Windows 10: Add System unattended sleep timeout to Power Options in Windows

Discus and support Add System unattended sleep timeout to Power Options in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add System unattended sleep timeout to Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "System unattended sleep timeout" from Power Options in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add System unattended sleep timeout to Power Options in Windows

How to: Add System unattended sleep timeout to Power Options in Windows

How to Add or Remove "System unattended sleep timeout" from Power Options in Windows

The System unattended sleep timeout power setting is the idle timeout before the system returns to a low power sleep state after waking unattended.

Power Options by default in Windows.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the System unattended sleep timeout setting in Power Options for all users in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to add or remove this setting in Power Options.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Add or Remove "System unattended sleep timeout" in Power Options using Command Prompt
    • Option Two: Add or Remove "System unattended sleep timeout" in Power Options using REG file

EXAMPLE: "System unattended sleep timeout" setting in Power Options

Add System unattended sleep timeout to Power Options in Windows [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Add or Remove "System unattended sleep timeout" in Power Options using Command Prompt
    1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. Type the command below you want to use into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter.
    (Add)
    powercfg -attributes SUB_SLEEP 7bc4a2f9-d8fc-4469-b07b-33eb785aaca0 -ATTRIB_HIDE

OR

(Remove - default)
    powercfg -attributes SUB_SLEEP 7bc4a2f9-d8fc-4469-b07b-33eb785aaca0 +ATTRIB_HIDE
    3. You can now close the elevated command prompt if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Add or Remove "System unattended sleep timeout" in Power Options using REG file

*note The downloaded .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\238C9FA8-0AAD-41ED-83F4-97BE242C8F20\7bc4a2f9-d8fc-4469-b07b-33eb785aaca0

Attributes DWORD

1 = Remove
    2 = Add

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "System unattended sleep timeout" to Power Options
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_System_unattended_sleep_timeout_to_Power_Options.reg

Download

3. To Remove "System unattended sleep timeout" from Power Options
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_System_unattended_sleep_timeout_from_Power_Options.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 1, 2017

2. unattended sleep timeout

I have a question Mr. Deepak. Why did MS remove the system unattended sleep timeout in Windows 10? Many users including myself are having issues where our PC's would go to sleep after only a few minutes. This after setting the sleep settings to much longer
    then that. In my case, after rebooting, the PC would go to sleep after 30 minutes which is what I specified. However, upon wakening the PC it would start to sleep after 3 minutes. This behavior could only be changed after a reboot and then the cycle above
    would repeat.

This site provided the only solution to my problem. He provided a reg file to put back the unattended sleep timeout in the advanced power settings. Once there is showed 2 minutes timeout. I set it to match my regular power and sleep settings for 30 minutes.
    So something else is going very wrong with windows 10 to ignore the regular power and sleep setting and then to default to the unattended sleep timeout which is hidden and not even shown in the advanced power settings. So that is a setup for frustration.
    There is plenty of forums and users that are complaining about the issue. Other then this, my PC has no issues. Device manager is clean with no conflicts. No crashing, blue screens for over a month of use.

Power Options - Add "System unattended sleep timeout" - Windows 7 Help Forums

The above link is the only fix for users on the dreaded pc going to sleep every two minutes regardless of system sleep setting.

HiDesertWA, Oct 26, 2019
  3. unattended sleep timeout

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will assist you with this.

Specifies the duration of inactivity before the system automatically enters sleep after waking from sleep in an unattended state.

For example, if the system wakes from sleep because of a timed event or a wake on LAN (WoL) event, the sleep unattended idle timeout value will be used instead of the

sleep idle timeout
    value.

Hope the information was helpful.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Win 10 Unattended Sleep Timeout - Same as Vista, Win 7,8[.1] ?

Hello Voyager,

I just checked the registry in Windows 10, and the System unattended sleep timeout option is still there. It will need to be enabled like in Windows 7 first. The tutorial below can do this for you. Add System unattended sleep timeout to Power Options in Windows :)

Power Options - Add - Windows 7 Help Forums

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  5. kylecold Win User
    unattended sleep timeout

what is unattended sleep timeout? i just want a simple definition. nothing more please. its not causing a problem, i just like to know what stuff does.

kylecold, Oct 26, 2019
  6. "System unattended sleep timeout" for windows 10

I tried the 1st one, it didn't work. To stop the unattended sleep timeout I had to put never everywhere instead of hours and it appear to have worked. Thanks, Sam

Samintownsville, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Add System unattended sleep timeout to Power Options in Windows - Similar Threads - Add System unattended

2. How to access system unattended sleep timeout- it is greyed out (I have admin privileges)...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to access system unattended sleep timeout- it is greyed out (I have admin privileges)...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/nonameklingonn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g2zvcc/how_to_access_system_unattended_sleep_timeout_it/
  3. Workaround For "Unattended Wakeup" Sleep Timeout Bug Now Also Bugged

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Workaround For "Unattended Wakeup" Sleep Timeout Bug Now Also Bugged: There has been a bug in Windows sleep that has existed in both Windows 10 and in previous versions. When Windows wakes from sleep, on some machines it sees the wake event as a remote wakeup event. The result is that the normal power settings are completely ignored, and a...
  4. sleep and power option

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep and power option: my laptop go to sleep by it self even when i set sleep option to never sleep or close the display i need help its almost every 5 mins its goes to sleep and i get mad of it...
  5. Add or Remove Sleep after from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Sleep after from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Sleep after from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Sleep after" from Power Options in Windows The sleep. This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the Sleep after setting under Sleep in Power Options for all users in Windows 7,...
  6. Add Hub Selective Suspend Timeout to Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Hub Selective Suspend Timeout to Power Options in Windows: How to: Add Hub Selective Suspend Timeout to Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove USB "Hub Selective Suspend Timeout" from Power Options in Windows The USB Hub Selective Suspend Timeout setting in Power Options allows users to specify the idle timeouts in...
  7. Change System Unattended Sleep Timeout in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change System Unattended Sleep Timeout in Windows 10: How to: Change System Unattended Sleep Timeout in Windows 10 How to Change System Unattended Sleep Timeout in Windows 10 The System unattended sleep timeout power setting is the idle timeout before the system returns to a low power sleep state after waking unattended....
  8. Add or Remove SEC NVMe Idle Timeout from Power Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove SEC NVMe Idle Timeout from Power Options in Windows 10: Please share your findings when able. It'll be interesting to see what results you have.
  9. Add Allow sleep with remote opens to Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Allow sleep with remote opens to Power Options in Windows: How to: Add Allow sleep with remote opens to Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Allow sleep with remote opens" from Power Options in Windows The Allow sleep with Remote Opens power setting configures the network file system to prevent the computer from...
  10. Add Console lock display off timeout to Power Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Console lock display off timeout to Power Options in Windows 10: How to: Add Console lock display off timeout to Power Options in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove "Console lock display off timeout" from Power Options in Windows 10 locks the computer before timing out and automatically turning off the display. The Console lock...