Windows 10: Add Windows Update to Control Panel Manually

Discus and support Add Windows Update to Control Panel Manually in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I figured out how to put Windows update in control panel without any secondary software. I used Brink's Add Group Policy to Control panel registry hack... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jerry06, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Jerry06 Win User

Add Windows Update to Control Panel Manually

I figured out how to put Windows update in control panel without any secondary software. I used Brink's Add Group Policy to Control panel registry hack in the sevenforums.com as a template.

I modified to look like this.

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{36eef7db-88ad-4e81-ad49-0e313f0c35f8}] @="Windows Update" "InfoTip"="Starts Windows Update (With Shortcut Key)" "System.ControlPanel.Category"="5" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{36eef7db-88ad-4e81-ad49-0e313f0c35f8}\DefaultIcon] @="C:\\Windows\\System32\\imageres.dll, 74" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{36eef7db-88ad-4e81-ad49-0e313f0c35f8}\Shell] [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{36eef7db-88ad-4e81-ad49-0e313f0c35f8}\Shell\Open] [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{36eef7db-88ad-4e81-ad49-0e313f0c35f8}\Shell\Open\Command] @="control /name microsoft.WindowsUpdate" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ControlPanel\NameSpace\{36eef7db-88ad-4e81-ad49-0e313f0c35f8}] @="Add Windows Update to Control Panel"[/quote] The only thing I can't figure out is where the default Windows update icon is. I created one for my system but.. I don't know who would like it. Just change imageres.dll to your icon file with the number or just change the ",74" to another icon in imageres.dll

Code: [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{36eef7db-88ad-4e81-ad49-0e313f0c35f8}\DefaultIcon] @="C:\\Windows\\System32\\imageres.dll, 74"[/quote]

:)

Jerry06, Dec 14, 2015

2. Web credentials

Can I manually add a web credential in control panel? Windows did not offer to save that one.

BillAlston, Dec 14, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Dec 14, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Dec 14, 2015
Thema:

1. Add Windows Update to Control Panel Manually - Similar Threads - Add Update Control

2. Manually add update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Manually add update: Is it possible to add windows updates to the control panel ? It it is I would appreciate your advice, thanks 156159
  3. Control panel 'Add Devices' flashes then disappears

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Control panel 'Add Devices' flashes then disappears: When I click on Add Devices or Advanced Printer Setup, the window briefly flashes before disappearing. I can't access the options at all. As well as this, Bluetooth devices are not appearing in the Bluetooth settings, or in control panel. The bluetooth drivers are under...
  4. Control Panel/ Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Control Panel/ Windows update: I was looking through my control panel this morning and I saw Update for Windows 10 for x64-based system(kb40...... as one of the apps installed on january 11 2018 and I was wondering if I should delete it...
  5. Add Windows Update back to Control Panel in Windows 10

Add Windows Update back to Control Panel in Windows 10: hi guys I saw old post it was old build but want ask in new build 10240 possible do thes? if someone knows let know please*Smile 12542
  6. Windows update is not in the control panel,

Windows update is not in the control panel,: Windows update is not in the control panel, where is it? 14814
  7. Add Windows Update back to Control Panel in Windows 10

Add Windows Update back to Control Panel in Windows 10: How to Add Windows Update back to Control Panel in Windows 10 Is the above link still available? When I click on it I get a page that says: , you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons: Your user account may not have...
  8. Add Windows Update to Control Panel in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Windows Update to Control Panel in Windows 10: How to: Add Windows Update to Control Panel in Windows 10 How to Add Windows Update to Control Panel in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows Update keeps Windows 10 updated by downloading and installing the latest updates, drivers, and hotfixes released by Microsoft....
  9. Add Personalization to Control Panel in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Personalization to Control Panel in Windows 10: How to: Add Personalization to Control Panel in Windows 10 How to Add Personalization to Control Panel in Windows 10 [img] Information Personalization includes your account's System Icons. Personalization has been removed from the Settings instead. This tutorial...
  10. Add Control Panel to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Control Panel to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Control Panel to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Control Panel context menu in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, there are a few different ways to find and change your settings: app settings, and search. Most of the settings that...