Windows 10: Adding a picture alongside text in MS Word

Discus and support Adding a picture alongside text in MS Word in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have problems with getting text and pictures right in MS Word 2007. I'll add a simple image to show what I'm talking about. What I got is text... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Milennin, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Milennin Win User

Adding a picture alongside text in MS Word

I have problems with getting text and pictures right in MS Word 2007. I'll add a simple image to show what I'm talking about. What I got is text aligned to one side of the document. But whenever I add a picture and put it on the other side, the text extends toward the picture. How to make it so the text stays in place after adding the picture?

First picture: The document how it looks with text only (grey is text)
    Second picture: The document how it looks with picture alongside text (picture in black)
    Third picture: How I need it to look.

Adding a picture alongside text in MS Word [​IMG]

:)

Milennin, Jul 6, 2016

2. windows phone 10 - txt file editing

Open MS Word then open the text file from there. It doesn't work if you tap on the text file directly.

No, word can't see txt files

margasITA85, Jul 6, 2016
  3. [Epstein] Win User
    windows phone 10 - txt file editing

Open MS Word then open the text file from there. It doesn't work if you tap on the text file directly.

[Epstein], Jul 6, 2016
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

A little trick here --- set your Word document up so it's in a TABLE with TWO columns. You can set the grid lines to INVISIBLE.

Now say in Row 3 you simply insert the picture in Column two.

Easy --job done.

(There might be easier / better methods --I'm not an "Office Guru" - but this method works).

Cheers

Jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 6, 2016
  5. Milennin Win User
    Thank you, that seemed to do the trick. *Smile

Milennin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Adding a picture alongside text in MS Word - Similar Threads - Adding picture alongside

2. going from picture to picture adding a text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    going from picture to picture adding a text: I know how to add text to a photo, I save it, then bring in another photo and try to add text to it. it will not work. I hit the text symbol again, try to hit the photo to add the text and it jumps back to 2D shapes icon? it won;t let me add text to pictures back to back...
  3. going from picture to picture adding a text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    going from picture to picture adding a text: I know how to add text to a photo, I save it, then bring in another photo and try to add text to it. it will not work. I hit the text symbol again, try to hit the photo to add the text and it jumps back to 2D shapes icon? it won;t let me add text to pictures back to back...
  4. Text disappearing and reappearing while typing MS word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text disappearing and reappearing while typing MS word: Today, 26 December, 2023, My MS Word started acting up. Previous text behind the cursor disappears and reappears while I'm typing. The previous posts are locked on this subject, and I saw no solution. It's not the Insert key, that's the first thing I tried. I'm a writer, I...
  5. Text disappearing and reappearing while typing MS word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text disappearing and reappearing while typing MS word: Today, 26 December, 2023, My MS Word started acting up. Previous text behind the cursor disappears and reappears while I'm typing. The previous posts are locked on this subject, and I saw no solution. It's not the Insert key, that's the first thing I tried. I'm a writer, I...
  6. How to control the flow of text around an inserted picture in WORD

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to control the flow of text around an inserted picture in WORD: I want to understand better how to manage the flow of text around a picture in WORD.For example:Which of these symbols, if any, would I use?TIA for your help.SweetTasha...
  7. Why is my text disappearing from MS Word?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my text disappearing from MS Word?: I’m typing a paper. On page 3, I started a new paragraph. When I type, half the paragraph just disappears. If I hit the undo button, it comes back. This is super annoying. I’m on a windows desktop. submitted by /u/Vomelette22 [link] [comments]...
  8. text on pictures

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    text on pictures: Does anyone know an app that is free that you can text on pictures https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-on-pictures/2bee9910-a8af-43ab-9440-17f314cea2f8
  9. Running Microsoft word 2010 alongside Word 2016

Running Microsoft word 2010 alongside Word 2016: Hi All, We have an application that is currently running Windows 7, 32 bit office install. The application needs upgrading to Windows 10, and will therefore have a 64 bit install of office2016. We have been told by the application vendor, that they have clients who are...
  10. MS Word "Text Selection Background" colour change

MS Word "Text Selection Background" colour change: When I double click on a word to select it, the selection background changes to black and the text changes to white. This is a text selection issue. It is not a permanent change such as you would do using Home/Font/Text Highlight Colour or Home/Paragraph/Shading. It is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. insert picture alongside text in word

2. ADD TEXT ALONGSIDE A PICTURE IN WORD

3. word words along side a picture

4. how to add picture in word with text along side