Windows 10: Adding new accounts to Windows Mail

Discus and support Adding new accounts to Windows Mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have added a gmail account to the Mail app but cannot add a Plusnet POP3 account in Settings/Accounts/Add account. In 'other accounts' I enter the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by oldie, Sep 11, 2015.

1. oldie Win User

Adding new accounts to Windows Mail

I have added a gmail account to the Mail app but cannot add a Plusnet POP3 account in Settings/Accounts/Add account. In 'other accounts' I enter the email address and password and get the message : 'We couldn't find info for that account. Make sure that the email address is correct then try again'.
    In Windows 7 I use Windows Live Mail which works perfectly well with both accounts. Can I export my accounts and contact info from Win Live Mail to the Win10 app? Live Mail works normally within Win10 but I would prefer to use Mail since it appears to have a more rapid response time.

:)

oldie, Sep 11, 2015
  2. hscheck Win User

Windows 10 Mail Choose an Account List

I added a Hotmail account to Windows 10 Mail. I then deleted this account through the accounts settings in Mail. The account was removed, but it now shows up as an account in the Choose an Account list when adding a new Mail account. The account can
    now be added with one click from the Choose an Account list without entering a password. This is not good. I do not want this account showing up on the Choose an Account list in Mail, especially now that it does not require a password to add the mail account.
    How do I remove it from the Choose an Account list?

hscheck, Sep 11, 2015
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    Adding new account to mail

Hi,

To resolve the issue, please click this
    link
    and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Sep 11, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

First, response time is only rapid because when using outlook or other supported email accounts, email notifications come instantly, while with POP3 accounts they still have to be polled on a timer. So, you will probably find that POP3 is just as slow with the mail app as it is with live mail.

Second, when you add a pop mail account, you typically have to scroll the list of types and it's not obvious and choose the advanced type.

Mystere, Sep 12, 2015
  5. oldie Win User
    Thank you for your reply.
    My main error was not scrolling the 'Add Account' page so I never saw the 'Advanced' option beneath the 'imap or POP3' choice. It was just what I was looking for!

My comment regarding the slow operation of Windows Live Mail was the time it took to actually appear after I clicked its shortcut - my gmail messages await me when I open Win 10 Mail.

One small problem - my new account doesn't sync at the moment so I cannot download messages.
    Error code 0x80004005. I'll research that!

oldie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Adding new accounts to Windows Mail - Similar Threads - Adding accounts Mail

2. Adding a second hotmail account to mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding a second hotmail account to mail: I have my primary hotmail account setup through Windows Mail for Windows 10 though when I try to add my secondary hotmail account to combine them into my inbox it just loads for hours saying creating account. I've tried different methods to add this account and have also...
  3. Windows Mail - Adding an imap account

Windows Mail - Adding an imap account: Hello, So, I want to link my work mail account to the desktop app and no matter what I always end up having a "Can't get mail" message below my account. Step by step, here's what I'm doing : Under Account, select Add Account In the popup, choose Advanced setup and then...
  4. adding a google account to my mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    adding a google account to my mail: I want to add a new google account to my email settings. It wont let me citing error 0x8007042b https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-google-account-to-my-mail/3cb988c4-38cc-4661-b345-fc8a6793c8be
  5. Adding an account to Windows Live Mail 2012

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding an account to Windows Live Mail 2012: I am trying to add my wife's gmail account to Windows Live Mail which I have used successfully with my own gmail account for a couple of year now. Although we have checked the settings a number of times it continually comes up with the error message "The server has rejected...
  6. Adding account to Windows Mail on refurbished PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adding account to Windows Mail on refurbished PC: I am unable to add my email account to Windows on the new, refurbished computer because the pop-ups shows up with error code 0x8000000b. Any ideas?...
  7. Adding gmail accounts to Microsoft mail

Adding gmail accounts to Microsoft mail: Hi, After updating to Win Pro 10 64 v.1809 build 17763.316 (from v. 1803), I could not sync with my gmail accounts anymore. I deleted them. I am now unable to add them back. I tried multiple solutions - including the one given in august 2018 on this forum - but I am still...
  8. Adding accounts to mail for windows 10

Adding accounts to mail for windows 10: Hi, I tried to add additional mail accounts (Settings>Manage accounts>Add accounts) but the pop-up doesn't show, and hence unable to proceed and add new accounts. Tried uninstalling and re-installing but it still didn't work. Is there another way to add the accounts? Thank...
  9. adding icloud mail account

adding icloud mail account: Hi there, I keep getting a message saying my icloud account details are out of date. I click on fix account and enter my current password only to have the message come up again. I went to my apple id page and generated an app specific password for windows 10 mail but...
  10. adding a mail account to mail and keeping it there

adding a mail account to mail and keeping it there: I have been using mail for some time. it has a number of accounts. recently my most used account (my every day one) disappeared. I reloaded it (its Hotmail) and used it. the next time I used it, it had gone again and now I have to add it as an account, then it disappears and...