Windows 10: add search to folder in outlook

Discus and support add search to folder in outlook in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I open a folder sometimes there is no search bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by StevenMalone1, Aug 15, 2018.

1. add search to folder in outlook

When I open a folder sometimes there is no search bar

:)

StevenMalone1, Aug 15, 2018
  2. kls17 Win User

After windows 10 update search in outlook 2013 never completes

I've run into what I think is this same issue, although I'm not completely certain that it coincides with a Windows 10 update. I set up a user on a new Windows 10 Pro box, with Outlook 2013, and he found he was unable to search his PST files. We went through the whole standard list of troubleshooting search indexing options, including rebuilding the entire search index, without success. I also copied his PSTs to another system, and ran into the same issue, which eliminates disk errors, registry junk, and things unique to his machine. What finally worked for me were these steps:

1.In Outlook, go to Options -> Search -> indexing options -> Modify
    2. Uncheck "outlook" and the folder under your user where your PST files are located
    3. Close Outlook
    4. Give it a few minutes for processes to exit
    5. Restart Outlook
    6. Go to Options -> Search -> indexing options -> Modify
    7. Check the items you unchecked in step 2
    8. Select something in your PST file and click search to bring up the search window
    9. Select Advanced Find from the Search Tools pulldown
    10. Perform your search.

After this I was able to search again using the quick search option at the top of the message list pane.

I suspect this toggled some internal switch in Outlook which the index rebuild didn't touch.

kls17, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Florio Win User
    Cannot add contacts personal folders to address book in Outlook 2016

Many thanks for all your suggestions, HippsieGypsie, but nothing seems to be working. I cannot delete my folder so I have to keep trying to get it included in the list of available address books. My contacts are all in the Contacts - Personal Folders, but this list is not included amongst those offered by Outlook as a default address book.

Florio, Aug 15, 2018
  4. add search to folder in outlook

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

add search to folder in outlook

1. add search to folder in outlook - Similar Threads - add search folder

2. Outlook 2010 search

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2010 search: I am using windows 10 latest update and Microsoft outlook 2010 The search has always worked fine for all email accounts but i had to redo my computer and reinstall Office. Now when i check all my accounts to search, next time i do a search or restart outlook only 1 is...
  3. Windows automatically adds "excepted folder" to windows search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows automatically adds "excepted folder" to windows search: [ATTACH] Hey there, after updating to 1909, For some reason after rebooting (Although it only happens sometimes, very rarely at that) windows reverts to "classic" search mode, and adds all of these random directories to "excepted folders" (Udeladte mapper) Some times It's...
  4. Outlook Search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook Search: How do I turn on windows search in outlook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-search/63fe55d4-1c1b-46d3-8df8-f6ea5b19ec87
  5. Icould outlook add in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icould outlook add in: Evert time I open Outlook I have to manually synch iCloud by going to option add in. Icloud does not automatically synch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icould-outlook-add-in/1a4a0bb5-2431-4d50-89af-a9bc62bebb22
  6. Outlook Search Feature Not displaying Folder Column

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Search Feature Not displaying Folder Column: After doing a search for a message in Outlook (MS Office Home & Business 2016) the answer appears on the screen. But there is no mention of the folder column to show in what particular folder the message resides in. I would to see the name of the folder where I had moved it...
  7. Outlook Search Feature Not displaying Folder Column

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook Search Feature Not displaying Folder Column: After doing a search for a message in Outlook (MS Office Home & Business 2016) the answer appears on the screen. But there is no mention of the folder column to show in what particular folder the message resides in. I would to see the name of the folder where I had moved it...
  8. ADD AN OUTLOOK ACCOUNT?

ADD AN OUTLOOK ACCOUNT?: How can I set up an Outlook 2016 account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-an-outlook-account/a7062193-feba-4300-90df-db8ae7793084
  9. Outlook folder

Outlook folder: Can I create another folder in Outlook if this is how I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-folder/d5330f94-9fea-4ad1-8c9d-54c5e2e8494d
  10. Outlook - sharing a search folder (but ideally nothing else)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook - sharing a search folder (but ideally nothing else): I run an info@ email address. I've just taken on a part-timer who's got her own name@ email address. Certain emails come in via info@ that I categorise under her name. I've then got a search folder that picks up everything in that category. Is there a way I can share...