Windows 10: Added 2 new 250 gig SSDs - now System won't start (boot)

Discus and support Added 2 new 250 gig SSDs - now System won't start (boot) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi guys...had a very similar issue that was fixed previously but I'm not sure how I fixed it can not boot with extra hdds connected ? - Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by trinaz, Nov 26, 2017.

1. trinaz Win User

Added 2 new 250 gig SSDs - now System won't start (boot)

Hi guys...had a very similar issue that was fixed previously but I'm not sure how I fixed it can not boot with extra hdds connected ? - Windows 10 Forums

Was fixed and running fine...now I have added 2 250gig SSDs...and I have the same issues again....if one or both of the new SSDs are attached...system freezes at bios boot screen....if I unplug the two SSD power lines...then bingo...system starts

In case this is related...I'm attaching two jpg's of my drive system...Windows and EaseUS Partition drive schematics...looks weird to me but don't know much about drives/partitions etc...except there's questions when I look at this...

Please take a look at the jpgs and tell me if anything in these is causing my system to freeze with the new SSD's attached ??

Note: freeze is at bios screen - press delete or F2 to enter Bios....

Thanks...TiminAz

Added 2 new 250 gig SSDs - now System won't start (boot) [​IMG]

Added 2 new 250 gig SSDs - now System won't start (boot) [​IMG]

:)

trinaz, Nov 26, 2017
  2. 1-2 KNOW Win User

Windows 10 Confusion

Thanks Lawrence. I do have the 64 bit software but just the Windows 8 and not the Pro. The SSD unfortunately is going to be small with only 120 gigs or maybe 250 gigs if I find a good deal. I won't be replacing the 1 TB HDD. Too much money at the time.
    You can get a whole new computer with a decent size SSD and Windows 10 already installed and I won't have to worry about any of this. Makes sense right. No sense putting more money into something that's worth less than the upgrade would be when you can get
    the whole system for cheaper than the single upgrade. All I want to do is install the Windows 10 on the 120 or 250 gig SSD as if it came with it. I just need to know what software is needed to have updates. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the non-support wrong
    but you have to have updates. The UPC code and what ever info you can include.

1-2 KNOW, Nov 26, 2017
  3. Beyond sick of this issue - Event ID 10016 application issue.

I have a brand new system I built myself ASUS PRIME 370-A mobo, AMD Ryzen 7 1700 cpu, 16 gigs ddr4 corsair memory, 250 gig ssd I have now reloaded windows 10 pro 64 bit 8 times and on each fresh load, immediately the event viewer shows event id: 10016
    Every load immediately upon booting up the first time!! Everything I read says to pay no attention to this. Sorry, with the money I spent on this system I expect no errors on fresh loads!!!

MarcusWyatt, Nov 26, 2017
  4. Added 2 new 250 gig SSDs - now System won't start (boot)

Which SATA ports did you connect the drives to? What is the make and model number of your motherboard and is it running the latest BIOS?

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 27, 2017
  5. Hi,
    Disk 0 looks like a train wreck *Smile

ThrashZone, Nov 27, 2017
  6. Plankton Win User
    LMAO...I couldn't help laugh at that.....but I came to the same conclusion.

Are the system specs listed in "my computer" for the problematic PC?

Plankton, Nov 27, 2017
  7. trinaz Win User
    Not sure will check that tonight...read somewhere that that might be an issue(sata port assingments)...however since the 2 new SSD's are empty...didn't think that would be an issue...will post back tomorrow...thanks for your help...
    TiminAz

trinaz, Nov 27, 2017
  8. Plankton Win User

As I asked in post #4.....are the specs listed for the PC having the issue?

Plankton, Nov 27, 2017
  9. trinaz Win User
    Yes...and I posted the the drive specs since it appeared to me not to have the normal setup/partitions, etc

trinaz, Nov 27, 2017
  10. cereberus Win User
    It is not that bad. Eeasus shows minor 1MB alignment partitions that Windows does nit bother. All OP has to do is delete 847 mb partition right of c drive and expand c drive and it will be as it shoould be.

cereberus, Nov 27, 2017
  11. trinaz Win User
    yes...specs included in my profile are current

trinaz, Nov 28, 2017
  12. The reason I asked for the board model number is, there are two SATA controllers on the motherboard. The first six gray SATA ports are the AMD controller and these are the SATA ports you should be using for your new drives. If you connected them to the black JMicron controller, it may prevent the PC from booting properly.

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 28, 2017
  13. Added 2 new 250 gig SSDs - now System won't start (boot)

Good old windows update *Smile

Hearsepilot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Added 2 new 250 gig SSDs - now System won't start (boot) - Similar Threads - Added 250 gig

2. Added another SSD, now Windows 10 won't boot!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Added another SSD, now Windows 10 won't boot!: I have a PC with a Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H V2-CF motherboard and a KINGSTON SA400S37240G SSD in one of the SATA slots. I was running out of space so added another SSD, a brand new goodram PCle 4.0 NVMe M.2 2280 px600 in the M.2 slot. As far as I know all the components are...
  3. Added another SSD, now Windows 10 won't boot!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Added another SSD, now Windows 10 won't boot!: I have a PC with a Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H V2-CF motherboard and a KINGSTON SA400S37240G SSD in one of the SATA slots. I was running out of space so added another SSD, a brand new goodram PCle 4.0 NVMe M.2 2280 px600 in the M.2 slot. As far as I know all the components are...
  4. System drive used to boot but won't now

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System drive used to boot but won't now: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 7306 black. Supplied as NVMe SSD 500GB. Bought from a Dell outlet in Feb 22. I bought a new 2TB SSD and had the outlet install it. I put a fresh install of Win 10 Pro on it. It's worked fine since then. So obviously it was a Bootable device and...
  5. System drive used to boot but won't now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System drive used to boot but won't now: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 7306 black. Supplied as NVMe SSD 500GB. Bought from a Dell outlet in Feb 22. I bought a new 2TB SSD and had the outlet install it. I put a fresh install of Win 10 Pro on it. It's worked fine since then. So obviously it was a Bootable device and...
  6. System drive used to boot but won't now

7. 2 ssds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 ssds: Hi. My pc is showing 2 ssds but I only have 1 ssd. How can i get rid of this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-ssds/6eaec8db-61a6-4e48-86da-fe7170c83e69
  8. 2 ssds

2 ssds: Hi. My pc is showing 2 ssds but I only have 1 ssd. How can i get rid of this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-ssds/6eaec8db-61a6-4e48-86da-fe7170c83e69
  9. 2 ssds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. 2 SSDs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2 SSDs: Hello Here is the mather. I have 2 SSDs. One is 250go ( where everything is automaticly installed) and another one is 1000go. I would like to transfert everything on my 1TO because the 250Go is 3/4 full. I saw couple of tutorials about images on this forum but it was 2017...