Windows 10: Adding "ctrl+F" command to Internet Explorer context menu

Discus and support Adding "ctrl+F" command to Internet Explorer context menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings all. How do I add the keyboard shortcut command "ctrl+F" to the Internet Explorer context menu? I know where I need to go in the registry to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by risug, Feb 14, 2016.

1. risug Win User

Adding "ctrl+F" command to Internet Explorer context menu

Greetings all. How do I add the keyboard shortcut command "ctrl+F" to the Internet Explorer context menu? I know where I need to go in the registry to add an item to the context menu of Internet Explorer, but I don't know how to add a keyboard shortcut.

:)

risug, Feb 14, 2016
  2. FortMax05 Win User

Unable to get some programs to display in "open with" menu.

None of those seem to let entries be added to the Open With submenu, though.

FortMax05, Feb 14, 2016
  3. N79; can't run " home media " menu

sawatdee krap,

maybe because you havent set any connections for "home media". i think it needs to connect with your computer. you also need to install SimpleCenter's Home Media Server software on your PC

maybe this will help you -

http://europe.nokia.com/A41123203

Message Edited by fring on 23-Nov-2008 03:20 PM

fring---01, Feb 14, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

I am not sure I understand. Ctrl+F activates the "Find on this page" search box in Internet Explorer (IE) and funcions when you are working in the IE window, there is no setting up required for this.

A right click on the IE icon for a "Find on this page" in the context menu will not be very useful since IE does not yet know what page you intend to look at. If you just want a search function for IE pages you can use the search box on the taskbar.

philc43, Feb 14, 2016
  5. risug Win User
    Thank you very much for the reply Philc43, forgive me if I failed to communicate effectively. I want to place the "Find on this Page" function in the Internet Explorer right-click context menu. Not a right-click on the IE icon.

risug, Feb 15, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    That's OK, not your fault, I just like to make sure I understand the question. The context menu you refer to can have things added to it, for example mine has an "Export to Microsoft Excel" item added and these appear in the registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt

The following Microsoft article also has some information on adding scripts but I don't know that this will help with the Ctrl+F item.
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx

For me it is just as quick to type Ctrl+F rather than going through a right click operation to select Find on this page...

philc43, Feb 15, 2016
  7. risug Win User
    Philc43, many thanks to you for your time and guidance. *Smile

risug, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Adding "ctrl+F" command to Internet Explorer context menu - Similar Threads - Adding ctrl+F command

2. What is this context menu command?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is this context menu command?: Today I noticed a command I've never seen before in the context menu. In Brazilian Portuguese it reads Liberar espao, which means "Free up space". ▼ [img] I tried to identify it using ShellMenuView, but it didn't find any menu name with "Liberar", "espao", "free", and...
  3. Adding items to the New context menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding items to the New context menu.: I have been trying to get a .php file in the new context menu with no luck. Even without the template file, it still does not work. Does anyone have any idea on how to do this? I have followed several procedures and none of them work. Windows 10 Pro RTM x64 V.2004 165692
  4. Adding items to the New context menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding items to the New context menu.: I have been trying to get a .php file in the new context menu with no luck. Even without the template file, it still does not work. Does anyone have any idea on how to do this? I have followed several procedures and none of them work. Windows 10 Pro RTM x64 V.2004 165692
  5. Adding an item to the new context menu.

Adding an item to the new context menu.: I am looking for a way to add a new item to the new context menu. The item in question is a .php file, with an associated template file. I've been tinkering around with the registry trying to get it to work, but nothing seems to be working. All the old methods no longer...
  6. how can rearrange context menu commands

how can rearrange context menu commands: Hi, how can i move cut copy to the upper of context menu I use zoomed desktop layout 150% and also I use to many apps which occupy many places in context menu, I have to scroll down context menu to see cut copy options also there might be other commands I don't need how...
  7. Adding Internet Explorer Shortcut to Start Menu

in Browsers and Email
    Adding Internet Explorer Shortcut to Start Menu: Thanks for taking a look at my issue. I am trying to add the IE shortcut to my start-menu but I am finding it very difficult. I found some instructions online but they seem very complicated given that I am able to add other shortcuts with ease. Thanks! 117120
  8. Adding Internet Explorer Sortcut to Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding Internet Explorer Sortcut to Start Menu: Thanks for taking a look at my issue. I am trying to add the IE shortcut to my start-menu but I am finding it very difficult. I found some instructions online but they seem very complicated given that I am able to add other shortcuts with ease. Thanks! 117120
  9. Adding excel in new context menu

Adding excel in new context menu: Hi, I'm trying to add excel program in the "new" context menu. [img] I went to regedit (ShellNew) : [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT]; .xlsx [img] I added "NullFile" key and put it to '1' as proposed in several procedures on the net. I restarted my computer...
  10. Windows Explorer Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Context Menu: Windows Explorer Context Menu Add custom items to Windows Explorer shell context menu easily with Explorer Context Menu. Easy to start (just install), easy to add your menu items (just one line of template code for every menu item), easy to use (.Net C#, VB, etc.) easy to...