Windows 10: Added a new user account to computer

Discus and support Added a new user account to computer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I had an account on my wife's computer, (it was my old computer), I deleted it to save some room on here HD. Then I added a new user, using the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by rboppy, Jan 18, 2018.

1. rboppy Win User

Added a new user account to computer

Hi,

I had an account on my wife's computer, (it was my old computer), I deleted it to save some room on here HD. Then I added a new user, using the same user name and password that is on this computer. I just signed in to the new account and it went through the motions of setting it up, after few minutes it went back to the sign in screen, I signed in and it asked for my Microsoft account info, I did not use my Microsoft account to set it up, just my email, now I have a screen that I can't get rid of, that explains the wonders of the new Fall Creators update.

I rebooted (had to alt-ctrl-del sign, on as my wife to access the power icon, to reboot) signed back into the account, after several minutes, the screen went black for 30 seconds, then I got the same screen "Get all your memories in one place" in large font across the top, no way to exit.

Any ideas?

:)

rboppy, Jan 18, 2018

2. Adding new user account

Hi Sean,

Is this the first time you're trying to set up your family to that PC?

If so, please see this support article from Windows 10 on how to Set up your Family for a more detailed instruction.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Joanna 777, Jan 18, 2018
  3. Adding new user account

How come when I go to add a new user through computer settings when click on "add family member" or "add someone else to this pc" all I get is a black window that pops up? Can anyone help me with this?

SeanMcCain, Jan 18, 2018
  4. debsawyer Win User

On that screen, look it over, you should be able to click on something that says "use a local account" or something of that nature.

debsawyer, Jan 18, 2018
  5. rboppy Win User
    Nope! There is a people icon that asks me to sign in, but will only accept my MS account, no local option.

rboppy, Jan 18, 2018
  6. debsawyer Win User
    Is it possible to take a picture of the screen? I have not seen it for a while since upgraded a while back. Also you said you removed your account to save on hard drive space, but now you are adding another one. I am not understanding how that is suppose to save on space. How much hard drive space does she have or have left?

debsawyer, Jan 18, 2018
  7. rboppy Win User
    I took a snapshot of it:

Added a new user account to computer [​IMG]

The only thing missing is in the upper left hand corner it "Photos", must be a title, doesn't click.
    My old account had all of my old files on it, we ran Malwarebytes on the entire system and it took over 18 hours, so the easiest way to remove all those files was to delete the account.

rboppy, Jan 18, 2018
  8. debsawyer Win User

I have never seen that screen before during setup. Did you try clicking on the little person on the upper right?

debsawyer, Jan 18, 2018
  9. debsawyer Win User
    See him there?
    Added a new user account to computer [​IMG]

debsawyer, Jan 18, 2018
  10. debsawyer Win User
    Did you try the ... menu to see if you can do anything there?

debsawyer, Jan 18, 2018
  11. rboppy Win User
    From thread #3

rboppy, Jan 18, 2018
  12. rboppy Win User
    Yes I tried all of the icons, I'm about to delete me and start over.

rboppy, Jan 18, 2018
  13. debsawyer Win User

Yes I think you should. I don't see a resolution to the problem.

debsawyer, Jan 18, 2018
  14. mrgeek Win User

This looks like it's trying to setup Onedrive cloud services which requires an MS account. You can't just close the window or open Task manager and kill it there ?

mrgeek, Jan 18, 2018
  15. rboppy Win User
    There's no way I could find to close the window, and there is no task manager, the windows flag key does nothing and Ctrl-Alt Del brings up the switch users screen.

rboppy, Jan 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Added a new user account to computer - Similar Threads - Added user account

2. Adding new users to Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding new users to Windows: I have a new to me desktop that was running Windows 10. I have tried to add additional users but the Settings option refused to let me and said I had to use Control Panel. I tried that but it just sent me back to Settings which told me I had to use Control Panel................
  3. Adding new users to Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding new users to Windows: I have a new to me desktop that was running Windows 10. I have tried to add additional users but the Settings option refused to let me and said I had to use Control Panel. I tried that but it just sent me back to Settings which told me I had to use Control Panel................
  4. Problem adding new "User" account in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem adding new "User" account in Win 11: Hi,I am trying to add my wife as a new "User" on a brand new 2 days old Dell Optiplex PC running Windows 11 and am getting this crazy error message: This is totally impossible, as I am the only "User" registered so far.Trying to think outside of the box, although it sounds...
  5. Problem adding new "User" account in Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem adding new "User" account in Win 11: Hi,I am trying to add my wife as a new "User" on a brand new 2 days old Dell Optiplex PC running Windows 11 and am getting this crazy error message: This is totally impossible, as I am the only "User" registered so far.Trying to think outside of the box, although it sounds...
  6. Adding New User, Account Is Corrupted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding New User, Account Is Corrupted: When I create a new user account, the desktop is corrupted.The start menu has a transparent background so items are unreadableSettings Home screen is OK but and option is unusable. most sections of a sub page randomly flash background colours, predominantly transparent.I have...
  7. Unknown user account on new computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unknown user account on new computer: I have bought my wife a laptop and a desktop over the past year and both have created an admin account named “carol” but we do not have access to this account. my wife’s name is not carol but both computers have the same admin account. Has anyone else had this issue? The...
  8. Problems with adding a new user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problems with adding a new user account: Following a fresh reinstall of Windows 10 I've repeatedly added a family member as an account user on the PC. Each time after getting the usual "Please wait" and "We're sorting it" messages the new user desktop opens with a message saying there is not enough disk space -...
  9. Adding new user problems

Adding new user problems: Whenever I add a new user, some of the elements of Windows 10 don't work properly. For instance, the Start Menu does not pop up, or either the right click or the left click works but not both, Also some apps like Weather try to start but immediately shut off. Even the...
  10. Problem added new user

Problem added new user: I'm going to give my computer to my wife so I added her as a new user. First on her W10 computer she's not signed in through her Microsoft account, just her name and a random password, upgraded from Windows 7. Wasn't able to use that, Windows requires a Microsoft...