Windows 10: Added a second user by mistake and cannot delete.

Discus and support Added a second user by mistake and cannot delete. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Somehow I added a second user by mistake and cannot access due to password incorrect on boot up. It tries to log into this incorrect email address and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by 2bretired, Apr 6, 2016.

1. 2bretired Win User

Added a second user by mistake and cannot delete.

Somehow I added a second user by mistake and cannot access due to password incorrect on boot up. It tries to log into this incorrect email address and says wrong password try again.
    I was trying to remove the login function. I typed in netplxiz and put the wrong email account. Now when I start it tries to log in from this email account but with password incorrect. When I click on other options both accounts appear on bottom left. I can access my account through the original account, but cannot get rid of the accidental account. I am using win 10 home. This second account does not appear in control panel user account it only shows my main Microsoft login account.

Any suggestions.

Bob

:)

2bretired, Apr 6, 2016
  2. MeadyBoy Win User

How do i emove a registry Key?

Added one by mistake messing around but cannot delete it......

MeadyBoy, Apr 6, 2016
  3. Second Language Added Automatically And Cannot Remove It!

See if rolling back to 1703 resolves the behavior.

There's no rush. Best to wait for Fall Creators Update to be offered to your computer via Windows Update. Ditto for any/all further Features updates which are now released every six (6) months, assume Microsoft doesn't change its mind AGAIN!

PA Bear - MS MVP, Apr 6, 2016
  4. TrustMe Win User

Do you have system restore enabled? If so, try that.

TrustMe, Apr 6, 2016
  5. 2bretired Win User
    Thanks that worked. Luckily there was an update restore point 2 days ago!
    Thanks Bob

2bretired, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Added a second user by mistake and cannot delete. - Similar Threads - Added second user

2. Can not delete second user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not delete second user: I was trying to turn off the Hello Pin, and mistakenly found myself in creating a second user. I was a bit lost, and put in my account name and password. On boot-up, it goes to this second user, and defaults. Luckily, it will show me my administrator account and allow me to...
  3. Can not delete second user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not delete second user: I was trying to turn off the Hello Pin, and mistakenly found myself in creating a second user. I was a bit lost, and put in my account name and password. On boot-up, it goes to this second user, and defaults. Luckily, it will show me my administrator account and allow me to...
  4. By mistake deleted battc.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    By mistake deleted battc.sys: My laptop OS is windows 7. I was just checking my laptop driver files. By mistake I deleted battc.sys from c:/windows/system32/drivers.Now my laptop is not working. As I starts it , it goes to start up repair and says can't repair. I also can't do system restore because I did...
  5. By mistake deleted battc.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    By mistake deleted battc.sys: My laptop OS is windows 7. I was just checking my laptop driver files. By mistake I deleted battc.sys from c:/windows/system32/drivers.Now my laptop is not working. As I starts it , it goes to start up repair and says can't repair. I also can't do system restore because I did...
  6. By mistake deleted battc.sys

7. By mistake deleted battc.sys

8. By mistake deleted battc.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. By mistake deleted battc.sys

10. files deleted by mistake

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    files deleted by mistake: How can I retrieve some files that I deleted by mistake? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-deleted-by-mistake/46e5d20a-9522-4d0f-a942-535c99fee401

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove user which iadded by mistake

2. added second user by mistake windows 10