Windows 10: Add Windows Update back to Control Panel in Windows 10

Discus and support Add Windows Update back to Control Panel in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; How to Add Windows Update back to Control Panel in Windows 10 Is the above link still available? When I click on it I get a page that says: , you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Crashed, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Crashed Win User

Add Windows Update back to Control Panel in Windows 10

How to Add Windows Update back to Control Panel in Windows 10

Is the above link still available? When I click on it I get a page that says:
    , you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Still using 9926, and would like to add updates back to control panel, if it's still doable.

:)

Crashed, Mar 27, 2015
  2. neilpzz Win User

In order to get back display in the control panel I had to go back to a previous build of windows 10 and go on a metered network. Will this problem ever be put right

Sorry I can't see what you mean.

I've just tried System Font Changer and it runs as a standalone program to allow you to change the fonts you wish. It doesn't appear in Control Panel or alter Control Panel items in any way.

As far as updates are concerned it won't alter those either. Updates you receive depend on what windows update sends to your device on a metered network. You won't receive Feature updates if you are still set to metered network.

neilpzz, Mar 27, 2015
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    In order to get back display in the control panel I had to go back to a previous build of windows 10 and go on a metered network. Will this problem ever be put right

Hi Wally,

The feature to change certain text sizes in advanced display settings has been removed in Fall Creators Update.

We encourage you to submit your issue using the
    Feedback Hub
    . You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help determine what’s causing it and address it. Feedback items regularly
    receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

If you have other concerns, feel free to post back.

Remon Ont, Mar 27, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Wait till Brink answers, but I would guess they've turned it off for now because since the latest build the "hack is not possible, so they're waiting to see if it's possible in future builds(which I believe won't happen).

Cliff S, Mar 27, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Crashed,

*Name: Add_Windows_Update_to_Control_Panel.reg Views: 631 Size: 318 BytesAdd_Windows_Update_to_Control_Panel.reg

If you need to remove Windows Update from the Control Panel later, then you can do so with the .reg file below from that tutorial to restore default settings.

Remove_Windows_Update_from_Control_Panel.reg

Brink, Mar 27, 2015
  6. wptski Win User
    Just another reason to stay clear of the 10041 build. This was a fix for problems caused by the ATI/AMD graphics update forced upon us.

wptski, Mar 29, 2015
  7. IKA
    ika Win User
    Brink hi can you make thes registry key for new build please? 10240 would be good *Smile

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows Update is deprecated in the Control Panel, and is only available in Settings now. *Sad

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Add Windows Update back to Control Panel in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Update Control

2. How to add Registry Editor to Control Panel in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Registry Editor to Control Panel in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Although Microsoft moved several options from Control Panel to the Windows Settings in Windows 10, the former still has a lot of settings that are […] This article How to add Registry Editor to Control Panel in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  3. Control Panel/ Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Control Panel/ Windows update: I was looking through my control panel this morning and I saw Update for Windows 10 for x64-based system(kb40...... as one of the apps installed on january 11 2018 and I was wondering if I should delete it...
  4. Add Windows Update to Control Panel Manually

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Add Windows Update to Control Panel Manually: I figured out how to put Windows update in control panel without any secondary software. I used Brink's Add Group Policy to Control panel registry hack in the sevenforums.com as a template. I modified to look like this. Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00...
  5. Add Windows Update back to Control Panel in Windows 10

Add Windows Update back to Control Panel in Windows 10: hi guys I saw old post it was old build but want ask in new build 10240 possible do thes? if someone knows let know please*Smile 12542
  6. Windows update is not in the control panel,

Windows update is not in the control panel,: Windows update is not in the control panel, where is it? 14814
  7. Add Windows Update to Control Panel in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Windows Update to Control Panel in Windows 10: How to: Add Windows Update to Control Panel in Windows 10 How to Add Windows Update to Control Panel in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows Update keeps Windows 10 updated by downloading and installing the latest updates, drivers, and hotfixes released by Microsoft....
  8. Add Personalization to Control Panel in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Personalization to Control Panel in Windows 10: How to: Add Personalization to Control Panel in Windows 10 How to Add Personalization to Control Panel in Windows 10 [img] Information Personalization includes your account's System Icons. Personalization has been removed from the Settings instead. This tutorial...
  9. Add Windows Defender Antivirus to Control Panel in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Windows Defender Antivirus to Control Panel in Windows 10: How to: Add Windows Defender Antivirus to Control Panel in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows Defender Antivirus helps protect your PC against malware (malicious software) like viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software. Malware can infect your PC without...
  10. Add Control Panel to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Control Panel to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Control Panel to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Control Panel context menu in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, there are a few different ways to find and change your settings: app settings, and search. Most of the settings that...