Windows 10: Adding multiple users on a windows 10 pro via a domain

Discus and support Adding multiple users on a windows 10 pro via a domain in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, We are looking to have various windows 10 pro machines shared by various users via a domain. What we want to do is have multiple users accounts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mark Duffy, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Adding multiple users on a windows 10 pro via a domain

Hi,

We are looking to have various windows 10 pro machines shared by various users via a domain. What we want to do is have multiple users accounts on one machine via a domain. So for instance, when you add another local user to the machine via settings>accounts>other people>work or school users. We want to do this but add the users via a domain. We want to have the domain accounts pulled down form the server so each user has there own desktop access to files and folders etc.

When an account name is clicked, it will show all of the other accounts on the machine and the user can select their own account with there own desktop via domain.

Adding multiple users on a windows 10 pro via a domain 0dd619fa-9309-4ad3-a341-7ccab662063f?upload=true.jpg

Hope this makes sense? Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Mark Duffy, Jul 5, 2018

2. Adding multiple users on a windows 10 pro via a domain

Hi,

We are looking to have various windows 10 pro machines shared by various users via a domain. What we want to do is have multiple users accounts on one machine via a domain. So for instance, when you add another local user to the machine via settings>accounts>other
    people>work or school users. We want to do this but add the users via a domain. We want to have the domain accounts pulled down form the server so each user has there own desktop access to files and folders etc.

When an account name is clicked, it will show all of the other accounts on the machine and the user can select their own account with there own desktop via domain.

Adding multiple users on a windows 10 pro via a domain 0dd619fa-9309-4ad3-a341-7ccab662063f?upload=true.jpg

Hope this makes sense? Any help would be appreciated.

Mark Duffy (mark-duffy.ca), Oct 29, 2018
  3. RobJM# Win User
    User Name or Password Incorrect When Trying to Log In as Domain User

I've tried searching repeatedly for an answer to this problem but I seem to be getting nowhere.

My client purchased a desktop PC with Windows 10 Home edition installed. I upgraded the machine to Windows 10 Pro. I added a Microsoft account to the machine.

I logged in using this account and added the machine to the domain (Windows Server 8). When prompted to enter a domain user account, I used my Administrator account. The machine was added fine. I can see it in the list of devices on the server.

Now when I try to log in to the machine as a domain user or the domain administrator, I get an error. Here are my steps at the login screen:

1. Click on Other user (Note that "Sign in to: <DOMAIN>" is displayed)

2. Enter user name (I've also tried DOMAIN\User and *** Email address is removed for privacy ***)

3. Enter password.

4. Click on arrow.

5. Message displayed is "The user name or password is incorrect. Try again."

I've tried multiple domain accounts and verified their passwords. It seems that only the local/Microsoft account will let me into the PC.

RobJM#, Oct 29, 2018
  4. Adding multiple users on a windows 10 pro via a domain

Windows 10Pro unable to login 2008 domain from domain user after upgrade

• I upgraded our Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 and it's done successfully
    • When I log in with domain Administrator account and it works fine
    • But when I tried to log in with existing domain user or new domain user after entering the password the welcome screen shows then sign out immediately

• Windows 10 Pro is activated by digital license
    • Windows 10Pro inbuilt antivirus only
    • Windows 2008 R2 Domain controller -- Forest and domain set as 2008 R2

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

Ayyanar Sithanandhan, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Adding multiple users on a windows 10 pro via a domain

1. Adding multiple users on a windows 10 pro via a domain - Similar Threads - Adding multiple users

2. Multiple users accessing there data from multiple machines via domain server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple users accessing there data from multiple machines via domain server: Disclaimer: I'm very new to server management Windows Server Manager 2019 so please bare with me any advice helps.So I work for a company that has a Physical Dell domain server. All computers Windows 10 Pro/users within the company are registered on that server. When someone...
  3. Multiple users accessing there data from multiple machines via domain server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple users accessing there data from multiple machines via domain server: Disclaimer: I'm very new to server management Windows Server Manager 2019 so please bare with me any advice helps.So I work for a company that has a Physical Dell domain server. All computers Windows 10 Pro/users within the company are registered on that server. When someone...
  4. Adding Domain User as Local Admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Domain User as Local Admin: Hi there, We are trying to set up the computer of one of our remote employees in house and are running into the issue that every time a setting is changed or a program is installed, it is requiring an administrator password from our domain. We don't want this meaning having...
  5. Adding a user within a charity organisation and user on a domain?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding a user within a charity organisation and user on a domain?: I have started working for a charity as an IT volunteer. I have been given a laptop to use. It has 2 users available these being the OldUser and an admin account that just logs onto the PC but has full administrator rights. The charity is on an internal domain lets call it...
  6. Adding Multiple users to a PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Multiple users to a PC: When trying to add multiple users on 1 PC, we were limited to 3 users (Windows 10 Home version), Is this the case with all versions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-multiple-users-to-a-pc/360da7e5-e904-44f4-87fd-37b2030f2ad4
  7. How to Skip Account Creation Windows 10 Pro when will be added user to domain

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Skip Account Creation Windows 10 Pro when will be added user to domain: If installing a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro, it has an annoying wizard to add a local user, password and security questions. I do not want to add a "user" since it will be added to the domain and instead simply want to assign a local Administrator password like before. If...
  8. Issue with adding an user computer to domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with adding an user computer to domain: I have an issue with one computer in my domain and i removed that computer from domain. But, i wanted that computer to add back into domain. Now the issue is i am getting an error message saying DC can't be contacted. The error message is as follows. " Note: This...
  9. Windows 10 Pro will not see all users on Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro will not see all users on Domain: Hi, Running SBS 2011 with all Window 7 computers except for 2. One was a fresh install of Win10Pro x64 and the other was an upgrade from Win8.1 Both the PC's with Win10 (mine and my bosses) only see the same two users on the network (In this case 'Sally' and 'Michele'....
  10. Multiple Users in 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Users in 10 Pro: I have several 8.1 systems I want to upgrade to 10. A couple of them have multiple users in 8.1, Some standard accounts, some admin. I went ahead and upgraded a system that has only one account. all seems fine. However, as I I looking through I see 10 has a different way...