Windows 10: Adding message receipients to Outlook 2016 contacts

Discus and support Adding message receipients to Outlook 2016 contacts in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello: Does anyone know if there is a way to automatically, by default, add the people I send e-mails to using Outlook 2016 into the contacts list?... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Elizabeth, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Elizabeth Win User

Adding message receipients to Outlook 2016 contacts

Hello:

Does anyone know if there is a way to automatically, by default, add the people I send e-mails to using Outlook 2016 into the contacts list? I know that some other e-mail clients have a way to do this, but I have not discovered it yet in Outlook 2016.

Thanks

:)

Elizabeth, Feb 21, 2017

2. 6233 How to set default receipient for SMS

I bought Nokia 6233 because my previous Nokia phones allow me to set a default receipient so that whenever I create an SMS message to my most frequent receipient, I do not need to go through the trouble of adding the contacts.

I hope this is possible with Nokia 6233. Please advise!

andie---01, Feb 21, 2017
  3. jk4u59 Win User
    6233 How to set default receipient for SMS

Yes you can: when creating a new SMS, Nokia 6233 prompts you on the last used addresses, then on the whole contacts' list.

Have fun!

jk4u59, Feb 21, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

Here's one way to add mail recipients to contacts in Outlook 2016:

1.) Select Sent Items folder in Navigation pane

2.) Select an email you have sent

3.) In message pane, mouse over the recipient (bring pointer on top of name / email) to open options prompt, click the downwards arrowhead bottom right to open Contact card:

Adding message receipients to Outlook 2016 contacts [​IMG]

Notice that at least my Outlook 2016 is a bit sensitive, sometimes mouse over is enough, sometimes I have to click the recipient to open the prompt

4.) Click Add:

5.) Fill in contact details, click Save:

5. Elizabeth Win User
    I appreciate your reply, Kari, but what I am looking for is a way to automatically add every new To: and CC: email address to the contacts list every time that I send a message, without me having to take any other action other than simply send. This capability exists in a number of other e-mail clients that I have used over the years. I would be surprised if did not exist in Outlook 2016.

Elizabeth, Feb 21, 2017
  6. Kari Win User
    Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Adding message receipients to Outlook 2016 contacts - Similar Threads - Adding message receipients

2. Problems adding Outlook People contact photo

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Problems adding Outlook People contact photo: Good morning, When surfing to h t t p s : / / o u t l o o k . l i v e . c o m / p e o p l e / 0 / I can edit a contact , click the little photo camera , upload a photo , see the photo , click apply , click done . . . . . and nothing is there. [ATTACH] Did try to find a...
  3. Problems adding Outlook People contact photo

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems adding Outlook People contact photo: Good morning, When surfing to h t t p s : / / o u t l o o k . l i v e . c o m / p e o p l e / 0 / I can edit a contact , click the little photo camera , upload a photo , see the photo , click apply , click done . . . . . and nothing is there. [ATTACH] Did try to find a...
  4. Unknown message stuck in Outlook 2016 outbox

in Browsers and Email
    Unknown message stuck in Outlook 2016 outbox: The last two days I've noticed when I start Outlook (I have Office 365) it tries to send a message but fails and error code 0x800CCC0F is generated (see screen shots). If I send an e-mail, the e-mail is sent but whatever is stuck also tries to send. Not sure how to correct...
  5. Outlook 2016 - 365 - Not displaying private contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 - 365 - Not displaying private contacts: Hello - Just bought a new computer with Windows 10 and Office 365. Have had great difficulty setting up Outlook email. Had to switch to a POP3 email account in order to recoup my category capability. And now, I can't figure out how to display my PRIVATE contacts. None of...
  6. Outlook 2016 to Windows Phone --Can't sync contacts and calendar

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 to Windows Phone --Can't sync contacts and calendar: A widespread problem? My Outlook 2016 Mail is performing normally in Windows 10 and syncing mail with my phone. However...I cannot sync my calendar or contacts into my Lumia 735. I get hints (nothing specific) from online searching that since my service provider (Time Warner)...
  7. Contacts missing in outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Contacts missing in outlook 2016: I upgraded office 2007 to office 2016 professional. Everything was OK yesterday. But today I noticed that all my contacts in outlook are missing. They changed the file outlook.pst to “my L: name@woh.rr.com.ost. I put in my old outlook.pst that I have saved but it ignores it...
  8. Lost Outlook 2016 Contacts during Windows 10 upgrade

in Browsers and Email
    Lost Outlook 2016 Contacts during Windows 10 upgrade: During my initial Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro upgrade, I lost my Outlook 2016 contacts. They are backed up on iCloud (on the same Win 10 desktop) from my iPhone, but I don't know how to copy them to the Outlook 2016 contacts file. Can anyone help? 65474
  9. Outlook 2016 contacts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 contacts: I am having a bit of a mare with outlook. I have my main POP3 email address plus a Hotmail acc (lesser used) setup in it. Obviously my POP3 is my main default acc I always use. But when I go to my contacts list (setup in business card display) it always defaults to my Hotmail...
  10. Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file: How to: Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file How to Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file Outlook 2016 lets you focus on whats important with a clear view of email, calendars, and contacts. You can export your email,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. https://outlook.live.com/mail/0/sentitems