Windows 10: Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Edwin, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Edwin New Member

Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10

How to: Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10

How to Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10

Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Windows shares processor resources between all running processes based upon their priority level. If a process (application) has a higher priority level, it gets more processor resources for better performance compared to a process having lower priority.

If you like, you can manually restart the computer, Windows will forget the priority level you set for it.

This tutorial will show you how to add Run with priority to the context menu of .exe files to change the process priority of applications for processor resources in Windows 10.

While you must be signed in as an administrator to add or remove the context menu, all users will be able to use the context menu (if added).

Note The Run with priority context menu will not set the priority level of applications that Run as administrator.

In this situation, you will need to manually set priority for the application instead.

EXAMPLE: "Run with priority" context menu

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Run with priority" to Context Menu
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Run_with_priority_to_context_menu.reg

Download

3. To Remove "Run with priority" from Context Menu
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Run_with_priority_from_context_menu.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Edwin, Jul 22, 2017
  2. Rohn007 Win User
    Rohn007, Jul 22, 2017
  3. Gerry C J Cornell, Jul 22, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

I'm afraid I haven't figured out the immersive context menus yet either. *Sad

Brink, Jul 22, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    All good!
    Shift/Right Click on the Taskbar works, but not in the Start Menu, unfortunately!

EDIT:

...or,
    it'll work with a 'homemade' Start Menu.

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add 'Run priority'

2. Add "Run As TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add "Run As TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes: I have NSudo installed and have already replaced the task manager in my task bar with a command that runs it as System but with TITrustedInstaller privileges. The question I have is how do I do what I have in the subject using regedit myself, rather than using a third-party...
  3. Add Run item to the Sandbox Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Add Run item to the Sandbox Context Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows offers the Sandbox feature, which is perfect for testing out applications you don’t trust. However, testing them with Sandbox is not straight forward. You […] This article Add Run item to the Sandbox Context Menu in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  4. Add tasks with run as admin to context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Add tasks with run as admin to context menu: One thing I hate about Windows 10/Server 2016/2019 is how everything is more clicks. One such case is running things as administrator. Rightclicking on icons has a more flyout hiding the run as admin. But then I found a guide with a screenshot showing they have a "tasks" in...
  5. Run as different user - Add or Remove Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Run as different user - Add or Remove Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Run as different user - Add or Remove Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 'Run as different user' Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information The Run as different user context menu allows a user to run .bat, .cmd, .exe, .msc, and .msi files with...
  6. Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10 Restart will close all apps, sign out all users, and full shutdown and restart (reboot) the PC. Starting with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Old behavior: - When...
  7. Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 'Run as administrator' Context Menu in Windows 10 Some legitimate applications require a full administrator access token (elevated) to perform their functions or tasks. For...
  8. Run as administrator - Add to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Run as administrator - Add to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Run as administrator - Add to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add 'Run as administrator' to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10 Some legitimate applications require a full administrator access token (elevated) to perform their functions or tasks. For...
  9. Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of MSI Files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of MSI Files in Windows 10: How to: Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of MSI Files in Windows 10 How to Add 'Run as administrator' to MSI File Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Some legitimate applications require a full administrator access token (elevated) to perform their...
  10. Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of VBS Files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of VBS Files in Windows 10: How to: Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of VBS Files in Windows 10 How to Add 'Run as administrator' to VBS File Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Some legitimate applications require a full administrator access token (elevated) to perform their...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add run with priority window 10