Windows 10: Add Require a password on wakeup to Power Options in Windows 10

Discus and support Add Require a password on wakeup to Power Options in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add Require a password on wakeup to Power Options in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove "Require a password on wakeup" from Power Options in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add Require a password on wakeup to Power Options in Windows 10

How to: Add Require a password on wakeup to Power Options in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove "Require a password on wakeup" from Power Options in Windows 10

In Windows 10, the Require Sign-in setting by default now.

To help secure your PC, Windows requires users to sign in when it wakes from hibernate by default.

Any changes to the power plan.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the Require a password on wakeup setting in Power Options for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to add or remove this setting in Power Options.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Add or Remove "Require a password on wakeup" in Power Options using Command Prompt
    • Option Two: Add or Remove "Require a password on wakeup" in Power Options using REG file

EXAMPLE: "Require a password on wakeup" in Power Options

Add Require a password on wakeup to Power Options in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Add or Remove "Require a password on wakeup" in Power Options using Command Prompt
    1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. Type the command below you want to use into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter.
    (Add)
    powercfg -attributes SUB_NONE 0E796BDB-100D-47D6-A2D5-F7D2DAA51F51 -ATTRIB_HIDE

OR

(Remove - default)
    powercfg -attributes SUB_NONE 0E796BDB-100D-47D6-A2D5-F7D2DAA51F51 +ATTRIB_HIDE
    3. You can now close the elevated command prompt if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Add or Remove "Require a password on wakeup" in Power Options using REG file

*note The downloaded .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\0E796BDB-100D-47D6-A2D5-F7D2DAA51F51

Attributes DWORD

1 = Remove
    2 = Add

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Require a password on wakeup" to Power Options
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Require_password_on_wakeup_to_Power_Options.reg

Download

3. To Remove "Require a password on wakeup" from Power Options
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Require_password_on_wakeup_from_Power_Options.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Oct 5, 2016
  2. Smittychat., Oct 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - Require a password on wakeup (or not)

I could not find the last step (Require a password on wakeup (on the top left side of the screen)). Please help.

MaraRapson, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Add Require a password on wakeup to Power Options in Windows 10

Enable Require password on Wake up Windows 10

To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest disabling and
    enabling
    the Require a password on wakeup settings on your power plan
    by following the steps below:

• Open the Advanced power settings for your current chosen
      power plan
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
    • Set the Require a password on wakeup settings to Yes
      or No, and click on OK.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Require a password on wakeup

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

Please follow the below steps to know how to disable password once the computer wakes up from sleep.

1. Click on the battery icon in the notifications section of taskbar. Choose
    More power options. In the Power Options window, click on
    Require a password on wakeup.

2. Click on Change that settings that are currently available.

3.See the Password protection on wakeup section. Choose the option
    Don’t require a password.4.Finally click on
    Save changes
    and its done. This will disable login after Sleep in Windows.

Please post in case you have any further issues with the computer. We will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Oct 26, 2019
  6. BostjanVi Win User
    How to avoid password query on wakeup

Hello,

I noticed that several people asked similar questions but I don't have the feeling that my situation is the same.

My problem occurs on a computer that was clean installed with the Anniversary Edition of Windows 10 (I resorted to

that after the DATA MIGRATION step of the update failed). In the previous version of Windows 10 the Control Panel

item Power Options opened a panel with certain options listed on the left, the first of which was "Require a password

on wakeup". This option is apparently missing in my version of Windows 10 Anniversary Edition. Can someone help me

turn of password query on wakeup?

Regards,

BostjanVi, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Add Require a password on wakeup to Power Options in Windows 10

1. Add Require a password on wakeup to Power Options in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Require password

2. No Option to Require Password in Netplwiz.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Option to Require Password in Netplwiz.exe: Just did a reinstall of Windows 11.Upon opening Netplwiz, ther is no option to require a password.I'm forced every boot to put in my PIN.I want to automatically log in.James...
  3. BSOD on power wakeup - Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on power wakeup - Windows 10 2004: Hi, I'm having BSOD last two days after the system seems to go to sleep and tries to wake up. Actually, it shouldn't be going to sleep so quickly, so seems error may be happening during screensaver event, and appear as sleep. The code: WIN32K POWER WATCHDOG TIMEOUT Windows...
  4. Windows 10 restart requires a power on password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 restart requires a power on password: I just updated my computer to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Under Windows 7 I could issue a restart while in Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) and it would restart WITHOUT asking for the power on password. So I could easily wait a few minutes and login again using RDC. Now with...
  5. [Password protection on wakeup] - Is set to 'Required' more secure?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    [Password protection on wakeup] - Is set to 'Required' more secure?: When I upgraded to Win10 from Win 8.1 this value changed to [Required], which is a pain because I like to just hit the spacebar and have the machine ready without the extra fuss (many times a day.) No one untrusted has physical access to the machine, but it wakes up at 4am...
  6. Add shortcut to Power options?

in Windows 10 Support
    Add shortcut to Power options?: The Power options on the Start Menu has 3 items: Sleep, Shut down and Restart. I've created a shortcut to lock the screen, which is on the desktop. Is it possible to include it in the Power options? [img] 38547
  7. Add Allow system required policy to Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Allow system required policy to Power Options in Windows: How to: Add Allow system required policy to Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Allow system required policy" from Power Options in Windows The sleep automatically. This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the Allow system required policy setting...
  8. Add Power Options Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Power Options Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Power Options Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Power Options Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information A create custom power plans that are optimized for specific computers. All users (standard and administrator) will be able to make...
  9. Add Allow display required policy to Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Allow display required policy to Power Options in Windows: How to: Add Allow display required policy to Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Allow display required policy" from Power Options in Windows The Power Options allows users to specify whether Windows allows applications to temporarily prevent the display from...
  10. Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10 To help secure your PC, Windows requires users to sign in when it wakes from hibernate by default. This tutorial will show you how to turn on...