Windows 10: Add Windows Backup and Restore context menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Add Windows Backup and Restore context menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add Windows Backup and Restore context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove a Windows Backup and Restore context menu in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add Windows Backup and Restore context menu in Windows 10

How to: Add Windows Backup and Restore context menu in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove a Windows Backup and Restore context menu in Windows 10

Add Windows Backup and Restore context menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information The Backup and Restore (Windows 7) feature in Windows 10 will allow you to select to let Windows choose or let you choose what to back up, and to browse and search your backup for files and folders to restore.
    • If you select let Windows choose, Windows will back up data files saved in libraries, on the desktop, and in default Windows folders. Windows will also create a system image, which can be used to restore your computer if it stops working. These items will be backed up on a regular schedule.
    • If you select let me choose, you can select libraries and folders, and whether to include a system image in the backup. The items you choose will be backed up on a regular schedule.
    A system image is a copy of the drives required for Windows to run. It can also include additional drives. A system image can be used to restore your computer if your hard drive or computer ever stops working; however, you can't choose individual items to restore.

This tutorial will show you how to add a Windows Backup and Restore desktop context menu to quickly create, manage, and restore backups and create a system image in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to add, remove, and use the context menu.

Note Windows Backup
    Backups are created in sets also known as backup periods.

When a backup is created the first time after you set up Windows Backup, Windows will create a full backup of all files in the folders you selected into the drive:\computer name\Backup Set YYYY-MM-DD HHMMSS\Backup Files YYYY-MM-DD HHMMSS folder location. The Backup Files YYYY-MM-DD HHMMSS folder contains Backup files #.zip folders that are your actual backed up files for that date and time period.

When you create a differential backup, it will create a new full backup saved into a new Backup Set YYYY-MM-DD HHMMSS folder.

When you create an incremental backup, it will create a backup all of the files that have changed since the last backup, and saved in a new Backup Files YYYY-MM-DD HHMMSS folder in the current Backup Set YYYY-MM-DD HHMMSS folder.

System Image
    When you create a system image, it is saved to the selected drive in periods in the folder location and format below.

drive:\computer name\WindowsImageBackup\Backup YYYY-MM-DD HHMMSS

For more details, see: Learn more about system image backup | Server Storage at Microsoft

EXAMPLE: Windows Backup and Restore context menu

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Windows Backup and Restore" to Context Menu
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Windows_Backup_to_desktop_context_menu.reg

Download

3. To Remove "Windows Backup and Restore" from Context Menu
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Windows_Backup_from_desktop_context_menu.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

*Arrow Open Backup and Restore (Windows 7)

*Arrow Set up backup / Change settings

*Arrow Back up now

*Arrow Create a system image

*Arrow Restore my files

*Arrow Restore all users' files

*Arrow Select another backup to restore files from

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Oct 4, 2016
  2. dalchina Win User

Adding Restore Backup/Restore Ownership to Windows context menu?

Hi, whilst I can't and won't attempt to speak to the format of the command you need, I'll just suggest one of many utilities you might use to add something to the context menu. Whether what you seek is feasible or meaningful, I really can't say.

dalchina, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Windows 7 backup

Haven't used it but sounds like it based on Backup and Restore Center info found here. Says you can choose what files and folders if you want and also mentions a system image. Quicken has it's own backup option under one of the menus, use that too. I have for my mom and it's a breeze. Just reinstall app and use Restore in Quicken.

Wrigleyvillain, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

5. Adding Restore Backup/Restore Ownership to Windows context menu?

I followed icacls command, but if I can add take ownership to the context menu, can't I do the same with the icacls command, with 2 options to backup file permissions and save to a different location, and restore said permissions when I want? (if possible at all)

I haven't done anything like this, so if anyone is willing to help, thank you, if not, then I understand

BrokenDaily, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Add Windows Backup and Restore context menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Backup Restore

2. Adding Restore Backup/Restore Ownership to Windows context menu?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Adding Restore Backup/Restore Ownership to Windows context menu?: I followed icacls command, but if I can add take ownership to the context menu, can't I do the same with the icacls command, with 2 options to backup file permissions and save to a different location, and restore said permissions when I want? (if possible at all) I haven't...
  3. History - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    History - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: History - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add History to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use File History to automatically back up versions of your files on a schedule to a location you select to save to. You can select to save...
  4. Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10 Restart will close all apps, sign out all users, and full shutdown and restart (reboot) the PC. Starting with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Old behavior: - When...
  5. Cleanup - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Cleanup - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Cleanup - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Cleanup to Context Menu of Drives in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use Disk Cleanup to reduce the number of unnecessary files on your drives, which can help your PC run faster. It can delete...
  6. Add Settings to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Settings to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Settings to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Settings context menu in Windows 10 Most of the settings you'll want to change in Windows 10 are in Settings. Settings is organized into the separate System, Devices, Phone, Network & Internet,...
  7. Add Bluetooth context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Bluetooth context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Bluetooth context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove a Bluetooth context menu in Windows 10 There are many different types of Bluetooth enabled devices you can add to your PC, such as mobile phones, wireless headsets, and wireless mouse devices and...
  8. Add Create Restore Point Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Create Restore Point Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Create Restore Point Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information system restore that takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. This can be handy if your PC isn't working well and you recently installed an app, driver, or...
  9. Library Restore Settings - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Library Restore Settings - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Library Restore Settings - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Restore Settings to Context Menu of Libraries in Windows 10 [img] Information default save location and public save location for the library. You can add a Restore settings context menu...
  10. Email - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Email - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Email - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Email to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use Email from the Share tab in the ribbon of File Explorer by default when you have files and/or folders selected. It allows you to send the...