Windows 10: Adding devices to my MS Account

Discus and support Adding devices to my MS Account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I subscribed to Office on one pc; how can I add another pc on the same account? The only selection is add a Local Account, which was denied.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sally Chen Armstrong, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Adding devices to my MS Account

I subscribed to Office on one pc; how can I add another pc on the same account? The only selection is add a Local Account, which was denied.

:)

Sally Chen Armstrong, Jul 9, 2018

2. Devices list under MS account

Hello

I have a desktop PC plus an XBOX one. Both signed into my MS account. Until today (well that's when I first noticed) both the PC and the XBOX one are listed under 'My Devices' when I login to the account.microsoft.com

However now the XBOX one listing is missing. And it won't seem to re-appear. I tried checking for other devices and nothing picks up. I logged out of MS account and then back in on the XBOX one and still no joy. Any ideas why this might be occurring? I ended up manually registering the device and adding the serial number. Which after a while made it appear under 'my devices'. Although it still doesn't appear under 'Devices with apps and games that you downloaded from the Store', I can only see my PC still.

this is strange behaviour!

Scottyboy99, Jul 9, 2018
  3. cereberus Win User
    Odd change in MS account list of devices

I was just checking my list of devices in my MS account, and I noticed two od things.

1) My Hyper-V virtual machines are just listed generically as "virtual machines" whereas they always used to be listed as "Hyper-V virtual machines". I liked it that way so I could tell Hyper-V machines separately from VMWARE VMS.

2) One of my VMs is now still listed in my MS account, even though I changed it to a local account. Previously device was always removed if you changed from MSA to local account. This is a good move assuming it is a change, not a glitch as this means the digital licence link will be retained if you changed to a local account for any reason.

cereberus, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Adding devices to my MS Account

Unable to delete PC from MS Account devices

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you trying to remove your device, by logging in to your account through browser?

• Is the issue persist to specific device?

I would suggest you to try logging in to your Microsoft account using other browser and try removing the device.

Follow the below steps.

• Go the Sign in to your Microsoft account site, and sign in to your Microsoft account.

• Click/tap on the Manage advanced security link under Security & Privacy.

• Scroll down towards the bottom of the page to the Trusted devices section, and click/tap on the Remove all the trusted devices associated with my account link.

• Click/tap on Remove all trusted devices to confirm.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Adding devices to my MS Account

1. Adding devices to my MS Account - Similar Threads - Adding devices Account

2. Adding and Removing MS Accounts from Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding and Removing MS Accounts from Windows: Hi. When I turn on my laptop W11 I am asked to select the MS account I want to use e.g. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, and enter a PIN Windows Hello, I think it's called.How do I remove this MS account from the Windows start-up? I have been into system options,...
  3. Problem signing in to laptop after adding device to MS account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem signing in to laptop after adding device to MS account: In order to install Minecraft bedrock, I had to add my laptop as a device to my Microsoft account. After doing so successfully, I restarted my laptop. At the Sign-in page, I click "Sign in", the wheel spins and it looks like something is happening, then the sign in page...
  4. adding a device to my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    adding a device to my microsoft account: I cant seem to add another PC to my account even though it says I have up to 10 available to add. When I go to the add device screen it doesn't appear, says my device is turned off which it isn't and then when I try to add a device it just takes me back to the instruction...
  5. Adding device to child's account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding device to child's account: Hello, I am trying to add a device to my child's account. I see the device in the device page https://account.microsoft.com/devices/ and it is listed under my name and not my child's. When I look at devices linked to my child, I get a page with a message: "We don't see...
  6. Connecting devices with MS account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Connecting devices with MS account: I am trying to download an app from the MS store, but it says I do not have any applicable device linked to my MS account. I have had this laptop with MS Windows 10 for two years. How do I connect it to my account?...
  7. Adding a Device to Microsoft Account Requires a MS Account User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding a Device to Microsoft Account Requires a MS Account User: I noticed that my newer Windows 10 computer had not been added to my list of devices on my Microsoft Account so I attempted to add it, only to find out that apparently the computer must be logged in to a Microsoft account user in order to do this. I only have local accounts...
  8. Adding a device to my account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Adding a device to my account: Im trying to add a device to my microsoft account. I have followed the steps but its still not showing up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-device-to-my-account/44a93c08-1dd1-420b-9027-bcf4d4511949"
  9. Adding a device to microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding a device to microsoft account: I tried adding a device to my Microsoft account but the password is not recognized. I tried rebooting but it didn't work. I tried changing the password but it didn't work....
  10. Adding a Device to My Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adding a Device to My Account: I accidentally removed a new computer from my Microsoft account. How can I add it again please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/adding-a-device-to-my-account/e4dd57b7-bb02-4c40-9b5a-9b64328f9440"