Windows 10: added Quick Access to Taskbar - then removed - now quick access twice

Discus and support added Quick Access to Taskbar - then removed - now quick access twice in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Added Quick Access to Taskbar - then removed - now quick access twice in File Explorer left navigation pane. How to remove the extra? 94546 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ArmaRayo, Sep 29, 2017.

1. ArmaRayo Win User

added Quick Access to Taskbar - then removed - now quick access twice

Added Quick Access to Taskbar - then removed - now quick access twice in File Explorer left navigation pane.

How to remove the extra?

:)

ArmaRayo, Sep 29, 2017

2. Quick access pinning and unpinning does not work in Windows 10.

In an Explorer window, my Windows 10 "Quick Access" menu does not take new pins or remove existing ones based on folder actions initiated via the right-click menus.

For example, if I right click "Folder XYZ" in an Explorer window, select "Pin to Quick Access" - it does not get added to the Quick Access menu.

If I right click an item in the Quick Access menu, select "Unpin from Quick Access" - it does not get removed from the Quick Access menu.

So the old "Favourites" functionality is gone. There appears to be zero control on this replacement menu.

Mysticpest, Sep 29, 2017
  3. Is there a key shortcut that will allow me to toggle the levels of the task bar when it takes more than a single level?

It is built in, they just hide it. And I added more info to my post, so re-read it.

Now you have your pinned items on taskbar, another full row to add items in quick launch and your pinned quick access items in explorer that is pinned to taskbar. Everything at your fingertips. And auto hide task bar gives you full access to your whole screen
    viewing area in normal or full screen mode.

And you are Welcome!

seahawks65, Sep 29, 2017
Thema:

added Quick Access to Taskbar - then removed - now quick access twice

1. added Quick Access to Taskbar - then removed - now quick access twice - Similar Threads - added Quick Access

2. Folders are automatically added to the quick access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folders are automatically added to the quick access: How to stop folders from automatically adding into Quick access please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-are-automatically-added-to-the-quick/18e5462b-3533-413e-a68c-cfaf54d8c085
  3. Quick Access in Explorer on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access in Explorer on Taskbar: I have several folders pinned to quick access. Typically, these show up in the windows explorer I have pinned to my taskbar. I can right-click the folder icon, and all of my quick access folders show up to go to directly. Today, these have disappeared. I still have my...
  4. Remove Folder That Have Not Been Added To Quick Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove Folder That Have Not Been Added To Quick Access: So I started using the quick access menu on the side of window explorer. However, there are always certain folders that appear there that I have not made quick access and it is a tedious process of removing the folder until a semi-important folder takes its place or I simply...
  5. Quick Access folder removed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access folder removed: I didn't know how to work with Quick Access and when I saw my file there - I requested file to be removed. Now I can not locate my file anywhere. Where do files go when removed from Quick Access....
  6. Quick access show twice

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access show twice: Hi. Quick access show twice in navigation panel. I have no idea how to fix it. All results in internet are about duplicated drives in navigation panel, but nothing about QA. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Thank you. 148453
  7. Remove Quick Access for good

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Quick Access for good: Does anyone know how to remove Quick acess from file explorer when updating a driver? I already removed it from file explorer with Winaero Tweaker but on some occasions it still shows up. 146862
  8. Quick Access - now not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access - now not working: Hi, This stopped allowing me to add locations to the sidebar in File Explorer some time ago (even though I can see them in the Quick access directory) and I tried various fixes since, none of which have worked. I tried: - deleting the files in Registry for...
  9. Remove from Quick access

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove from Quick access: You guys have helped me with other technical problems so lets see if anyone can help with this one ! Cannot delete or remove from Quick access the 3 files that say recent files, i have tried uninstalling OneDrive & reinstalling which didn't work ! Any ideas on how to either...
  10. Removing Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing Quick Access: I seem to be having a problem permanently removing the Quick Access option from my Windows 10 Creators Update machine (I also had this issue on the Anniversary Update install before upgrading). I get the following icon randomly appearing on my desktop: [img] and in...