Windows 10: Adding another Hotmail/Outlook account to my Mail App?

Discus and support Adding another Hotmail/Outlook account to my Mail App? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Microsoft account and I am using it with Windows 10. I want to use the Windows 10 built in Mail App. It seem very nice. I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Pipppero2007, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Adding another Hotmail/Outlook account to my Mail App?

Hello,

I have a Microsoft account and I am using it with Windows 10.

I want to use the Windows 10 built in Mail App.

It seem very nice.

I added multiple Gmail and Yahoo accounts without any issue.

But, finally, when I want to add more Hotmail accounts Windows 10 told me to use "Windows Hello" or something like that.

I really don't want that Windows adds ANOTHER USER in my computer, I only want to use MULTIPLE Hotmail/Outlook mails and their contacts and calendar!!!

I am afraid that it will add them as USERS of the computer, I don't want it!!!

PS: I found an half solution, I don't add the Hotmail account as "Outlook" account but as GENERIC INTERNET account. And it works. But I cannot use CONTACT and CALENDARS of it.

:)

Pipppero2007, Sep 22, 2017
  2. Guido1974 Win User

Outlook mail and calender app don't work with my Hotmail account since update to Windows 10

Hello,

yesterday I updated my Lumia 930 with Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Everything works fine, including OneDrive and OneNote. However, Outlook Calendar and Outlook Mail won't show my Hotmail Calendar and Mail. It worked just fine in Windows 8.1
    My Hotmail account is correctly configured in de configuration settings (as mentioned: Onedrive and Onenote are working fine). I tried adding my Hotmail account in the Calendar and Mail app, but after signing in and the conformation that de account successfully
    has been added, no hotmail calendar and no mail are shown. However, I have added my work account (Office 365) without any problems to both apps.

Can you please help me?

Guido1974, Sep 22, 2017
  3. iikeek Win User
    Data usage!

• Seem to have isolated the problem.
    • SOLUTION: delete Gmail and Yahoo mail accounts. Problem is with THEM -except Windows Live.
    • If working with Gmail: forward your mail to your Hotmail account.
    • If working with Yahoo: use Internet Explorer to check mail or pay 20$/year to activate mail forwarding in Yahoo Mail Plus
    • Contacts: going to import them to Outlook, add my Hotmail to Outlook and then sync contacts with Hotmail.
    • Added Facebook account. Seems that it doesn't use data when not browsing my friends in "People Hub".

Happy Surfing!

iikeek, Sep 22, 2017
  4. Adding another Hotmail/Outlook account to my Mail App?

Maybe my explanation was not perfect.

My question is simply: how to have two Microsoft emails (hotmail, outlook) in the windows mail app?

Pipppero2007, Sep 23, 2017
  5. Tony K Win User
    Tony K, Sep 23, 2017
  6. Helmut Win User
    Just add them. You can have any number of Outlook Mail Accounts in the Windows 10 Mail App.
    Both of my Outlook Email Accounts are setup in the Windows 10 Mail App.

You use the top selection for Outlook, nothing to do with PC user accounts as such. I actually use a Local Account for the PC.

Historically, they were pre 2012 Hotmail Accounts which were transferred and the old Hotmail address appears as a folder(linked account) in the Outlook Accounts. Thus old stray Hotmails are still received.
    Back in 2012 MS asked people to change to Outlook Mail as MS were going to close down Hotmail, however they never seemed to actually do that.

Helmut, Sep 23, 2017
  7. I dont use a local account, i use a ms account and windows hello is set.

When i try what you say, just add another outlook account (it’s the first choice) it ask me windows hello for that account and there i block myself.

It will add another account in my pc with that email address? I really don’t understand what it will do!

Instead for gmail and yahoo i have not issues at all (i have many).

Pipppero2007, Sep 23, 2017
  8. Helmut Win User

Adding another Hotmail/Outlook account to my Mail App?

I don't use Windows Hello, can't help you.
    You don't have to use it.

Helmut, Sep 23, 2017
  9. So, for MS, if I use Hello and I own 10 accounts that are Hotmail, I must activate Hello for the other 9 accounts (assuming I already have Hello for my main Microsoft Account/Hotmail email.

Pipppero2007, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Adding another Hotmail/Outlook account to my Mail App?

1. Adding another Hotmail/Outlook account to my Mail App? - Similar Threads - Adding another Hotmail

2. Outlook/Hotmail Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook/Hotmail Accounts: I have a reconditioned Dell PC desktop purchased recently and works well and is much quicker than my old PC. But although i had all my files that I wanted transferred to the new PC I can no longer access my Outlook account I had both an Outlook and separate Hotmail account...
  3. Outlook/Hotmail Accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook/Hotmail Accounts: I have a reconditioned Dell PC desktop purchased recently and works well and is much quicker than my old PC. But although i had all my files that I wanted transferred to the new PC I can no longer access my Outlook account I had both an Outlook and separate Hotmail account...
  4. Outlook/Hotmail Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Outlook email cannot be added to Windows Mail App

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook email cannot be added to Windows Mail App: I had to send my laptop to get fixed since the previous Windows update was making my laptop get the blue screen and performing automatic updates constantly. Now that I got my laptop fixed they updated it to the latest Windows 10 update. I had to add my email accounts to the...
  6. Adding a second hotmail account to mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding a second hotmail account to mail: I have my primary hotmail account setup through Windows Mail for Windows 10 though when I try to add my secondary hotmail account to combine them into my inbox it just loads for hours saying creating account. I've tried different methods to add this account and have also...
  7. Can't add Hotmail account to Mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add Hotmail account to Mail app: Whenever I try to add a Hotmail account to the Mail app (which I literally just downloaded and installed from the Store), I get this error after I select the account on the screen prior: https://i.imgur.com/rWRvHVl.png What to do? The mail account exists and I can access it...
  8. Outlook Requires "Signed In" to access Outlook/Hotmail Accounts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Requires "Signed In" to access Outlook/Hotmail Accounts: I thought this might have been the result of a recent update, but it only affects one of my machines. Normally, I use Outlook without "signing in" to a Microsoft/ MS Office account. I independently, during account setup, set up my hotmail account. This was fine on both of my...
  9. How to add another email account (Outlook Mail)?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to add another email account (Outlook Mail)?: I tried to add another email account but the system informs that I need to give account permission to sync or change password. I created an account at Gmail but cannot add it to my laptop because in the Calendar I receive an error message Ox80004005...
  10. Asks for PIN when adding a different hotmail account to the mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Asks for PIN when adding a different hotmail account to the mail app: I have two outlook/Hotmail accounts. One I log into the PC with (which is pretty crappy by the way and is a huge hassle in Windows 10 IMO). In the mail app, I was able to add the mailbox of the one I use, however I have a second email account through Hotmail that when I try...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adding another outlook account to outlook app