Windows 10: Add Picture Password to your Account in Windows 10

Discus and support Add Picture Password to your Account in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add Picture Password to your Account in Windows 10 How to Add a Picture Password to your Account in Windows 10 [img] Information You... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cluster Head, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Add Picture Password to your Account in Windows 10

How to: Add Picture Password to your Account in Windows 10

How to Add a Picture Password to your Account in Windows 10

Add Picture Password to your Account in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information You can sign in to your PC with a picture password. You choose the picture and the three gestures you use with it to create a password that's uniquely yours. When you have chose a picture, you "draw" with the mouse, touchpad, or pin/finger on a touchscreen to create a combination of circles, straight lines, and taps. The size, position, and direction of your gestures become part of your picture password.

This tutorial will show you how to add a picture password to your account in Windows 10.

*note Enabling passwordless sign-in will remove the password and picture password sign-in options for all Microsoft accounts on the sign-in screen and in Accounts > Sign-in options > Settings.

Note
    • You can create a picture password for a local account and Microsoft account.
    • A local account must have a password to be able to add a picture password. A Microsoft account will be password protected by default.
    • By default, PCs joined to a domain can sign in using a picture password unless disabled via policy.
    • You can click/tap on the Sign-on options link on the Sign-in screen to change what (ex: Picture password, password, PIN, Face, Fingerprint) to use to sign-in to your account with.
    • When you boot to Safe Mode, you will only be able to sign in with your account's password, and not with any other sign-in option.

EXAMPLE: Picture password on Sign-in screen

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.

2. Click/tap on Sign-in options on the left side, and click/tap on the Add button under Picture password on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. Enter your account's password to verify it's you, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on Choose picture in the left pane. (see screenshot below)

5. Navigate to and select the picture file you want to use, and click/tap on Open. (see screenshot below)

6. Drag your picture to position it the way you want, and click/tap on Use this picture when finished. (see screenshot below)

Note If you want to use a different picture, then click/tap on Choose new picture and repeat step 5 above until you have a picture you want to use.

7. Draw the first gesture on your picture. (see screenshot below)

Note You can use any combination of circles, straight lines, and taps.

If you make a mistake, then you can click/tap on Start over to return to step 7.

8. Draw the second gesture on your picture. (see screenshot below)

If you make a mistake, then you can click/tap on Start over to return to step 7.

9. Draw the third gesture on your picture. (see screenshot below)

10. You will now need to repeat steps 7 to 9 above to draw the same three gestures again to confirm them. (see screenshot below)

11. If successful, click/tap on Finish. (see screenshot below)

12. Your picture password has now been added as a sign-in option. You can now close Settings if you like. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cluster Head, Jun 7, 2016
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Macco26 Win User
    Serious issue accessing as multi accounts all having Picture password

I've rolled back to Win 8.1 because for this (and because for other things, like the Store stopped opening suddenly; and no WSRESET, nor any Powershell re-registering or MS-fix got it back working).

To whom that may agree that Picture Password login needs at least the same love the password login has, I've opened a uservoice suggestion.
    Here for voting

Hope TH2 will bring some enhancement to the table. I can't really understand how MS hopes break the market with multi-account capable tablets (not having a keyboard) and having such a issue for their simple yet innovative Picture log ins.

Macco26, Oct 26, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Add Picture Password to your Account in Windows 10

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Logon Screen Account Picture - Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade

Yes, I can view my account picture in Settings > Accounts.

It was functioning properly prior to the Anniversary Upgrade.

I was using the 'remove password login from Windows 10'.

When I run netplwiz and tick "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" box, and reboot (thus requiring a password), the account picture displays.

After I manually log in, and run netplwiz and untick the "User must enter....." box, and enter my password and click the OK button; when I reboot/restart the computer the account picture does not display.

As mentioned previously, it worked before the Anniversary Upgrade (with the no password login).

The issue still persists.

orionstargate, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Add Picture Password to your Account in Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Add Picture Password to your Account in Windows 10

1. Add Picture Password to your Account in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Picture Password

2. Can't add a password to administrator account windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't add a password to administrator account windows 10: Dear Microsoft Community,I have a rack of eight Windows 10 Dell computers. On all of them, the administrator account has no password. When I try to add a password I'm asked for the old password, and I just tab over to the new password because there isn't any password, and I'm...
  3. Add your Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Add your Microsoft account: I was entering my pin and logging into my PC as one does, and my keyboard worked fine. But then, a "Add your Microsoft account" screen popped up, and I thought that it was because the last time I logged in I scheduled an update for my PC I'm kind of behind on updates. So I...
  4. Unable to add an account picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to add an account picture: Hello, I just recently upgraded to WIN10 from a USB drive. During setup I was attempting to add an account photo but I keep getting the error message "setting the account picture failed. Please try again" I have read on other questions that users can navigate to the...
  5. Add Your Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Add Your Microsoft Account: Hello, My Mom is unable to log into her PC. Stuck on Add Your Microsoft Account page . This is not a new PC. She was trying to restart and searched for it on the taskbar. I’m not sure if she reset it or what. But there is absolutely no option to not use a Microsoft account....
  6. Add PIN to your Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add PIN to your Account in Windows 10: How to: Add PIN to your Account in Windows 10 How to Add a PIN to your Account in Windows 10 Windows Hello in Windows 10 enables users to sign in to their device using a PIN (Personal Identification Number). You can use this PIN to sign in to Windows, apps, and...
  7. Change Picture Password for your Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Picture Password for your Account in Windows 10: How to: Change Picture Password for your Account in Windows 10 How to Change Picture Password for your Account in Windows 10 [img] Information You can sign in to your PC with a picture password. You choose the picture and the three gestures you use with it to create a...
  8. Remove Picture Password from your Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Picture Password from your Account in Windows 10: How to: Remove Picture Password from your Account in Windows 10 How to Remove a Picture Password from your Account in Windows 10 [img] Information You can sign in to your PC with a picture password. You choose the picture and the three gestures you use with it to...
  9. Add or Remove Lock in Account Picture Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Lock in Account Picture Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Lock in Account Picture Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Lock in Account Picture Menu in Windows 10 Locking your PC protects it from unauthorized use when you need to step away from the PC, and don't want to lock the computer, you will be...
  10. Add Password to Local Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Password to Local Account in Windows 10: How to: Add Password to Local Account in Windows 10 How to Add Password to Local Account in Windows 10 [img] Information Using a strong password is among the most important steps you can take to protect your computer from hackers and other unwelcome users. If you...