Windows 10: Add Toolbars to Taskbar in Windows 10

Discus and support Add Toolbars to Taskbar in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add Toolbars to Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Add Toolbars on the Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Hemimax, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Hemimax Win User

Add Toolbars to Taskbar in Windows 10

How to: Add Toolbars to Taskbar in Windows 10

How to Add Toolbars on the Taskbar in Windows 10

Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to find, see, open, and switch between your apps. You can also see the specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open.

You can also add toolbars to the taskbar. The default toolbars include Address, Links, Desktop, and any new toolbars (custom) added by the user or an application.

If you have more than one main display by default.

This tutorial will show you how to add toolbars to the taskbar for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] To Add Address Toolbar to Taskbar

*note The Address toolbar is the equivalent of a URL bar on the taskbar, so you can type in frequently used websites or file locations like in the address bar of File Explorer and Internet Explorer.

Add Toolbars to Taskbar in Windows 10 [​IMG]

1. Right click or press and hold on the taskbar, click/tap on Toolbars, and click/tap on Address to check it.

2. If you like, you can unlock the taskbar, drag this toolbar to how you want it, then lock the taskbar (if wanted) when finished.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Add Links Toolbar to Taskbar

*note The Links toolbar includes your favorite website links from the Favorites Bar in Internet Explorer for quick access on the taskbar.

1. Right click or press and hold on the taskbar, click/tap on Toolbars, and click/tap on Links to check it.

*note If tablet mode is turned on, Toolbars will not be available in the taskbar context menu.

2. If you like, you can unlock the taskbar, drag this toolbar to how you want it, then lock the taskbar (if wanted) when finished.

OPTION THREE [/i] To Add Desktop Toolbar to Taskbar
    *note The Desktop toolbar let's you quickly access all items located on your desktop and default shell:desktop from the taskbar.

1. Right click or press and hold on the taskbar, click/tap on Toolbars, and click/tap on Desktop to check it.

*note If tablet mode is turned on, Toolbars will not be available in the taskbar context menu.

OPTION FOUR [/i] To Add New Custom Toolbar to Taskbar

*note A New toolbar allows you to adds a custom toolbar with the contents of any drive, folder, or network location of your choice.
    1. Right click or press and hold on the taskbar, click/tap on Toolbars, and click/tap on New toolbar. (see screenshot below)

2. Navigate to and select the location (ex: Libraries) you want to add as a toolbar, and click/tap on Select Folder. (see screenshot below)

3. The selected location (ex: Libraries) will now be added as a toolbar on your taskbar. (see screenshot below)

4. If you like, you can unlock the taskbar, drag this toolbar to how you want it, then lock the taskbar (if wanted) when finished.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Hemimax, Oct 6, 2017

2. Is there a quick key to open a folder on my desktop once selected ?

If you drag it to the Quick Launch area of the Taskbar it will open with a single click.

How to Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10

Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10

Bruce Hagen, Oct 6, 2017
  3. msa_86 Win User
    Windows 10 pin to taskbar or start menu option missing

Alternative way is "add new toolbar".

First Unlock the taskbar.

Right click Taskbar, click Toolbars-> New Toolbars

Select a folder where you place all the 'denied' shortcut.

After some tweak your new toolbar will show icons like other pinned Apps.

but it won't work like pinned item in Taskbar

Source: Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10

I don't understand why they(MS) can't make pinning regular App work. When I migrate from Window7 they kept all the pinned Apps, but when I try same App on fresh system it don't show the option. It's not like the Taskbar doesn't work
    with those unpinnable Apps.

msa_86, Oct 6, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Richard, *Smile

I see the same thing with the Desktop toolbar. I suppose Microsoft didn't update it since the Control Panel is eventually going to be phased out for Settings.

Brink, Oct 6, 2017
  5. Hemimax Win User
    Well ok then, thank you for the reply and as always your excellent forum.

Hemimax, Oct 6, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 6, 2017
  7. Cliff S New Member
    I have that empty one on my main PC with a GTX 1080, I see you have a GTX 1070 and Shawn has a GTX 760.

