Windows 10: Add Windows Mode Context Menu for Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

Discus and support Add Windows Mode Context Menu for Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add Windows Mode Context Menu for Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10 How to Add Windows Mode to Context Menu to Toggle Light or Dark Theme in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by AntJac, Mar 11, 2018.

1. AntJac Win User

Add Windows Mode Context Menu for Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

How to: Add Windows Mode Context Menu for Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

How to Add Windows Mode to Context Menu to Toggle Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

Starting with theme will also change your PC to be light themed.

This tutorial will show you how to add a Windows mode context menu to make it easy to choose the default Windows mode to a light or dark theme as wanted for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: "Windows mode" desktop context menu and Start menu and taskbar with light and dark theme

Add Windows Mode Context Menu for Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Windows mode" to Desktop Context Menu
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Windows_Mode_to_desktop_context_menu.reg

Download

3. To Remove "Windows mode" from Desktop Context Menu
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Windows_Mode_from_desktop_context_menu.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

AntJac, Mar 11, 2018
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Dark Context menu in Light Theme when clicking on options for Wi-Fi

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I see that when you click on the Wi-Fi option in you get the options in Dark context menu in Light Theme. This is by design for the Light Theme.

There are few interesting feature changes in Windows 10 1903 that you may want to check. You can refer the article

What's new in Windows 10 1903
    to know about the new features.

However, I commend you for noticing this in the Light Theme. We would like to hear your thoughts and suggestions, as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I would suggest you to post a feedback in Microsoft

Feedback Hub
    so that our developing team can review your suggestions and check if it can be included in the future updates.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Dark Context menu in Light Theme when clicking on options for Wi-Fi

Glad to know that this is a design for the light theme and this is not a bug. I already posted my suggestions in Microsoft Feedback Hub. I previously checked most of the feature in
    What's new in Windows 10 1903
    and couldn't find this information.

Waiting for my thoughts and suggestions to be included in the future updates. Thank You.

AraniAranyak, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Shawn Brink, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Add Windows Mode Context Menu for Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Mode Context

2. Why is there no automatic switch between Light Mode and Dark Mode on Windows Theme in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there no automatic switch between Light Mode and Dark Mode on Windows Theme in...: I have recently bought a new laptop with Windows 11. Having varied usage hours spanning between day and night, I noticed that Windows 11 lacks an automatic Dark Mode based on Sunset/ Sunrise or custom hours setting. Seeing as how simple it is for my phone to do so, it...
  3. Why is there no automatic switch between Light Mode and Dark Mode on Windows Theme in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is there no automatic switch between Light Mode and Dark Mode on Windows Theme in...: I have recently bought a new laptop with Windows 11. Having varied usage hours spanning between day and night, I noticed that Windows 11 lacks an automatic Dark Mode based on Sunset/ Sunrise or custom hours setting. Seeing as how simple it is for my phone to do so, it...
  4. Windows 10 Dark Theme not changing classic context menu and dropdown fields

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Dark Theme not changing classic context menu and dropdown fields: Many dropdown fields and context menus e.g. desktop right-click context menu and Audacity dropdowns are still left light. Shouldn't these be updated to the dark theme for consistency with the dark theme in Windows Explorer?If an app "doesn't fit" the dark context menu, that...
  5. Windows 10 20H2 19042.746 - Dark and light Context menu

Windows 10 20H2 19042.746 - Dark and light Context menu: Hi All Please I have Windows 10 20h2 19042.746. my problem is with dark mode, the dark mode works fine with all menus and interface, but there is a problem with the context menu; when I make right-click on any file except image file ----> dark context menu appears while make...
  6. How to toggle Light or Dark mode from context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to toggle Light or Dark mode from context menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to enable or disable Light or Dark mode in Windows 10 […] This article How to toggle Light or Dark mode from context menu in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Is there a way to add an option to change between the light and dark theme in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to add an option to change between the light and dark theme in the start menu?: I don't always want the dark theme on, and going in to the settings to change it every time is annoying. submitted by /u/aaronth07 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dw4nf7/is_there_a_way_to_add_an_option_to_change_between/
  8. Dark Context menu in Light Theme when clicking on options for Wi-Fi

Dark Context menu in Light Theme when clicking on options for Wi-Fi: Clicking on wifi shows dark tabs in Windows Light theme (Version 1903). If it's a bug then please find me a [ATTACH]sloution to fix this. ***Modified title from: Clicking on wifi shows dark tabs in Windows Light theme (Version 1903). If it's a bug then please find me a...
  9. Add App Mode to Context Menu for Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add App Mode to Context Menu for Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10: How to: Add App Mode to Context Menu for Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10 How to Add App Mode to Context Menu to Toggle Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10 You can change your apps in Windows 10 from a default light mode to dark mode. Dark mode is great for low-light...
  10. Change Default App Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default App Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10: How to: Change Default App & Windows Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10 How to Change Default App Mode and Windows Mode to Light or Dark Theme Color in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can change your apps instantly from light mode to dark mode great for low-light...