Windows 10: Adding Family Account

Discus and support Adding Family Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi all I recently completed the upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 but found I could not log onto a family account I had made for my grandson. I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by KenBaynham, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Adding Family Account

Hi all

I recently completed the upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 but found I could not log onto a family account I had made for my grandson. I eventually decided to delete the account and create a new one. I successfully deleted the account but now when I try to create a new one I am informed the add family utility cannot be connected.

I have attached a screen shot to help clarify the problem.

Hope someone can help.

Best regards Ken.

:)

KenBaynham, Nov 27, 2015

2. Merging Family accounts

Hi,

It's great to keep your family accounts properly for the best experience, especially for family safety. We would suggest removing the existing family accounts to let the user accounts inside it to be added to the other family account. You may refer to this
    link
    Remove members from your Microsoft family
    for the steps in removing a user account in the family and

Add members to your Microsoft family
    for the steps in adding them to an existing family.

Do get back to us with the results and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Jomel_Santos, Nov 27, 2015
  3. Microsoft Family Features Blocking Google Chrome

Based on your screenshot it is possible that your account was added to a family. So that we can be sure, kindly visit this page, then check if it really was added to a family:

Microsoft Family
    . If your account was not added to a family, it is probable that some system files on your computer are corrupted, specifically the files in AppLocker which is a Windows platform security component. Kindly visit the page that we have provided,
    then inform us with the results.

We'll patiently wait for your response.

Joshua Her1, Nov 27, 2015
  4. Adding Family Account

Hi again

I note no replies. Have I done something wrong?

KenBaynham, Dec 2, 2015
  5. Camera Win User
    Are you logged in with a Microsoft account or Local account? If local try the Microsoft option.

Dave

Camera, Dec 2, 2015
  6. Thanks for reply Dave. I simply log in at the top of the page i.e. Username and password.

Is their another way?

KenBaynham, Dec 2, 2015
  7. Camera Win User
    If you go to the "Your Email and accounts" tab shown at the top of your screenshot it will show how you are currently logged in. Either "Local Account" or Microsoft Account".
    Dave

Camera, Dec 2, 2015
  8. Adding Family Account

That did the trick Dave . Many Thanks.

KenBaynham, Dec 3, 2015
  9. Camera Win User
    You're welcome. Glad you got it sorted.
    Dave

Camera, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Adding Family Account

1. Adding Family Account - Similar Threads - Adding Family Account

2. family adding not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family adding not working: In the Microsoft store app it asked for consent to the account but when the name and the password is filled in it says the following:its not you, its us. And the only option is cancel any help? We have tried several methods such as from the app and from the computer that...
  3. family adding not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    family adding not working: In the Microsoft store app it asked for consent to the account but when the name and the password is filled in it says the following:its not you, its us. And the only option is cancel any help? We have tried several methods such as from the app and from the computer that...
  4. family adding not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Adding money to family member's microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding money to family member's microsoft account: Hi,Getting error while "Add money to your family member's Microsoft account" - Contact us at Microsoft supportWe’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Get more infoContact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your...
  6. Adding money to family member's microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding money to family member's microsoft account: Hi,Getting error while "Add money to your family member's Microsoft account" - Contact us at Microsoft supportWe’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Get more infoContact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your...
  7. Adding PC to Family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding PC to Family account: Trying to add my son's device so we can play MineCraft on his PC. I paid for the game using my [Family] account Admin , but can not install on his PC. I've created an MS account for him, and can see him in my family group. I just can not see his PC/device to allow the...
  8. Adding a Family Member

Adding a Family Member: I'm attempting to add my daughter a child as a Family Member - she has a Microsoft account. I have successfully sent the invitation but when we open the email invite and click on 'Join' it informs us that she already belongs to a family group. When I sign on to her Microsoft...
  9. Microsoft Family Adding Money to Child Account

Microsoft Family Adding Money to Child Account: I have searched thru the instructions as to how to add money to child account and as everyone else, got the same issue. Not a currency issue, I have tried multiple times and never succeeded once. Has anyone been successful in doing this?...
  10. Adding a family member

Adding a family member: I have added my child to our family account but she does not appear as an option when I initially log into the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-family-member/3f3aedc2-b015-455c-a31f-c98e5c20f87f"