Windows 10: add previous versions' 3d effects ?

Discus and support add previous versions' 3d effects ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi, i've just upgraded from win7 to win10. i really hate the completely flat look of the windows, not only does it seem like a major step back 30... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by david007, Jan 3, 2016.

1. david007 Win User

add previous versions' 3d effects ?

hi,

i've just upgraded from win7 to win10. i really hate the completely flat look of the windows, not only does it seem like a major step back 30 years in time, it's difficult to see where the borders of the windows end and other things on the screen begin. is there something i can do to put back the 3-d effects [rounded edges and corners, shadowing, etc.] that was part of windows versions up through windows 7 ? i've already installed a 3rd-party app called 'classic shell' -- that's a real life saver! -- but while it fixes some things, it doesn't seem to address this particular issue.

thanks.

:)

david007, Jan 3, 2016

2. 3D effects

Hi

I would like to know why I don't have 3D effects on Story Remix (W10 fall creators) as everybody else.

Thank you in advance

Mara Nielsen, Jan 3, 2016
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    3D effects

Hi Mara,

Based on the details you have provided, we recommend that you submit a feedback on our Feedback Hub
    regarding this matter to notify our engineers and developers regarding this matter.
    In order to submit a new feedback, kindly follow these steps:

• On a Windows 10 device, search for
      "Feedback Hub"
      in
      Cortana search, and then launch the app.

• Navigate to
      Feedback
      in the left menu, and then press
      + Add new feedback.

• Select the
      Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and then choose
      an appropriate category and subcategory.

• Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking
      Begin monitoring(or
      Start capture) near the end of the form;
      Stop monitoring
      when you're done.

• Once you've completed the form and monitoring, click
      Submit.

• Click
      Continue using Feedback Hub.

• Click
      My Feedback
      at the top, and then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).

• Open the item you submitted, and then click
      Share.

• Click Copy link, and then paste the link in your response (it will look like
      URL Manager<unique link>).

For more information regarding on how to send a feedback, click
    here.

Let us know if you have any further queries.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 3, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Jan 4, 2016
  5. david007 Win User
    thanks for the link, ztruker. i went ahead and d/l all 3 and gave them a try. the tweaker was by far the least problematic, and genuinely useful, even though it didn't really change a whole lot as far as looks went. glass2k didn't change anything at all, so i suspect there might've been some sort of conflict with a 'theme' i'd already chosen. aeroglass did make the borders and buttons more like win7, but i found the change pretty ugly. once again, it may have had something to do w/my using a theme, i get the impression the images used to emulate the aero look are tailored to some sort of default colour scheme. and finally, when i tried the 2nd version of aeroglass -- detailed on youtube, to get rid of the watermark, and including a nifty configuration gui -- it hung my system for some reason. *Sad i actually had to figure out how to get into windows-10 safe mode and delete the aeroglass files before i could log in again normally.

interesting aside -- when i got the win10 safe mode command-line window, the window dressing was exactly like what i'd prefer! very similar to win7. [now why can't we have that all the time, if we want it?!]

in sum, i'm happy that some other people are... well, as unhappy as i am w/the new look ! ;p ...and hopeful that some brave programmer somewhere will come up with a way to fix this feature in a more fool-proof way than those already available.

david007, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. add previous versions' 3d effects ? - Similar Threads - add previous versions'

2. Is it no longer possible to add a simple text shadow effect in Paint or Paint 3D for Windows??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it no longer possible to add a simple text shadow effect in Paint or Paint 3D for Windows??: Is it no longer possible to add a simple text shadow effect in Paint or Paint 3D for Windows?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-no-longer-possible-to-add-a-simple-text/188b0cbf-a75d-4103-a37d-e5bc673e6f33
  3. Is it no longer possible to add a simple text shadow effect in Paint or Paint 3D for Windows??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it no longer possible to add a simple text shadow effect in Paint or Paint 3D for Windows??: Is it no longer possible to add a simple text shadow effect in Paint or Paint 3D for Windows?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-no-longer-possible-to-add-a-simple-text/188b0cbf-a75d-4103-a37d-e5bc673e6f33
  4. How to add custom 3d effect in Microsoft Photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add custom 3d effect in Microsoft Photos?: Hi, I want to add an audio spectrum 3d effect to my photos. But unfortunately, there are no such 3d effects in the photos app. How do I download it from google and add it to the Microsoft photos app?...
  5. How to add custom 3d effect in Microsoft Photos?

How to add custom 3d effect in Microsoft Photos?: Hi, I want to add an audio spectrum 3d effect to my photos. But unfortunately, there are no such 3d effects in the photos app. How do I download it from google and add it to the Microsoft photos app?...
  6. Windows Photo 3d Effects

Windows Photo 3d Effects: I was editing and creating a video and noticed that that the 3d effects are limited to only 3 choices, confetti, lens sparkles and snow. The others are no longer available. Is this a mistake or are these effects just gone now? I was having a blast with all the effects so its...
  7. 3d effects in photos not showiing

3d effects in photos not showiing: where are the 3d effects in photos. Pls, tell me how to get them back. I need an answer urgently.I have to create a video .plsss https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-effects-in-photos-not-showiing/d9e719cc-7fc9-4e7c-abd6-057046a6dffe
  8. "3d" effect of videos and glitched looking mouse.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "3d" effect of videos and glitched looking mouse.: I was using my computer normally when suddenly the screen went black. After a few seconds, it came back and I thought that was weird. A few minutes later I noticed that my mouse/cursor looks weird. When dragging apps around the mouse becomes normal, but once you stop it goes...
  9. Previous versions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Previous versions: Hello there! In System properties, system protection is "on" for C and E drive I can also see 5 restore point when i click "system restore" from control panel's System properties But when i click on restore previous version on any of the folder in those two drives it...
  10. Add 3D Effects to Images and Videos in Windows 10 Photos app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add 3D Effects to Images and Videos in Windows 10 Photos app: How to: Add 3D Effects to Images and Videos in Windows 10 Photos app How to Add 3D Effects to Images and Videos in Windows 10 Photos app The Photos app included in Windows 10 is a universal app that allows you to enjoy, organize, edit, and share all your digital...