Windows 10: Add shortcut

Discus and support Add shortcut in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; How do you create a shortcut on the desktop. Example, you have a website you use often, how do you create a shortcut on the desktop. Win 7 and 8 you... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Jackman33, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Jackman33 Win User

Add shortcut

How do you create a shortcut on the desktop. Example, you have a website you use often, how do you create a shortcut on the desktop. Win 7 and 8 you could right click the mouse on the page in question and had the option to add a shortcut on the desktop.

:)

Jackman33, Apr 25, 2015
  2. Kosh---01 Win User

Camera Icon Missing

In Nokia Anna you do not add individual applications to a screen, you add a shortcut widget by tap and holding a free space on a screen, then selecting
    Shortcuts. When the shortcut widget is on the screen you tap a free shortcut, select settings, tap the desired shortcut, select
    application and then Camera

In Nokia Belle you tap and hold the screen you wish to place the shortcut, select
    Add shortcut and then Camera.

Kosh

Kosh---01, Apr 25, 2015
  3. Shortcut to folder for Symbian^3

Yes, Add the shortcut widget to a screen then add your folder to that.

The folders show up under applications not shortcuts, they are the web ones.

Jeffrey Harrisnz, Apr 25, 2015
  4. Charlie Win User

Add shortcut

Does right click on desktop / new/shortcut... copy paste url in box/ next/ name shortcut.... something like that works for me. My guess its one of them things not working on 10061 unless you clean install a ISO

Charlie, Apr 25, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 25, 2015
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
    Drag the favicon to the desktop.

Add shortcut [​IMG]

7. Jackman33 Win User
    Got it figured out. Had to right click right on the name of the website and then I had the option.

Thanks all................

Jackman33, Apr 25, 2015
  8. Jackman33 Win User

Add shortcut

I forgot to mention, I was not using IE explorer, but using Spartan.................

Jackman33, Apr 25, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Glad you got it sorted Jackman. *Smile

Brink, Apr 25, 2015
  10. Ztruker Win User
    I looked at Spartan again and there are no Favicons. Not sure I like that as that is how I typically create links to web sites, simply drag the Favicon to the Desktop and release.

Ztruker, May 2, 2015
  11. Jackman33 Win User
    I find making a shortcut kind of confusing. If I use ie I can create the shortcut just like "old times". When I click on the shortcut, Spartan opens and says "internet explorer needed" and on the same page you can click to "automatically open with ie". That works, but when you close out that website, Spartan is in the background and you then have to close that also. Seems like a waste of time.

Jackman33, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Add shortcut

1. Add shortcut - Similar Threads - Add shortcut

2. How to find calculator.exe path and add shortcut to desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find calculator.exe path and add shortcut to desktop?: In Windows 11 how do I find the executable path to the calculator executable, then add a shortcut to the calculator on my windows desktop?This used to be easy under Windows 10! So far the only way I see to find and executable path is in the Task Manager, which is in and of...
  3. How to find calculator.exe path and add shortcut to desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find calculator.exe path and add shortcut to desktop?: In Windows 11 how do I find the executable path to the calculator executable, then add a shortcut to the calculator on my windows desktop?This used to be easy under Windows 10! So far the only way I see to find and executable path is in the Task Manager, which is in and of...
  4. How do I add This PC shortcut to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add This PC shortcut to desktop: How do I add This PC shortcut to desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-this-pc-shortcut-to-desktop/e5432d2e-e541-40f0-a154-2a57fd49801a
  5. How do I add This PC shortcut to desktop

How do I add This PC shortcut to desktop: How do I add This PC shortcut to desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-this-pc-shortcut-to-desktop/e5432d2e-e541-40f0-a154-2a57fd49801a
  6. Chrome has installed shortcuts as apps in Add/Remove Programs. Some of these shortcuts/apps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome has installed shortcuts as apps in Add/Remove Programs. Some of these shortcuts/apps...: Most of these shortcuts/apps uninstalled, but some still remain. Right-clicking>uninstall is not removing them from the list. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-has-installed-shortcuts-as-apps-in/42336ff8-3142-4d0d-9faf-0401ab15b548
  7. Chrome has installed shortcuts as apps in Add/Remove Programs. Some of these shortcuts/apps...

Chrome has installed shortcuts as apps in Add/Remove Programs. Some of these shortcuts/apps...: Most of these shortcuts/apps uninstalled, but some still remain. Right-clicking>uninstall is not removing them from the list. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-has-installed-shortcuts-as-apps-in/42336ff8-3142-4d0d-9faf-0401ab15b548
  8. Chrome has installed shortcuts as apps in Add/Remove Programs. Some of these shortcuts/apps...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Add shortcut to taskbar that includes parameters, I want to start a particular Access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add shortcut to taskbar that includes parameters, I want to start a particular Access...: HiI have had this working in the past & just cannot remember how I did it, I know it was quite easy & just a fairly simple process with only a few steps.Just upgrade my MB and had to reinstall windows.The shortcut I have on the desktop is .."C:\Users\JohnDoe\Documents\Access...
  10. Add shortcut to taskbar that includes parameters, I want to start a particular Access...

Add shortcut to taskbar that includes parameters, I want to start a particular Access...: HiI have had this working in the past & just cannot remember how I did it, I know it was quite easy & just a fairly simple process with only a few steps.Just upgrade my MB and had to reinstall windows.The shortcut I have on the desktop is .."C:\Users\JohnDoe\Documents\Access...