Windows 10: "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr (Local users and groups..

Discus and support "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr (Local users and groups.. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Pure despair speaking here: Win 10 Home on donated HP AiO. No password for MS account (anonymous donor!). Obviously a legal upgrade to Win 10 Home from... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by eikelein, Jun 23, 2018.

1. eikelein Win User

"Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr (Local users and groups..

Pure despair speaking here:
    Win 10 Home on donated HP AiO. No password for MS account (anonymous donor!). Obviously a legal upgrade to Win 10 Home from 7.
    Short description of the problem:
    1. Used Peter Nordahl's Password Reset Tool to activate built-in Administrator account.
    2. Used admin account to have Windows remove the individual user account (C:\Users\owner) including deleting all files.
    3. Create new user account (Settings, Accounts, Other people, Add someone else to this PC).
    4. I get this:

"Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr (Local users and groups.. [​IMG]

Maybe the system was compromised by malware, decide to Reset. DID NOT HELP, the same effect!

Get the latest, greatest Media Creation Tool from MS, make a brand new flash drive with Win 10 vers. 1803 and install that.

And wouldn't you know, EXACTLY the same!!!
    I give up for right now. Saturday, beautiful summer weather, take the Mrs. to town ;-)

By now I am at my wit's end and slightly distraught..

PLEASE, pretty please, any help will be greatly appreciated.

:)

eikelein, Jun 23, 2018
  2. Frank C Win User

Show Local users and Groups

Thanks Veteran
    LUSRMGR does not work in my version of Windows 10 and User accounts tool does not provide the same information as on your screen.

"Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr (Local users and groups.. [​IMG]

Frank C, Jun 24, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Show Local users and Groups

Hello Frank, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you have the Windows 10 Home edition, then it will not have Local Users and Groups (lusrmgr.msc) included in it. It's only available in the Pro and Enterprise editions instead.

If you like, you could use step 3 in OPTION THREE of the tutorial below list users in a group.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...a.html#option4

Brink, Jun 24, 2018
  4. "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr (Local users and groups..

Windows 10 Pro - Can't add "Local Users and Groups" Snapin

Hi

Thanks for your response.

1) Yes, I tried launching lusrmgr via the Powershell, while running powershell as administrator. Lusrmgr dialog comes up but the middle pane has the error message "This snapin may not be used with this edition of Windows 10. To manage user accounts for this
    computer, use the User Accounts tool in Control Panel"

2)Yes, but the "Local users and groups" is not present in the tree in the left pane. Trying to add the snapin via mmc.exe gives the same error message as listed in my answer to #1 above.

3) I purchased the upgrade through the Windows Store.

Thanks again. Hope this helps.

Jay

jdc_win7dev, Jun 24, 2018
Thema:

"Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr (Local users and groups..

1. "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr (Local users and groups.. - Similar Threads - Add someone else

2. Someone else is still using this pc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Someone else is still using this pc: whats happening :- i log in to user 1 , shutdown . i use laptop again i log into user 2. when i try to shut down from user 2 it says some one is using the pc , the user 1 is still signed in even after shutdown it happens all the time then i have to go to user 1 to sign...
  3. Local group policy -user specific

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local group policy -user specific: Trying to move the local group policy I set up on one of my Windows 10 laptops to all my other windows 10 laptops. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policy-user-specific/5392b7b6-66c8-46e0-84c4-52904a9aaac7
  4. Account on someone elses PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Account on someone elses PC: A whiIe ago I added my xbox account to a friend’s laptop because it gave me the standard “add you account to access your account features and track achievements and all that?” messge. I clicked yes abd after that his account could not access things like the web browser. He...
  5. Enable Local Account using Local Users and Groups

Enable Local Account using Local Users and Groups: I've typed lusrmgr.msc into Run, Right click on the name (ex: "user1") I want to disable, and click on Properties. And in the General tab, uncheck the Account is disabled box, and click/tap on OK. But when I click on its properties, the checkbox is check again. No matter how...
  6. Unlock Local Account using Local Users and Groups

Unlock Local Account using Local Users and Groups: I've typed lusrmgr.msc into Run, Right click on the name (ex: "user1") I want to disable, and click on Properties. And in the General tab, uncheck the Account is disabled box, and click/tap on OK. But when I click on its properties, the checkbox is check again. No matter how...
  7. Add someone else to this PC link is greyed out

in Windows 10 News
    Add someone else to this PC link is greyed out: [ATTACH] As an administrator, you may want to add multiple users to the same Windows 10 device. Sometimes, even a laptop needs multiple users such as family members. It is very easy and straightforward to add users to Windows 10 device. [...] This post Add someone else to...
  8. Trying to add user in Windows 10 Home and get lusrmgr window.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Trying to add user in Windows 10 Home and get lusrmgr window.: This is the 2nd PC I've had do this. When I attempt to go and create a new user in Windows 10 Home, I get the lusrmgr window that tells me it's unavailable in this version of windows. I get it, I'm not in Win 10 Pro, but I don't know how to get to the normal window to add a...
  9. Show Local users and Groups

Show Local users and Groups: Hello, I want to get a list of Local Users and Groups as shown in the first screen shot (taken from the Web). When I run Computer Management as administrator that information is not available under Computer Management > System Tools (second screen shot - my computer) How...
  10. No users visible in Local Users and Groups

No users visible in Local Users and Groups: After forgetting the local administrator password, I followed that guide for offline editing the SAM registry file. This clearly caused a problem, because no I see no users in LUAG as per the attached. All the accounts work fine, except the built-in administrator account...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lusrmgr to add user

2. add someone else to this pc shows localusers and groups

3. add someone else to this pc launches local users and groups

4. windows show lusrmgr instead,
  5. windows 10 home add use this snapin may not be used but it used to work,
  6. how to add someone else to PC lusrmgr,
  7. windows 10 add someone else to this pc local users and groups,
  8. policy requires use of lusrmgr to add new accounts ,
  9. add someone else to this pc opens lusrmgr,
  10. add someone else to this pc lusrmgr,
  11. add someone to theis pc loads local users and groups,