Windows 10: Adding more color options

Discus and support Adding more color options in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 is great but one thing I miss from my old Vista system is the variety of colors you got in creating your theme and background. The 24... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tindomerel, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Adding more color options

Windows 10 is great but one thing I miss from my old Vista system is the variety of colors you got in creating your theme and background. The 24 background colors we are given are not all I want. I must admit that I don't know how to work with the color and theme options to their fullest advantage in this new system and Windows 10 Support hasn't gotten around to creating a decent tutorial about it yet. Suppose I want to make my background color a pale pink; I've worked with the color mixer but I can't get to that shade no matter how I manipulate the three sliders. Then I don't know how to get the custom color to be one of the background choices. Is it possible to mix two colors together to get a third? I would appreciate any help as per other programs available to get more variety into the color palettes.

If there is no way to do this, how can I effectively make my voice heard to Microsoft to advocate for a change on this issue?

Thank you.

Judy

:)

Tindomerel, Apr 25, 2016

2. N8 PR1.1Colour Screensaver

Instead of fixing the gradient issues they are adding more color issues.

cooldudsubho, Apr 25, 2016
  3. Display settings - personalizing Windows dialog box

When I installed Windows 10, I found that the dialog boxes are bordered in white, such as the File Explorer. With more than one box open, I can't tell one box from another - white on white, against a white background! I can find no options for change under
    Personalization or Display to adjust the colors (adding gray or light blue or whatever), only for font color changes. Is there an option somewhere to revert to "classic" display?

br455work5, Apr 25, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Adding more color options

dalchina, Apr 25, 2016
  5. So far, I have received no answers to any of my posts. I would appreciate the courtesy of a reply. All I want to know is how to add a custom color to Accent colors. The recommended ways that Windows gives (control color and the sliders) do not give me the colors I want. I have tried to edit the registry according to the instructions of some of the websites out there but no luck. Is there a place that Windows 10 stores colors and can you add a custom color in there? Under what extension (such as .doc or .exe, are the colors stored?

Tindomerel, Jun 12, 2016
  6. noclue Win User
    No one answered mine, either, Tindomerel. I may have put it in the wrong place, but it was about adding colors as well. I guess that's not considered important?

noclue, Jun 13, 2016
  7. SonicBlue Win User
    You can add up to eight colors if I remember correctly using Winaerotweaker in the custom accents tab.

SonicBlue, Jun 13, 2016
  8. noclue Win User

Thanks, Sonic Blue. I read that winareo tweaker was a possible source of viruses? And is this the only way to get color on two browsers? I'm not very techie, as indicated by my user name.

noclue, Jun 13, 2016
  9. SonicBlue Win User
    not sure what you want. Some browsers like chrome do not default to system colors. I don't recommend high contrast anymore since all the updates have altered there affects.
    Mostly now I just turn off the Automatically pick accent color in Settings/Personalization/Colors and add this sub context menu to the right click context menu. 'Personalize (classic)' context menu - Add in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums[1]=Context%20Menu

SonicBlue, Jun 13, 2016
  10. noclue Win User
    I use both IE and Edge. I have color in IE, but am not allowed to add it to Edge. I do need a darker background to see the icons as I have vision problems.

noclue, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Adding more color options - Similar Threads - Adding more color

2. no color option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no color option: 2 computers connected to network. On the printer Quality selection HP Pavillion has no color option while Lenovo does We need to be able to use color from the HPDon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-color-option/450b1a7d-0156-4054-ac3c-21282c8a65d7
  3. no color option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no color option: 2 computers connected to network. On the printer Quality selection HP Pavillion has no color option while Lenovo does We need to be able to use color from the HPDon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-color-option/450b1a7d-0156-4054-ac3c-21282c8a65d7
  4. Adding sign-in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding sign-in options: Hello. I had removed the pin option to sign in a while back and because of that my fingerprint sign-in has been removed, and the password is the only way to sign in. However, I cannot add more fingerprints add/change pins and passwords in the "sign-in options" in settings....
  5. Adding sign-in options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding sign-in options: Hello. I had removed the pin option to sign in a while back and because of that my fingerprint sign-in has been removed, and the password is the only way to sign in. However, I cannot add more fingerprints add/change pins and passwords in the "sign-in options" in settings....
  6. Solution: No color option after adding HP OfficeJet 3830 to new computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Solution: No color option after adding HP OfficeJet 3830 to new computer: I located a solution to the problem No color option after adding HP OfficeJet 3830 to new computer. It was buried in the HP Support Community in a post by KevinNeedsHelp. When I added my HP OfficeJet 3830 printer to a new computer, there was no color option showing in Printer...
  7. Adding more space to Sandbox

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding more space to Sandbox: I tried Sandbox in the new update and I wanted to install programs I got by default 39 GB on C in the sandbox but I'm wondering if I can add more space to it since I have a 1TB drive in my pc...
  8. Google adding more options to right click context menu in Gmail

in Windows 10 News
    Google adding more options to right click context menu in Gmail: What’s changing We’re adding more options to the right-click context menu in Gmail. [ATTACH] New menu options in Gmail with conversation mode on [ATTACH] New menu options in Gmail with conversation mode off[ Who’s impacted All end users Why you’d use it With...
  9. Adding more "Ram" ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding more "Ram" ?: I noticed that my laptop could handle a little more "Ram" so i ran the Crucial info tool and the screenshot shows what options i have . I have an Asus U56e laptop which i believe came with 6 gigs of Ram , would going this route improve speed even by a small amount ?...
  10. no more color

in Windows 10 Support
    no more color: hello I hope this is the right spot for this? i have a coffie table with a cord less (keyboard and mouse). well the dam cat jumped up and layed on the keyboard and now i have no more color. i have win 8.1 on the same laptop and its fine. can someone please help ........