Windows 10: Add Remove Programs Safe Mode Bug Windows 10

Discus and support Add Remove Programs Safe Mode Bug Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, I was able to reproduce a problem that I found on a YouTube video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1qFrTo1O6c The problem is that after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GabrielPike, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Add Remove Programs Safe Mode Bug Windows 10

So, I was able to reproduce a problem that I found on a YouTube video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1qFrTo1O6c

The problem is that after switching a system from AMD to Intel if Ryzen Master is installed there may be a problem. In both my case and in the video link posted above the program causes a blue screen to happen upon boot indicating something wrong with a program launching. I did not capture the error code. After 3 attempts to boot the system goes into recovery mode. At this point it is possible to get to Safe Mode through the recovery GUI. First click See repair advanced options, then click Troubleshoot, then click Advanced options, then click See more recovery options, then click Startup settings, Then click restart and you can get to Safe Mode. At this point a new menu comes up. It should give you 9 options for boot. I used option 5 Safe mode with networking. At this point the system boots into safe mode. I net clicked start and typed add remove programs. Normally click uninstall on the problem application to remove it but in Safe mode it says "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance." If you go to services after this and click in the Windows Installer Service and then click start you get this error: "Windows could not start the Windows Installer service on Local Computer. Error 1084: This service cannot be started in Safe Mode." So now we are in Safe Mode and cannot uninstall anything, which is odd because this is the reason we go into Safe Mode to begin with. So in this case we have to find where the problem file is installed. For me it was in program files named AMD. After renaming the AMD folder to something else I restarted and windows would boot normally. Keep in mind that this may only work for this specific problem. I have not tested this for any other boot issues.

:)

GabrielPike, Aug 3, 2018

2. Safe mode problem

Hi,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• By saying that you have a "Safe mode problem," did you mean to say that your computer is stuck in Safe mode or are you unable to boot it to Safe mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you attempted to resolve your concern?

If this is caused by recent programs installed on your computer, then we suggest you to run
    System Restore to revert your system files to an earlier date. To run System Restore, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • On the run command box, type "RSTRUI.EXE" and hit enter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Make sure that you choose the restore point date when your computer was working fine. Please be advised that programs and applications installed on your computer after the restore point will be removed.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 3, 2018
  4. OrsonH Win User

Add Remove Programs Safe Mode Bug Windows 10

Why is Windows Safe Mode Magic?

Everyone.

I help out with I.T. for my wife’s medical practice. It turns out there’s a bug in her EMR software which shows up once in a while. (All the computers run on Windows 10 currently)

The program dies and I get the popup “A problem has caused the program to stop working…”

I hook up a debugger. It looks like a heap issue in their code according to the stack trace. I turn on GFlags and it hits every time. I tell the EMR Software folks but they don’t like to claim bugs and want
    to prove it’s not them.

They boot the computer to Safe Mode with Networking and low and behold there’s no heap problem so they say they’re off the hook. It’s not them.

I’ve reproduced the problem on all the machines (32 and 64 bit) and in Clean Mode and logged in under the activated Administrator account but Safe Mode works every time.

Questions:

• How can Safe Mode make a heap bug disappear?

• Any suggestions for reproducing the bug in Safe Mode, i.e. what’s really happening in Safe Mode Can I make it more like Normal Mode?
    Thanks, Mr. H

OrsonH, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

Add Remove Programs Safe Mode Bug Windows 10

1. Add Remove Programs Safe Mode Bug Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Programs

2. How to add or remove Safe Mode to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add or remove Safe Mode to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Safe Mode in Windows 11 or Windows 10 essentially starts the operating system in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. If while in Safe Mode, you do not experience any issues, then it means that default settings and basic device drivers aren’t...
  3. Add/Remove program does not fully remove a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add/Remove program does not fully remove a program: Installed TurboTax 2020 program in Windows 10 with a vendor license code. I fully uninstalled this program using Add/Delete in control panel. Then installed another TurboTax program one with a different vendor license code. This second installation never asked for a license...
  4. Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs

Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs: I bought a new ext HDD. I installed the included WD Discovery app. I was having trouble with the software, so I uninstalled. However, it somehow did an update at the same time. The app thinks it is installed on my computer, but add/remove says it is not. If I download the...
  5. Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs: I bought a new ext HDD. I installed the included WD Discovery app. I was having trouble with the software, so I uninstalled. However, it somehow did an update at the same time. The app thinks it is installed on my computer, but add/remove says it is not. If I download the...
  6. Add or remove programs crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Add or remove programs crash: Add or Remove Programs crashes to desktop every time I launch it. - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Application Error" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> <Level>2</Level> <Task>100</Task>...
  7. Add Remove Programs

Add Remove Programs: I have access to the CP but when I click on add remove programs and try to remove one, I am redirected right back to the desktop. This type of Bug should have been solved months ago, oh wait It worked months ago but now 2 days from launch and it doesn't. 9113
  8. Add/Remove Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Add/Remove Programs: Hello, Where is that listing, that W7 had, to easily remove installed programs ? Was called Add/Remove Want to get rid of the McAfee anti virus that came with the brand new PC I now have. And, if I plug in an external HD, how do I access it/switch to it, to use ?...
  9. Add Safe Mode to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Safe Mode to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Safe Mode to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Safe Mode to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 If you have a problem with your PC, you can troubleshoot by starting it in safe mode. Safe mode starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and...
  10. Add Safe Mode to Boot Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Safe Mode to Boot Options in Windows 10: How to: Add Safe Mode to Boot Options in Windows 10 How to Add Safe Mode to Boot Options in Windows 10 If you have a problem with your PC, you can troubleshoot by starting it in safe mode. Safe mode starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and services. If a problem...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove password windows 10 safemode bug

2. uninstall programs in safe mode windows 10