My ASUS laptop has integrated intel graphics, and does not have that empty file above admin tools, so maybe it's a NVIDIA thing, and not Microsoft.

Cliff S, Oct 6, 2017
  8. Cliff S New Member

From my laptop

Cliff S, Oct 6, 2017
  9. Hemimax Win User
    Thanks Cliff, nice to know it is not only me.

Hemimax, Oct 6, 2017
  10. Cliff S New Member
    No problem, it might just be a symbolic link for NVIDIA control panel, that actually should be hidden, and isn't(because it can be accessed from Ncpl itself.

Cliff S, Oct 6, 2017
  11. Edwin New Member
    I'm thinking that dead shortcut is a defunct link to Action Center as it no longer exists but the code is still lingering somewhere in the system.

Edwin, Oct 6, 2017
  12. Cliff S New Member
    Just odd my laptop doesn't have it, that's why my hypothesis above, but if you don't have NVIDIA, well then the hypothesis is wrong.

Cliff S, Oct 6, 2017
  13. Cliff S New Member

I just checked my insider VM, and the blank file is there.
    And a VM, being a OS version of a hardware/bare metal parasite(and if setup a parasitic symbiont), it doesn't have or need anything from NVIDIA to use my card, sooooooo...
    the puzzle goes on*Sad

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Add Toolbars to Taskbar in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Toolbars Taskbar

2. In Windows 11 How can you add a "ToolBar" to the "taskbar" like in Windows 10?? This is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Windows 11 How can you add a "ToolBar" to the "taskbar" like in Windows 10?? This is...: In Windows 11 How can you add a "ToolBar" to the "taskbar" like in Windows 10?? If it's not possible then this is terrible whomever idea this was I guess never worked in the real world where productivity matters....
  3. TASKBAR - TOOLBAR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TASKBAR - TOOLBAR: It will be very helpful and time saving if we can have taskbar toolbar functions back in windows 11. Toolbar was really time saving and an excellent feature of windows. is there a plan to bring the toolbar back in windows 11? otherwise, many users potentially will switch back...
  4. TASKBAR - TOOLBAR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TASKBAR - TOOLBAR: It will be very helpful and time saving if we can have taskbar toolbar functions back in windows 11. Toolbar was really time saving and an excellent feature of windows. is there a plan to bring the toolbar back in windows 11? otherwise, many users potentially will switch back...
  5. How to add Troubleshooters toolbar in Windows 10 Taskbar

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Troubleshooters toolbar in Windows 10 Taskbar: Windows 10 includes numerous Troubleshooters, allowing users to fix different problems at times. You can add the Troubleshooters toolbar in the Windows 10 Taskbar if you use them regularly. It helps you open any Troubleshooter directly without opening the Windows Settings...
  6. Add extra row to new Toolbar in Windows 10 Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Add extra row to new Toolbar in Windows 10 Taskbar: Greetings: For one, I cannot express ow happy I am with the return of the Godly Windows Taskbar. Even if it is not as powerful as in W10, the return of this uber tool is just... everything. I STILL fail to get why, at a point, MS lost it's mind by losing this Windows Godlike...
  7. Desktop Toolbar on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Toolbar on Taskbar in Windows 10: I like having the Desktop Toolbar on my Taskbar, which lets me access files / shortcuts on my desktop, without having to Show Desktop, etc... In Windows 10 it seems like the default shortcut is to my User Profile / Home path, whereas in Windows 7 it used to point to...
  8. toolbar/taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    toolbar/taskbar: Hi new to this page and hoping for some desperately needed help!!!!! I have windows 10 now ( i think a mistake and can't go back) but my tool/task bar won't auto hide. Somedays it will for a moment or opening new tabs, then it jusy stays put and won't go away..... Any ideas...
  9. Windows 10 taskbar toolbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 taskbar toolbar icons: I've been looking all over the paces and was not able to find any inteligent answer. Recently I lost my icons sort order for Quick Launch toolbar. any time after I move icons around to place all in some logical (to me) order, the next time I reboot the computer they are...
  10. Remove Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Remove Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Remove Toolbars on the Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to find, see,...