Windows 10: "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr (Local users and groups..

Discus and support "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr (Local users and groups.. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Pure despair speaking here: Win 10 Home on donated HP AiO. No password for MS account (anonymous donor!). Obviously a legal upgrade to Win 10 Home from... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by eikelein, Jun 23, 2018.

1. eikelein Win User

"Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr (Local users and groups..

Pure despair speaking here:
    Win 10 Home on donated HP AiO. No password for MS account (anonymous donor!). Obviously a legal upgrade to Win 10 Home from 7.
    Short description of the problem:
    1. Used Peter Nordahl's Password Reset Tool to activate built-in Administrator account.
    2. Used admin account to have Windows remove the individual user account (C:\Users\owner) including deleting all files.
    3. Create new user account (Settings, Accounts, Other people, Add someone else to this PC).
    4. I get this:

"Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr (Local users and groups.. [​IMG]

Maybe the system was compromised by malware, decide to Reset. DID NOT HELP, the same effect!

Get the latest, greatest Media Creation Tool from MS, make a brand new flash drive with Win 10 vers. 1803 and install that.

And wouldn't you know, EXACTLY the same!!!
    I give up for right now. Saturday, beautiful summer weather, take the Mrs. to town ;-)

By now I am at my wit's end and slightly distraught..

PLEASE, pretty please, any help will be greatly appreciated.

:)

eikelein, Jun 23, 2018
  2. Frank C Win User

Show Local users and Groups

Thanks Veteran
    LUSRMGR does not work in my version of Windows 10 and User accounts tool does not provide the same information as on your screen.

"Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr (Local users and groups.. [​IMG]

Frank C, Jun 24, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Show Local users and Groups

Hello Frank, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you have the Windows 10 Home edition, then it will not have Local Users and Groups (lusrmgr.msc) included in it. It's only available in the Pro and Enterprise editions instead.

If you like, you could use step 3 in OPTION THREE of the tutorial below list users in a group.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...a.html#option4

Brink, Jun 24, 2018
  4. "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr (Local users and groups..

Windows 10 Pro - Can't add "Local Users and Groups" Snapin

Hi

Thanks for your response.

1) Yes, I tried launching lusrmgr via the Powershell, while running powershell as administrator. Lusrmgr dialog comes up but the middle pane has the error message "This snapin may not be used with this edition of Windows 10. To manage user accounts for this
    computer, use the User Accounts tool in Control Panel"

2)Yes, but the "Local users and groups" is not present in the tree in the left pane. Trying to add the snapin via mmc.exe gives the same error message as listed in my answer to #1 above.

3) I purchased the upgrade through the Windows Store.

Thanks again. Hope this helps.

Jay

jdc_win7dev, Jun 24, 2018
Thema:

"Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr (Local users and groups..

1. "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr (Local users and groups.. - Similar Threads - Add someone else

2. "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr, but I can't use netplwiz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr, but I can't use netplwiz: Hi,I am trying to add other user but it starts lusrmgrlusrmgr photo : https://i.imgur.com/cM5gJfv.jpegSo I tried to go through this solution :...
  3. "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr, but I can't use netplwiz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr, but I can't use netplwiz: Hi,I am trying to add other user but it starts lusrmgrlusrmgr photo : https://i.imgur.com/cM5gJfv.jpegSo I tried to go through this solution :...
  4. "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr, but I can't use netplwiz

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr

"Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr: I have a problem with my laptop where whenever I click "Add Someone else To this PC," It opens another window called "lusrmgr [Local Users And Groups Local]"The window shows 2 folders, Users and Groups.Because of this, I am unable to add a second user to this laptop.I've...
  6. "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr: I've experienced this issue for quite a long while now, and I can't seem to find the fix for this.I am using a HP laptop with windows 10.1: Once opening settings, I go to Accounts> Other Users> Add Someone else To this PC, And I see this:I've tried various ways to fix this...
  7. "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr: I've experienced this issue for quite a long while now, and I can't seem to find the fix for this.I am using a HP laptop with windows 10.1: Once opening settings, I go to Accounts> Other Users> Add Someone else To this PC, And I see this:I've tried various ways to fix this...
  8. "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr.msc

"Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr.msc: I've experienced this issue for quite a long while now, and I can't seem to find the fix for this.I am using a HP laptop with windows 10.1: Once opening settings, I go to Accounts> Other Users> Add Someone else To this PC, And I see this:I've tried various ways to fix this...
  9. Disable add someone else to this pc

Disable add someone else to this pc: Hi I am running windows 10 pro and I want to disable the ability to add a new user to the pc? If not limiting what new user access to the internet or files would help?I have already enabled block microsoft accounts, this does nothing. Why is that considered a solution?...
  10. Local Users and Groups

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Users and Groups: I am trying to sort my old laptop for my son to use. I am trying to add a new user so that can be his profile. Local Users and Groups appears to be missing from the settings and I cannot find a way to restore it. Furthermore, the only admin account on the computer is my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add someone else to this pc lusrmgr

2. lusrmgr to add user

3. lusrmgr windows 10

4. this snapin may not be used with this edition of windoes 10. to manage accounts for this computer use the user accounts tool in the control panel.,
  5. add someone else to this pc this snapin cannot be used,
  6. add new user starts lusrmgr,
  7. windows 10 add new user snapin may not be used,
  8. add someone else to this pc shows localusers and groups,
  9. add someone else to this pc launches local users and groups,
  10. windows show lusrmgr instead,
  11. windows 10 home add use this snapin may not be used but it used to work,
  12. how to add someone else to PC lusrmgr,
  13. windows 10 add someone else to this pc local users and groups,
  14. policy requires use of lusrmgr to add new accounts ,
  15. add someone else to this pc opens lusrmgr