Windows 10: Adding a friend on the Nintendo Switch disallowed on child account?

Discus and support Adding a friend on the Nintendo Switch disallowed on child account? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello. I would like to add myself (the adult in our Microsoft account family) to my son's Friends list on the Nintendo Switch. He is already in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sevidra, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Sevidra Win User

Adding a friend on the Nintendo Switch disallowed on child account?

Hello. I would like to add myself (the adult in our Microsoft account family) to my son's Friends list on the Nintendo Switch.

He is already in the Family, and I've been over the Family FAQ to no avail.

How can I enable him to look up gamertags so he can have friends in Minecraft? It's not in any of the settings. We only even MADE Microsoft accounts so we could try to cross-platform play with the Switch and the in-house computers, and there seems to be no way to manage that. This is very frustrating.

* Moved from Community Participation Center

:)

Sevidra, Aug 17, 2018

2. Adding friend on child account

Hi,

We would like to know more about your concern regarding the child's account. Are you pertaining to a contacts when you indicated "a friend" on your post? Have you tried some troubleshooting steps regarding your concern? If so, have you received any error
    messages?

Please keep us posted for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Nintendo Switch Dock

I found out that I can connect HDMI cables to my HP Pavilion x360. I connected my Nintendo Switch dock, but it wasn't recognized. The little light on the dock was flashing though. Does it have anything to do with projecting to the PC? Is it even possible
    to connect a Nintendo Switch to my PC? If so, how?

Alexander JustRektYou, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Adding a friend on the Nintendo Switch disallowed on child account? - Similar Threads - Adding friend Nintendo

2. How to find a friend request on Minecraft on Nintendo switch.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find a friend request on Minecraft on Nintendo switch.: I can’t find where to send or receive friend requests on Minecraft on Nintendo switch. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-a-friend-request-on-minecraft-on/2b026830-1370-4ab1-9b7a-f35f90a263c6
  3. How to find a friend request on Minecraft on Nintendo switch.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find a friend request on Minecraft on Nintendo switch.: I can’t find where to send or receive friend requests on Minecraft on Nintendo switch. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-a-friend-request-on-minecraft-on/2b026830-1370-4ab1-9b7a-f35f90a263c6
  4. Adding REALMS To Child Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding REALMS To Child Account: I'm trying to add a REALMS subscription to an account monitored by Microsoft Family Safety. I was able to get an XBOX Game Pass Ultimate on this account but I can't seem to get REALMS to subscribe. It doesn't give much info on how to do it...just shows this...What is the...
  5. playing minecraft with friends on Nintendo Switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    playing minecraft with friends on Nintendo Switch: When we set up a microsoft account and finally got logged in, it took me to a page that wants our Xbox info. We don't have an Xbox. We have a Switch....
  6. Nintendo switch and minecraft

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Nintendo switch and minecraft: When playing Minecraft on Nintendo Lite and switch it says to log in to Microsoft account from another device. I do this and it says successfully logged in, however when going back to the Nintendo it will still say sign in and we can not go any further? Could you advise?...
  7. Playing Minecraft with a Friend on Nintendo Switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playing Minecraft with a Friend on Nintendo Switch: I fave a nintendo switch and play Minencraft. And i want to be able to play with my friend but i dont to know how to invite,friend and play with her so can someone help me please? Help...?...
  8. Adding device to child's account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding device to child's account: Hello, I am trying to add a device to my child's account. I see the device in the device page https://account.microsoft.com/devices/ and it is listed under my name and not my child's. When I look at devices linked to my child, I get a page with a message: "We don't see...
  9. Nintendo switch

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Nintendo switch: How do I connect my Nintendo switch to display onto my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nintendo-switch/0cfa3398-a91c-4bd5-9fad-3749f69be556"
  10. Nintendo switch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nintendo switch: Please, give me instructions how to connect my Nintendo switch to the computer. Unfortunately I don’t have HDMI. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nintendo-switch/a9d96155-b7e8-496c-9f76-8cb971b8fed4