Windows 10: Add Shut Down to Desktop Context Menu

Discus and support Add Shut Down to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I finished upgrading my laptop to Window 10 Pro and I got Microsoft Money Sunset and Frontpage 2003 working. So I am happy. *Party An old problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by alkaufmann, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Add Shut Down to Desktop Context Menu

I finished upgrading my laptop to Window 10 Pro and I got Microsoft Money Sunset and Frontpage 2003 working. So I am happy. *Party

An old problem came back, after a shutdown, the system "resumes" instead of starting without the option of allowing me to get into the bios. I had a fix for that for Windows 8.1 but when I tried that for Windows 10, let just say I was glad I had created a restore point. *Wink

So if your are listening Brink will you be updating your registry fix for Windows 10? *Biggrin

:)

alkaufmann, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Brian T McMahon, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Agitated with context menus

I am very displeased with the context menus in Windows 10 ever since Build 10240. There is no consistency among them. The one for the desktop looks different than the one for the taskbar. The desktop has a "light" themed context menu and the taskbar has
    a "dark" themed one. All the context menus need to match.

I read that BS in the Insider Hub about why it is the way it is and it's so stupid. Here is an example, "Some Windows surfaces (e.g. file explorer) prefer light menus for a continuous experience while others opt for darker menus to maintain continuity."
    They say that as if it's actually alive.

I have a small screen (1024x600) and when I right-click on the taskbar, the context menus are HUGE! When I right-click on the Start icon, I have to scroll down just to get to the "Shut down or sign out" option. They're supposed to make it simpler to use,
    not add more steps.

This is really bothersome to me. It's like an itch that cannot be scratched, it annoys me to no end. Didn't even know I had OCD until I saw this disaster with the context menus. I wonder if anyone else is peeved at this?

MichaelMAS7, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add Shut Down to Desktop Context Menu

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Your shutdown tutorial works for Windows 10, thanks. I thought used it to fix my laptop a long time ago but a clean install of Windows 10 preview brought back the problem.

alkaufmann, Jun 26, 2016
  6. SonicBlue Win User
    I am a big user of the context menu. Shutdown Now, Restart, Sleep, Control Panel, Settings and Personalize Classic. Among all my other favorite Registry edits I have created a Master Edit with the above listed and many more other than just the context menu. Makes it easy for fast setups.

SonicBlue, Jun 27, 2016
  7. RonCFL Win User
    It's cool ..
    Thanks Shawn ..*Smile

RonCFL, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Add Shut Down to Desktop Context Menu

1. Add Shut Down to Desktop Context Menu - Similar Threads - Add Shut Down

2. How to add Restart Start Menu to Context Menu on Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Restart Start Menu to Context Menu on Desktop: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 v1903 Update introduced several new features and enhancements. One of the under the hood changes is the separation of the Start Menu from the Explorer process. It is now an independent process. This process can be seen in [...] This post How to...
  3. Context menu on the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Context menu on the desktop: How do I recover a lost right-click drop-down context menu on the desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/context-menu-on-the-desktop/21749250-49ca-4520-b839-f24d49c95a6a
  4. Add Restart Start Menu to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Restart Start Menu to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Restart Start Menu to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Restart Start Menu to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 The Start menu contains shortcuts of all your apps, settings, and files. Starting with Windows 10 build 18317, Microsoft separated...
  5. Add Icon for "Next Desktop Background" in Context Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add Icon for "Next Desktop Background" in Context Menu: hi, *Smile I would like to Add Icon for "Next Desktop Background" in Context Menu i've tried but have no luck. Thank you! [img] 111517
  6. Add Presentation Settings to Desktop Context Menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Presentation Settings to Desktop Context Menu in Windows: How to: Add Presentation Settings to Desktop Context Menu in Windows How to Add Presentation Settings to Desktop Context Menu in Windows When giving a presentation, you may want to turn on presentation mode. While presentation mode is turned on, your computer stays...
  7. Add Safe Mode to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Safe Mode to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Safe Mode to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Safe Mode to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 If you have a problem with your PC, you can troubleshoot by starting it in safe mode. Safe mode starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and...
  8. Add Shut down Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Shut down Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Shut down Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Shut down Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information If you don't plan to use your PC for a while, then you could fast startup. Starting with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Old behavior: - When...
  9. Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information When you right click or press and hold on your desktop and click/tap on Personalize, it will open to Background...
  10. Menu shuts down

in Windows 10 Support
    Menu shuts down: At the far bottom left corner of the desktop is the Windows 10 logo. When clicked by mouse, a menu screen and a search bar opens On my computer the menu most often opens and immediately closes. There is not enough time to allow me to access any 3rd party programs on the...