Windows 10: Added a new user by invite, will they have the same common programs?

Discus and support Added a new user by invite, will they have the same common programs? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I as an admin, added a user as an admin, should they see the same programs such as Chrome browser? I had to install chrome for the second user.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sdowney717, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Added a new user by invite, will they have the same common programs?

If I as an admin, added a user as an admin, should they see the same programs such as Chrome browser?

I had to install chrome for the second user. And the second user is missing a bunch of icons on the lower task bar that exist on the first user.

Situation was, I invited the second user, logged into their email, accepted invitation, then while logging onto their account, the OS was working on setting up the second user, I wiggled some cables and the PC turned itself instantly off.
    So I turned on PC, logged in as second user and who knows if it was right. I did notice I could not access another harddrive's user account folder where the harddrive is plugged into the PC internally.
    I then tried making the second user an admin, but still no access to the folder.

So I went online and deleted or killed the second user. Resent the invite, reaccepted the invite, made the seconf user an admin and now they can open the user's picture folder.

I am basically transferring my wife's documents, pictures, downloads to a new PC, so I put the old drive in the new PC to copy everything over. And was able to do that.

:)

sdowney717, Jan 6, 2017
  2. NateB_507 Win User

No invite email to add family user

Recently upgraded to windows 10 and I'm trying to add a child user account. I have added the child and put in their email address to send an invite. I still have yet to receive a invite confirmation email to their email after a day. I have tried to add
    the child user on a different computer with the same result. I have also deleted the user and tried again just in case I entered the email address wrong. I am unable to set up the parameters without the confirmation invite email. Any suggestions to work around
    this or send another invite again?

NateB_507, Jan 6, 2017
  3. k_zed Win User
    Invitation to join family not received

OK, I have finally got somewhere after fiddling for ages tonight. The outlook email addresses I didn't get to work, but the gmail did receive the invitation in the end, when I sent if from Family via browser. Also, I needed to log in as this gmail user
    to check the email, as it was picking up my parent login and adding the new child user as an adult and resulted in a right circular mess. Once I logged in to the laptop as the new child gmail user, I went to it's email, accepted the invitation, and it added
    me to the parent family correctly. What an unintuitive palaver! This really does need to be made clear in the instructions. Karen

k_zed, Jan 6, 2017
  4. Barman58 Win User

Added a new user by invite, will they have the same common programs?

What programs a user sees when they are created depends on the settings used when installing the program, (before and after the creation of a particular user).

Every system has a hidden account called DefaultUser - this account is used as a template for every user created so if the application is visible/usable to DefaultUser then it will be to the new user.

Often when installing you will be presented with a choice to install for all users this choice, if selected, actually installs for DefaultUser

Chrome actually always installs for the current user only (and installs to a non standard location in the users user's appdata )

Barman58, Jan 6, 2017
Thema:

Added a new user by invite, will they have the same common programs?

1. Added a new user by invite, will they have the same common programs? - Similar Threads - Added user invite

2. Adding new users to Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding new users to Windows: I have a new to me desktop that was running Windows 10. I have tried to add additional users but the Settings option refused to let me and said I had to use Control Panel. I tried that but it just sent me back to Settings which told me I had to use Control Panel................
  3. Adding new users to Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding new users to Windows: I have a new to me desktop that was running Windows 10. I have tried to add additional users but the Settings option refused to let me and said I had to use Control Panel. I tried that but it just sent me back to Settings which told me I had to use Control Panel................
  4. Adding new user with same first five letters in email address to existing user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding new user with same first five letters in email address to existing user: In Windows 10, if one wants to have two or more users, on the same PC, that happen to have the same first 5 letters in their email address, what happens. For example: - User 1: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** - User 2: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  5. Adding New User, Account Is Corrupted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding New User, Account Is Corrupted: When I create a new user account, the desktop is corrupted.The start menu has a transparent background so items are unreadableSettings Home screen is OK but and option is unusable. most sections of a sub page randomly flash background colours, predominantly transparent.I have...
  6. adding a new user on Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    adding a new user on Windows 10: Hi. I would like to add a new user so that it appears on the log in screen, the way previous versions of Windows did. There are instructions on the web, but the screen shots they show are different than I see on my screen when Windows 10 starts....
  7. New User Mysteriously Added?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New User Mysteriously Added?: So a while back, I went to restart my pc, and I got a message that said something along the lines of "another user is still using this pc, if you sign out now they may lose work". I had never seen this before, so after googling the meaning, I checked the Users under task...
  8. Adding new user problems

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding new user problems: Whenever I add a new user, some of the elements of Windows 10 don't work properly. For instance, the Start Menu does not pop up, or either the right click or the left click works but not both, Also some apps like Weather try to start but immediately shut off. Even the...
  9. Added a new user account to computer

Added a new user account to computer: Hi, I had an account on my wife's computer, (it was my old computer), I deleted it to save some room on here HD. Then I added a new user, using the same user name and password that is on this computer. I just signed in to the new account and it went through the motions of...
  10. Problem added new user

Problem added new user: I'm going to give my computer to my wife so I added her as a new user. First on her W10 computer she's not signed in through her Microsoft account, just her name and a random password, upgraded from Windows 7. Wasn't able to use that, Windows requires a Microsoft...