Windows 10: Adding excel in new context menu

Discus and support Adding excel in new context menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to add excel program in the "new" context menu. [img] I went to regedit (ShellNew) : [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT]; .xlsx... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by joe10001, Jan 9, 2016.

1. joe10001 Win User

Adding excel in new context menu

Hi,

I'm trying to add excel program in the "new" context menu.

Adding excel in new context menu [​IMG]

I went to regedit (ShellNew) :
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT]; .xlsx

Adding excel in new context menu [​IMG]

I added "NullFile" key and put it to '1' as proposed in several procedures on the net.
    I restarted my computer several times and there is still no excel in the menu.

It's been more than 2 hours I'm on this. Ty in advance for your help.

:)

joe10001, Jan 9, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

windows 10 microsoft 365, xls file won't open, error "class not registered"

Right-click on any .xls file.

From the context menu select "Open with ..."

Choose Microsoft Excel.

BulldogXX, Jan 9, 2016
  3. FortMax05 Win User
    Unable to get some programs to display in "open with" menu.

None of those seem to let entries be added to the Open With submenu, though.

FortMax05, Jan 9, 2016
Thema:

Adding excel in new context menu

1. Adding excel in new context menu - Similar Threads - Adding excel context

2. Excel right click context menu won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel right click context menu won't open: Windows 10 Pro 21H2, Excel 365 vers 2207. The right click context menu won't open until tried 3 times, it flashes open then closes. I have identified the problem as the cursor size setting. If you set the size to anything bigger than 2 the problem appears. Set it back to 1 or...
  3. Excel right click context menu won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel right click context menu won't open: Windows 10 Pro 21H2, Excel 365 vers 2207. The right click context menu won't open until tried 3 times, it flashes open then closes. I have identified the problem as the cursor size setting. If you set the size to anything bigger than 2 the problem appears. Set it back to 1 or...
  4. Adding NEW file types to context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding NEW file types to context menu: Hello, I would like to add file type .FC7 to my right click (context) NEW menu so I can open a new FastCad drawing in any folder. I found one link that showed how to do this, but it did not work for me. Basically it added a key under the HK_CLASSES_ROOT tree, adding a...
  5. Adding items to the New context menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding items to the New context menu.: I have been trying to get a .php file in the new context menu with no luck. Even without the template file, it still does not work. Does anyone have any idea on how to do this? I have followed several procedures and none of them work. Windows 10 Pro RTM x64 V.2004 165692
  6. Adding items to the New context menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding items to the New context menu.: I have been trying to get a .php file in the new context menu with no luck. Even without the template file, it still does not work. Does anyone have any idea on how to do this? I have followed several procedures and none of them work. Windows 10 Pro RTM x64 V.2004 165692
  7. Adding an item to the new context menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding an item to the new context menu.: I am looking for a way to add a new item to the new context menu. The item in question is a .php file, with an associated template file. I've been tinkering around with the registry trying to get it to work, but nothing seems to be working. All the old methods no longer...
  8. VHD to new under context menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    VHD to new under context menu?: Does anyone know by regedit or otherwise if there is a way to make VHD appear under 'New' in the context menu so that essentially you would be able to right-click, hover over 'New', select VHD, and be launched straight into creation of a new VHD? Thanks! 135677
  9. New context menu - missing new excel worksheet?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    New context menu - missing new excel worksheet?: Hi, after upgrading to new version of office (from 2013 to 2016) i have no new excel worksheet in new(folder) of context menu. Could please somebody help me out on this? I followed Shaun s tutorial for removing and reinstating New context menu...
  10. New shortcut directly on context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    New shortcut directly on context menu: OK, it's on the New submenu. But I'd like to have it right on the main context menu, ready to click. Or maybe a separate shortcut for NewShortcut? 84207

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add xlsx to new context menu