Windows 10: Adding Media to Groove Music and Movies and TV Apps

Discus and support Adding Media to Groove Music and Movies and TV Apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have all my media, music and movies sitting on a ReadyNAS 516 and have the shares mapped to Win 10 just fine. I can access all my media from the OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by guyp2k, Aug 10, 2015.

1. guyp2k Win User

Adding Media to Groove Music and Movies and TV Apps

I have all my media, music and movies sitting on a ReadyNAS 516 and have the shares mapped to Win 10 just fine. I can access all my media from the OS and other applications just fine. The issue is when I add "where to look" from both Groove Music and Movies and TV app, they never pick up my media and add to the available media for playback.

Very frustrating, any suggestions?

Thanks

:)

guyp2k, Aug 10, 2015
  2. mlg63 Win User

Can not run Movies & TV app

Movies and TV app is not for playing music or music videos. Use Groove Music for music. Movies and tv app is for selling you movies and tv shows. The only videos it can show is your homemade ones. You need a 3rd party program for videos in win 10. W10
    Media Player cannot play videos.

mlg63, Aug 10, 2015
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    win 10 media player

Media Player is still there but sort of outdated - replaced by apps in your start menu, Photo's, Groove Music, and the 'Movies & TV' apps mostly.

Media player ... start menu, and scroll down to 'Windows Media Player.

'Mike P, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Adding Media to Groove Music and Movies and TV Apps

paulsalter, Aug 10, 2015
  5. guyp2k Win User
    Are you kidding me? Why in the world would MS code a media app that can't access media from network locations?

guyp2k, Aug 10, 2015
  6. That I don't know, if the network location is an MS machine it will work, if not it wont

Its been the same since 8 came out

best bet is use the Feedback app and look for others that have asked for it, and say I want this also

paulsalter, Aug 10, 2015
  7. It should work. I just added my synology and it began to index 'em and the albums showed up.

Adding Media to Groove Music and Movies and TV Apps [​IMG]

Not impressed tho', seems very basic and slow although I do have 100+ GB on the NAS.

I reinstalled Kodi and the difference was like night and day. Kodi | Open Source Home Theater Software

Torquemada, Aug 10, 2015
  8. Adding Media to Groove Music and Movies and TV Apps

are they still there after you restart the app/your machine?

paulsalter, Aug 10, 2015
  9. I'll let you know Paul , its still chugging 'em down. If it doesn't save 'em it's bloody awful on Microsofts part. Kodi is 100 times the app this Groove thing is. Off shopping, I'll report back.

Torquemada, Aug 10, 2015
  10. guyp2k Win User
    Maybe it is the way I have my media mapped...for examp \\ip_address\media\music and then \\ip_address\media\movies.

I will test with just \\name\media\music and report back...

guyp2k, Aug 10, 2015
  11. from what I have read, this is where it goes wrong
    windows cannot index a non ms share, so it looks ok to start with, but then you end up with nothing

look forward to your result, I would like to be proved wrong *Smile

paulsalter, Aug 10, 2015
  12. guyp2k Win User
    Not the end of the world, thank god for Plex, JRiver Media Center, and KODI.

guyp2k, Aug 10, 2015
  13. Adding Media to Groove Music and Movies and TV Apps

I do similar

recently moved to J River for my audio, it is a fantastic program

paulsalter, Aug 10, 2015
  14. I apologise wholeheartedly for doubting you Paul. What a piece of crap. The other night I thought I'd give it a whirl, not my cup of tea really, far too minimalist for my liking.
    When I started it today I thought it was just catching up on its indexing from the other night, instead it had started from scratch.
    Got to love Kodi.

Adding Media to Groove Music and Movies and TV Apps [​IMG]

Torquemada, Aug 10, 2015
  15. no need to apologise, I haven't tried it in 10, but from what I have seen it works the same as 8 did

thanks for confirmation that it still works the same as 8 *Smile or should that be *Sad cause it works the same

paulsalter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Adding Media to Groove Music and Movies and TV Apps

1. Adding Media to Groove Music and Movies and TV Apps - Similar Threads - Adding Media Groove

2. Groove music, photos and movies and TV. It does not work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Groove music, photos and movies and TV. It does not work: Hi. Groove Music, Photos and Movies & TV don't work on my Windows 10 Pro view. 20H2. I don't know what happens, this error appears when I try to open a video or a photo or even an MP3 file. Tried the troubleshooter but it didn't fix anything. Is there any way to fix this...
  3. Groove music, photos and movies and TV. It does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Groove music, photos and movies and TV. It does not work: Hi. Groove Music, Photos and Movies & TV don't work on my Windows 10 Pro view. 20H2. I don't know what happens, this error appears when I try to open a video or a photo or even an MP3 file. Tried the troubleshooter but it didn't fix anything. Is there any way to fix this...
  4. Groove music, photos and movies and TV. It does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Groove music, Photos and Movies & TV. Not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Groove music, Photos and Movies & TV. Not working: Hi. Groove music, Photos and Movies & TV Are not working on my Windows 10 Pro I don't know what's wrong, I'm getting this error when i try to open a video or photo or even MP3 file [ATTACH] Is there is a way i can fix this? I tried troubleshooter but it fixed nothing....
  6. Movies & tv, groove music and windows media player fail to play and show error

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Movies & tv, groove music and windows media player fail to play and show error: Trying to open any video or song on my pc with Groove music or Movies & tv gives me a "Can't play" error with the error code 0x8007060e. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling them as other threds suggessted but that didn't change anything. I can watch them with VLC...
  7. Error 0xc00d4e86 in Xbox Music, Movies & TV, Groove Music, WMP apps

in Windows 10 News
    Error 0xc00d4e86 in Xbox Music, Movies & TV, Groove Music, WMP apps: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In today’s post, we will examine the cause and then provide the remediation to the error 0xc00d4e86 you might encounter with Windows 10 native media like Xbox Music, Windows Media Player, Groove Music, or Movies & TV apps when you [...] This post Error...
  8. MUSIC, MOVIES, TV

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MUSIC, MOVIES, TV: In Windows Media Player (Yeah, I'm old-school and I like it!), how does one paste new album art on an album file? Also, is there any useful online source for WMP help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/music-movies-tv/b85a7b7b-005d-48ec-ad83-df444940fa3e"
  9. Don't Open Media File in Groove Music and Movies & TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Don't Open Media File in Groove Music and Movies & TV: Hello everyone! After I installed Windows 10, I can not hear music by Groove Music software, Windows Media Player and video Movies & TV software. If I open the song by Groove Music by double-click the song, then get the error as shown below If I open the video using...
  10. Microsoft updates Movies & TV and Groove Music apps on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft updates Movies & TV and Groove Music apps on Windows 10: With its launch of Windows 10, Microsoft also took the opportunity to rebrand its Xbox entertainment apps on the new OS. Xbox Music was relaunched as 'Groove', while Xbox Video became 'Movies & TV' (or 'Film & TV' in some markets). Now, a couple of weeks after the OS began...