Windows 10: Added HDD, cant find OS system recovery BSOD

Discus and support Added HDD, cant find OS system recovery BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So i added an WD 2TB HDD to my computer, and removed an old ATI Sapphire HD 5450 GPU. When i booted up, my computer was unable to find an OS, and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jaffamanj, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Jaffamanj Win User

Added HDD, cant find OS system recovery BSOD

So i added an WD 2TB HDD to my computer, and removed an old ATI Sapphire HD 5450 GPU. When i booted up, my computer was unable to find an OS, and it said to remove any HDD that does not have an OS, and so i did. Then i t said reboot and choose device, but when o rebooted, it just went back to the same screen. I tried to enter system recovery, but it bluescreened... i have tried this like 6 times, rearranging SATA cables and SATA power cables, but to no help.
    SYSTEM SPECS:
    Intel core i7 6xxx 3.4 GHz
    MSI GAMING PRO MOBO
    MSI GTX 970
    HYPERX FURY 16GB RAM
    ATI Sapphire HD5450 (the one i removed)
    240GB SSD, + 108 GB HDD + WD 2TB HDD ( the one i wanted to add)

:)

Jaffamanj, Jan 28, 2016
  2. jagman55 Win User

How to create a bootable disk?

118Maybe you can answer my problem which is similar but /i cant find answer for:

My PC {HP) HDD totally failed so bought a new 1tb HDD to replace. But all my OS reload disk/flash/etc are supposedly RECOVERY disk and assume what I need is an INSTALLATION disk with ability to, create BOOT partition, and load my OS (Win 7 64bit Home Premium).

jagman55, Jan 28, 2016
  3. User Folder from deleted account empty

if you cant find it in the HDD might be gone, did you see and check if you have a partition ? or a recovery drive?

#Alberto_Flores, Jan 28, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

What boot devices are present in the BIOS?
    What is the boot mode in the BIOS?
    On what drive is the OS installed?

Thema:

1. Added HDD, cant find OS system recovery BSOD - Similar Threads - Added HDD cant

2. cant find the bit locker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant find the bit locker recovery key: cant find the bit locker recovery key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-the-bit-locker-recovery-key/55796a60-d264-4d51-a739-7bff3cb7b947
  3. cant find the bit locker recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant find the bit locker recovery key: cant find the bit locker recovery key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-the-bit-locker-recovery-key/55796a60-d264-4d51-a739-7bff3cb7b947
  4. Adding Windows Recovery Environment to pre-built pc os

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding Windows Recovery Environment to pre-built pc os: I recently made myself a new pc but to save the hassle I just swapped over the SSD's from my old PC and noticed I don't have Windows RE and I can't find a way to add it since I don't have an install disk/drive since it was a pre-built when I got it. Can I add Windows RE to my...
  5. Win 10 Installation fails to find HDD. Cannot perform a system recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Installation fails to find HDD. Cannot perform a system recovery: I recently bought a new laptop and decided to upgrade my older laptop Win7 to Win10. I have the complete Win10 USB as I had installed it on the Win7 machine several years ago, but went back to Win 7. Now I decided to re-upgrade the Win7 Pavilion to Win 10. During the install...
  6. Laptop will not load OS or System Recovery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop will not load OS or System Recovery: My HP laptop will not load the OS at all. It was working fine until I left it home after going on a family trip but when I returned it keeps trying to load to no avail. Eventually the BSOD will appear after the Automatic System Repair fails, with the error: Driver PNP...
  7. cant find hdd in bios or windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant find hdd in bios or windows: I screwed up today. I tried to ad a partition, that didn't show in my folder so I went to storage setting made one, but that wasn't right and made 2 thing of that drivem and when I deleted them both, the hdd went missing. I reinstalled windows and still nothing. its still...
  8. i cant find the bitLocker recovery key

i cant find the bitLocker recovery key: i have a Lenovo ideapad netbook and a couple months back i went to turn it on after it was unplugged and lost power due to a dead battery but when i plugged back in with the charger cord and powered it back up it now asks for a 32 digit bitlocker recovery key in order to get...
  9. cant find os

cant find os: I am in need of serious help. I didn't really have much space on my os drive so I wanted to format my other internal hard disk. I used easeus partition master and it trashed my pc.Now,I cant boot onto my original os.My computer detects the hard drive but doesn't boot.Any...
  10. recovery part added to system sdd?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    recovery part added to system sdd?: Greetings One day I noticed that my poor system ssd of 112GB has two parts. The new part is Recovery of 850MB including the folder WindowsRE that has 3 files inside: boot.sdi 3MB. Winre.wim 390MB, ReAgent.xml 1K. Does anyone know what caused it? is it part of some windows...