Windows 10: Adding Messenger plus to Skype

Discus and support Adding Messenger plus to Skype in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; back in the olden days we used WLM with plus to send custom sounds to each other on contacts list it was fun and miss those days however i read that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by encom45, Feb 15, 2018.

1. encom45 Win User

Adding Messenger plus to Skype

back in the olden days we used WLM with plus to send custom sounds to each other on contacts list it was fun and miss those days however i read that latest SKype on Windows 10 has messenger plus for it? i can not seem to install it correctly is there a legit version of PLUS+ to use with Skype latest or do i have to go back to Windows 7 and use it.*Huh

:)

encom45, Feb 15, 2018

2. deleting a Microsoft messaging Contact

I got it... Some kind of...

on both my phone and computers all messenger and skype apps and programs were already deleted so only online data could still exist.

first I turned off my phone so no data could or would be synced.

I started my browser on my laptop and logged into my live / one drive / mail / office account. Somewhere hidden in settings I managed to find linked apps, where I found both skype and ms messenger where linked.

In my phone I added the phone number and other info to the contacts I want to keep as double info for the skype and messenger contacts. This is not linked to messenger but to my contacts app on the phone/direct account.

I logged into skype web and removed my profile in settings.

went I back to the live account and then I managed to unlink the messenger account data and skype data.

finally turned on my phone again and there was no data regarding to messenger any more!

When I went back to my live profile the skype was linked again. After login on the skype web page it was a fresh account without any data or contacts. I guess this has to do with the way Windows 10 works on my / a phone... Contacts in my phone and the earlier
    added data still exist in my live account.

For me this is the solution.

Mr. Mxjzptlk, Feb 15, 2018
  3. xJustin Win User
    How can I add a Live Messenger friend on my WP8 device?

From what I am seeing as of now, there is no longer a way to invite a Messenger contact from the People hub on Outlook.com, or anywhere else. I believe Messenger is being phased out altogether with the previous Messenger contacts grandfathered into the Skype
    apps (phone, desktop, Windows 8). Messenger capability still exists through the messaging portion of Outlook.com, as well as via the Skype apps. And for WP7 and WP8, it's still an integrated part of the Messaging app.

Hopefully Skype will be integrated into the Messaging app on WP8 and/or its IM functionality will enhance via the Skype app...or both, like is the case with Facebook chat.

I just don't see any options of adding Messenger contacts, though, so your friend won't be able to do that. However, there are a few really good third party IM messaging apps for WP7 and WP8 that include Skype and several other IM messengers...maybe even
    Windows Live Messenger. Do a search through the Windows Phone Store online or on your phone to see them. I'd be glad to make a suggestion or two on which ones to go with.

xJustin, Feb 15, 2018
  4. Edwin New Member

I've not heard of MessengerPlus for Skype on Windows 10.

You can, however, drag pretty much any type of file into the Send box on Skype - 1,

and/or manually add emoticons/Mojis, images, files and even record video messages - 2:

Adding Messenger plus to Skype [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 15, 2018
  5. encom45 Win User
    ok the files i have are Mp3 i guess i have to convert to wav file i want it to play automatically on the receiving end of the other user.

encom45, Feb 16, 2018
  6. Edwin New Member
    Nope! mp3's, wav files, mp4's, doesn't matter; just drop 'em in the Send box.

Edwin, Feb 16, 2018
  7. encom45 Win User
    right but i want them to play automatically on the receiving end without right click and download like the way Custom emoticom sounds worked on WLM plus

encom45, Feb 17, 2018
  8. Edwin New Member

Ah! That's different. For media, the recipient has to at least click on the post...

Edwin, Feb 17, 2018
  9. encom45 Win User
    yea thats not what im looking for ugh so annoying

encom45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Adding Messenger plus to Skype - Similar Threads - Adding Messenger plus

2. Messenger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messenger: I just received a new computer with Win 11. After setting it up I'm experiencing changes that I am not very fond of. Here's one.I have Facebook and Messenger for my wife and myself. Now, when someone uses Messenger to call my wife, I get an on-screen pop-up that someone is...
  3. Messenger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messenger: Can I run Messenger on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messenger/db665fbe-0a96-468b-9e6e-e663dac826f8
  4. Messenger

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Messenger: Can I run Messenger on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messenger/db665fbe-0a96-468b-9e6e-e663dac826f8
  5. Stop adding Skype Call to my Calendar meetings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop adding Skype Call to my Calendar meetings: Does anyone know how to stop the Windows Calendar app from automatically adding Skype to every meeting I create? Every time I set up a new meeting, as soon as I add an invitee, Calendar turns on the Skype Call option. This causes massive confusion for the invitees if I forgot...
  6. Can turn off spellcheck in some apps (Skype and Facebook Messenger)

in Windows 10 Support
    Can turn off spellcheck in some apps (Skype and Facebook Messenger): I've tried all found methods to get rid of spellchecker, but none of them work *Sad Spellcheck is highlighting all the words that I'm typing in Skype and Facebook messenger apps. So far I've tried these things that I've googled for the last 5 hours: 1. Devices - Typing -...
  7. Can turn off spellcheck on some apps Skype and Facebook Messenger

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can turn off spellcheck on some apps Skype and Facebook Messenger: I've tried all found methods to get rid of spellchecker, but none of them work : Spellcheck is highlighting all the words that I'm typing in Skype and Facebook messenger apps. So far I've tried these things that I've googled for the last 5 hours: 1. Devices - Typing -...
  8. messenger

messenger: messenger videos no longer play on windows10 pc using messenger AP (works if I access through Firefox) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messenger/7269a9b0-485c-403b-b75c-872a6fbd6590
  9. Adding Folders to Mail, no plus sign

Adding Folders to Mail, no plus sign: I have Windows 10 operating system and am using Microsoft Mail. I am wanting to add a folder to save certain messages. I follow directions to add folder and under MORE no plus sign shows. I checked and under Microsoft Store, all updates have been done. Ideas?...
  10. My camera works in Messenger but not in Skype.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My camera works in Messenger but not in Skype.: My camera works in Messenger but not in Skype. Everything was working but a web app tried to use my camera to take a snapshot and since then the Skype webcam stopped working. Further info: Firefox V66.03 doesn't allow webcam access since the last few updates. Google...