Windows 10: Add to exemption list/whitelist

Discus and support Add to exemption list/whitelist in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am getting sick of false positives, is there a context menu click command to add so you can have avast or kaspersky add an exe to the exemption list?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ZippyDSMlee, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Add to exemption list/whitelist

I am getting sick of false positives, is there a context menu click command to add so you can have avast or kaspersky add an exe to the exemption list? Same for adding a file to firewall....

:)

ZippyDSMlee, Nov 17, 2016

2. Where's the Internet whitelist setting for Windows 10 machines?

On Windows 10, you can't disable Edge, so that leaves a built-in browser with no whitelisting.

enemyinsect, Nov 17, 2016
  3. HoboG Win User
    Can't save to Documents folder after Fall Creator's Update

This CFA problem still occurs with the current preview of Win10 home edition. Solution is still the same: add destination folder to whitelist/exceptions list in Controlled Folder Access settings

HoboG, Nov 17, 2016
  4. Add to exemption list/whitelist

Hi:

Can't speak about Avast, as I have never used it.
    Someone else here will likely know.

For Kaspersky, I have run KIS under everything from XP to 10 for many years on multiple devices. I do not recall ever having a F/P.
    I would be reluctant to whitelist a file Kaspersky flags as malicious or as a PUP, without first checking the file at VirusTotal (or jotti or a similar site) AND scanning it with a few manual, on-demand malware scanners.
    If both Kaspersky and Avast flag the same file, then a F/P is even less likely.

Having said that, yes, there is a way to "exclude" or whitelist a file/application.
    In order to provide specific advice, however, we need to know:
    • What Kaspersky product (KAV, KIS or KTS)?
    • What version (2017, 2016 or an older, unsupported version)?

Thanks!

MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 17, 2016
  5. As a context menu 2 click option ? Digging through kas to set up each of the bajilloin things I have going is annoying, generally feed stuff to jottis, still get a few false positives via that as well. I swear who ever added generic cheat tools and crap that are just mindless pups if that should be shot. Heck the definition of pup needs to change, it should be only be flagged if it installs or runs stuff behind your back. It's getting tireing added them to be blocked in firewall as well just as a precaution.

ZippyDSMlee, Nov 18, 2016
  6. Hi:

I can only speak for Kaspersky, but, no, AFAIK there is no such context menu exclusion option.
    It would probably be unsafe to offer that.
    There are several ways to whitelist/exclude files through the program GUI, but we'd need to know which product and which version you have in order to explain how to do that.

It's impossible to say for sure without more information, such as links to VT scans.
    But I've never heard of that many F/Ps, especially on files detected by multiple different AVs.
    Those do sound like legitimate detections.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 18, 2016
  7. my question revolves more around speed efficiency , i can add 50 programs to be firewall blocked or limited in progress,ect manually sure but it takes forever. i'd like to know if there is a command line or batch process i could use to do that, if there is then there may be a chance i can manually add extra context menu options.

fasle postives are fun, some seem to be based on what packed the exe, i made some batch files into exe so it will bring up the uac screen to ask to be run in admin mode, the program checks out with kas and avast and malwarebytes but sometimes the exe will be popped by kas or mwb, on a clean system that never hooked up to the net/nat and ran on kas highest security level with max heuristic(i know if something is injecting bad code into the bat to exe .exe then it should catch that rather than on a shdgeauled scann on the created exe later on). i run it through jottis(on a diff computer) and half the scanners pass it the rest call it generic something and it happens too many times to call any random program bad.

it's rather frustrating, i am starting to use tiny wall just because it can save it's settings. but none of them seem to let you save certain settings, its all or nothing. i'd like to just save program firewall settings that way i don't have to add/remove so many things.

ZippyDSMlee, Nov 18, 2016
  8. Add to exemption list/whitelist

Hi:

We are not in front of your computer.
    So without a bit more specific information, as requested, it's impossible to say or to safely offer much help.
    We would need to know what Kaspersky product (kav, kis or kts -- there is not such product as "kas") and what version you are running (2017, 2016 or something older).
    It would also help very much to know a few examples of these many "false positives", as well as some links to vt analyses of the files.
    scan logs from your avs and mbam would also help.

what you're trying to do sounds highly unusual and very risky.
    with so many detections they sound as if they could be (at least) pups, crapware, bonafide malware, or perhaps even something a bit shadier.
    creating tons of exclusions for processes, programs, and websites flagged by a security program defeats the purpose of having the program.
    or perhaps you have an outdated version with outdated signatures/databases - that can cause large numbers of f/ps.

we simply have no way to know.

sorry,

mm

p.s. the forum software is glitching for me now -- i am having inexplicable trouble getting my "caps" to stick.

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Add to exemption list/whitelist

1. Add to exemption list/whitelist - Similar Threads - Add exemption list

2. Tax exemption

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Tax exemption: I would like to obtain a tax exemption card and GSA letter of supply from Microsoft. I would like to buy laptops from their online store without having to pay taxes. I have my sales tax license and have already used that to obtain tax exemption cards with other companies such...
  3. Add Toolbar to permanent list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add Toolbar to permanent list: I know, how to add a toolbar to the task bar. How do i make that permanent in the list of selectable toobars?In this list of toolbars screenshot most toolbars are invisible but still listed like e.g. "HP Support Assistant Quick Access".But if I klick on "Quick Launch" to hide...
  4. Onedrive and making folders exempt?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Onedrive and making folders exempt?: I have some folders that windows keep wanting to use with onedrive, but if i uncheck them from the sync menu it deletes them from my pc? how do i keep a version of a folder just on my PC without onedrive backing it up? I tried to check the "always keep this on the drive"...
  5. Tax Exempt

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Tax Exempt: Need your code to enable us to fax in the documentation for Tax Exempt. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tax-exempt/a65413ec-625c-4720-9991-e33c906ed916
  6. Task View activity history - add rules to exempt specific pages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task View activity history - add rules to exempt specific pages: I am very interested in actively using the task view option in Windows to quickly scroll through activity inside Edge. However, it includes every single site I visit, e.g. LinkedIn/feed, then LinkedIn/messages etc. This makes the feature lose oversight and become useless....
  7. Tax exemption

Tax exemption: I need to create a service request to get my tax exemption going, any idea how to create one? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tax-exemption/73326e82-e36e-43d0-b8ee-f70071495fe6"
  8. Tax exemption

Tax exemption: I've created a new account for my organization and I'm not sure how to create a service request in order to fax my exemption sheet in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tax-exemption/40794eb9-81c8-4af4-8703-e87d239200f5"
  9. How To Exempt The App Store

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How To Exempt The App Store: i have 17133.73 64 bit already setup on my boot media ready to do a fresh install, but before i do i have a couple of questions. * first i have the following apps and would like which one or ones are recommended to install/use. * win10privacy, ashampoo antispy, destroy...
  10. cmd.exe: Add a font to list

in Windows 10 Support
    cmd.exe: Add a font to list: Cmd.exe allows six fonts: Conslolas, Courier New, Lucida Console, Lucida Sans Typewriter, MS Gothic, NSimSun. All are ugly and wide. Is there a way to add some other (yet undiscovered) font to the list or substitute one? Arial Narrow comes to mind. Possibly rename Arial...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 2016 exemption list

2. How do I wipe How do I whitelist

3. add to exemption list on outlook