Windows 10: Add/Remove Programs

Discus and support Add/Remove Programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Where is that listing, that W7 had, to easily remove installed programs ? Was called Add/Remove Want to get rid of the McAfee anti virus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Robert11 Win User

Add/Remove Programs

Hello,

Where is that listing, that W7 had, to easily remove installed programs ? Was called Add/Remove

Want to get rid of the McAfee anti virus that came with the brand new PC I now have.

And, if I plug in an external HD, how do I access it/switch to it, to use ?

Thanks,
    B.

:)

Robert11, Nov 17, 2015
  2. Qiloff Win User

remove entry from add/remove programs

The uninstall utility might have entries which point to non existing programs (apps). Programs which were deleted from inside the program, but it's uninstall procedure did not clean out the registry entry. I have found no way of removing the offending entry
    with out editing the registry. The conventional place to search the registry for these errant entries is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

I also found additional uninstall registry entries at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Use safe practices when editing the registry.

Qiloff, Nov 17, 2015
  3. Monkey57 Win User
    Windows 10 add & remove programs

You can download Office 365 from your Microsoft/Office Account via a webpage...

Monkey57, Nov 17, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Add/Remove Programs

It's still in the control panel like it was in WIn7. Scroll down the start menu and you'll find in under, Windows Systems.

Add/Remove Programs [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Nov 17, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
    Plug in a USB external HDD it will show up in File Explorer. Use Auto Play in control panel to change how it opens. Removing AV will leave remains tho. Check there site see how they recommend to remove and what to check for.

jds63, Nov 17, 2015
  6. caperjack Win User
    and if you right click on the windows icon lower left corner .. its listed right at the top of the list , Programs and Features

caperjack, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Add/Remove Programs

1. Add/Remove Programs - Similar Threads - Add Remove Programs

2. Cannot uninstall programs via "Add or Remove Programs"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot uninstall programs via "Add or Remove Programs": I'm trying to go through my Windows 10 PC and clean out old programs that I no longer use, but there are a few programs such as this video game that I cannot uninstall via Windows' "Add or Remove Programs" menu. When selecting "Uninstall", I'm given an error message such as...
  3. Add/Remove program does not fully remove a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add/Remove program does not fully remove a program: Installed TurboTax 2020 program in Windows 10 with a vendor license code. I fully uninstalled this program using Add/Delete in control panel. Then installed another TurboTax program one with a different vendor license code. This second installation never asked for a license...
  4. Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs

Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs: I bought a new ext HDD. I installed the included WD Discovery app. I was having trouble with the software, so I uninstalled. However, it somehow did an update at the same time. The app thinks it is installed on my computer, but add/remove says it is not. If I download the...
  5. Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs: I bought a new ext HDD. I installed the included WD Discovery app. I was having trouble with the software, so I uninstalled. However, it somehow did an update at the same time. The app thinks it is installed on my computer, but add/remove says it is not. If I download the...
  6. Add or remove programs crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Add or remove programs crash: Add or Remove Programs crashes to desktop every time I launch it. - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Application Error" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> <Level>2</Level> <Task>100</Task>...
  7. want to uninstall program that was not listed in add remove program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    want to uninstall program that was not listed in add remove program: while I was installing and uninstalling camtasia software there was a problem that prevents me from uninstalling first the program. then remove it and when i want to setup it again, error code 350...
  8. Add Remove Programs looking different.

Add Remove Programs looking different.: Hi all. Today I have noticed some details missing when I go into add/remove programs. Under Date Modified and Type for each program it is now blank. Anyone else with the same issue ? and can it be fixed ? Thanks in advance. [img] 93943
  9. Add Remove Programs

Add Remove Programs: I have access to the CP but when I click on add remove programs and try to remove one, I am redirected right back to the desktop. This type of Bug should have been solved months ago, oh wait It worked months ago but now 2 days from launch and it doesn't. 9113
  10. Program won't remove from add/remove list ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Program won't remove from add/remove list ?: Is there a tutorial for removing a program from add/remove that even when performing an uninstall; the program just doesn't remove from the add/remove list ? 56724