 13, 2017
  11. TheArcher Win User
    Thanks for your suggestions Brick and Cliff S.
    I resolved my problem.
    The new set of backgrounds I selected must have been identical to a previous selection so it didn't show up as an Unsaved Theme.
    When I made sure I had a previously unsaved background selection, the Unsaved Theme showed up in Themes as expected.

TheArcher, Apr 13, 2017
  12. Cliff S New Member
    *Thumbs

Cliff S, Apr 13, 2017
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Great news Archer. *Party

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Add Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Personalize classic

2. Windows 11 - Restore classic context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Restore classic context menu: As a number of people have already pointed out the Right-click context menu now consists of a two step process. This soon gets very old and annoying.As a developer I have a lot of stuff in my context menu that I need on a daily basis. For example the entire GIT context menu...
  3. Windows 11 - Restore classic context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Restore classic context menu: As a number of people have already pointed out the Right-click context menu now consists of a two step process. This soon gets very old and annoying.As a developer I have a lot of stuff in my context menu that I need on a daily basis. For example the entire GIT context menu...
  4. My Context Menu stayed Classic??

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Context Menu stayed Classic??: Hi. I'm having a problem: didn't change Windows with cmd or regedit, but my Context Menu stayed classic: As you can see in picture, lines choosed is all blue; noy gray. Why is so, different?? And i downloaded registries to fix this problem: nothing changes. [ATTACH]...
  5. How to add Personalize (Classic) to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Personalize (Classic) to Context Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Personalizing our Desktop as per our wish is what we people love the most. Since the release of Windows 10, all the personalizing menu has […] This article How to add Personalize (Classic) to Context Menu in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?: Brink , you always helped us in the past with all kind of tweaks etc. Now, after upgrade to 1809 , we can not get the mouse-selected items in the context-menu in blue , we can not use the "Immersive ContextMenu=0 " key in ;...
  7. Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?: Brink , you always helped us in the past with all kind of tweaks etc. Now, after upgrade to 1809 , we can not get the mouse-selected items in the context-menu in blue , we can not use the "Immersive ContextMenu=0 " key in ;...
  8. Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10 Restart will close all apps, sign out all users, and full shutdown and restart (reboot) the PC. Starting with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Old behavior: - When...
  9. Add Win+X Classic Menu to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Win+X Classic Menu to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Win+X Classic Menu to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Win+X Classic Menu to context menu in Windows 10 [img] Information The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management, configuration, and...
  10. Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information When you right click or press and hold on your desktop and click/tap on Personalize, it will open to Background...