Windows 10: Adding Actions to Right Click Menu?

Discus and support Adding Actions to Right Click Menu? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I Windows 7 I had additional actions in the Explorer Right Click Menu, such as Edit with Photoshop for image files. I'm fairly sure I added these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nigelmercier, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Adding Actions to Right Click Menu?

I Windows 7 I had additional actions in the Explorer Right Click Menu, such as Edit with Photoshop for image files. I'm fairly sure I added these manually, but I can't remember how. I'm also curious why they have gone.

There was a dialog box to enter them as I recall, with a command string ending in %1.

Is there a way to add these in W10, preferably an easier way?

:)

nigelmercier, Oct 20, 2015

2. Airplane Mode

when you select the far right icon on taskbar for action center, it should be there, just click it to disable it.

if it is not, you can add it here by adding in quick actions

Settings>>system>>notifications and actions>>quick actions

or left click on network icon on task bar and turn it off

or

settings>>network and internet>>air plane mode

seahawks65, Oct 20, 2015
  3. Why don't all my photos show up in Windows 10 ?

Click the More actions menu in the top right hand corner of the Photos window represented by an ellipsis (...) Click Settings Make sure the source of those photos are added as a watched folder. Click the Add a folder (+) button to do so.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 20, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Adding Actions to Right Click Menu?

ContextEdit is one way. This is a 2001 PcMag published program that still works well in Windows 10.

Ztruker, Oct 20, 2015
  5. mykou Win User
    mykou, Oct 20, 2015
  6. I think Your Menu is for right clicks on the Desktop, I want different entries depending on the file type.

nigelmercier, Oct 21, 2015
  7. topgundcp Win User

Here's an example with Office 2013 Powerpoint .pps file. Normally when you double click on a .pps file, the default action is it will open the slide show. To add an action Edit with Powerpoint. The registry tweak is as shown below:

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\customEditPPS] @="Edit with Powerpoint" "Icon"=""C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office15\\POWERPNT.EXE"" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\customEditPPS\command] @=""C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office15\\POWERPNT.EXE" "%L""[/quote] Modify the code above for any app to add a context menu.

Adding Actions to Right Click Menu? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Oct 29, 2015
  8. Is there a utility that will do this? Using the registry is going to take ages *Sad

nigelmercier, Dec 13, 2015
  9. Ztruker Win User
    take ages?????

Not at all. Just select the text in the CODE box then open Notepad and paste the data into it.
    Save the file as "AddEditWithPowerpoint.reg" (or whatever you want to call it). Include the double quotes or Windows will add .txt to the end making it useless.

Now right click on AddEditWithPowerpoint.reg and select Merge or simply double click on it. Click Yes or okay as needed and you're done.

You may need to logoff and logon again, not sure.

Ztruker, Dec 18, 2015
  10. I've got about 100 to do

nigelmercier, Dec 18, 2015
  11. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Dec 19, 2015
  12. b1rd Win User

What about the Ultimate Windows Context Menu Customizer? I added a couple of programs that I use often to my context menu, and it works great. (If this was already mentioned, then my apologies)

You can even assign an icon if you wanted, to help identify the entry quicker.

13. I looked at this, but it says:"Ultimate Windows Context Menu Customizer is a freeware from door2windows that allows you to customize the context menu of many locations with ease in Windows XP, Vista & 7."

nigelmercier, Dec 23, 2015
  14. b1rd Win User
    Yes, however I've been using it on my Win-10 Pro (x64) with no problems.

However, I did launch the Program Compatibility Trouble Shooter and configured it to run like Windows-7, but it was working before I even did that. (I just check and usually opt for the "recommended compatibility settings" as a matter of routine, if it's a program that's not specifically identified as being compatible with Win-10.)

Edit:
    I did just take a look at the site again, and it does appear that it does say that it's compatible with Win10. If you click the link and look up toward the upper right corner, there's (4) OSs' listed.

Thema:

1. Adding Actions to Right Click Menu? - Similar Threads - Adding Actions Right

2. Bluetooth right click functions in action menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth right click functions in action menu: Hi, I have a bluetooth headset thats constantly being connected between two windows machines and one phone. I have used the right click menu on the bluetooth device menu in the action menu to disconnect, but suddenly it disappeared on one of my PCs, its still there on my...
  3. Bluetooth right click functions in action menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth right click functions in action menu: Hi, I have a bluetooth headset thats constantly being connected between two windows machines and one phone. I have used the right click menu on the bluetooth device menu in the action menu to disconnect, but suddenly it disappeared on one of my PCs, its still there on my...
  4. Bluetooth right click functions in action menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  6. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  7. right click menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    right click menu: how do i remove something off the right click menu submitted by /u/kubunio10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mopspb/right_click_menu/
  8. Adding custom text transforms to right click menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adding custom text transforms to right click menu: In MacOS I can add my own text transforms, so I can reformat file names quick. For example replace underscores with spaces and capitalise words. Can I do this in File Explorer? submitted by /u/throndar [link] [comments]...
  9. Adding a rename script to right click context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding a rename script to right click context menu: Here is the quick explanation. We have an in-house Apache website used for scheduling and other misc. office items . Apache has a feature where you can add a "dot" to the front of any file or folder name and it will not show up to the people accessing the website. But the...
  10. right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click menu: when using the right click menu, how do i get a "confirm" option before deleting a file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-menu/5122906b-d095-4233-a785-1aadb877a634"