Windows 10: Adding new fonts in Windows 10

Discus and support Adding new fonts in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a CD that has teacher fonts on it. I would like to add these fonts to Word, but the directions to do so only go as high as XP. How can I add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AmeeHerdzik, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Adding new fonts in Windows 10

I have a CD that has teacher fonts on it. I would like to add these fonts to Word, but the directions to do so only go as high as XP. How can I add these much needed fonts?

:)

AmeeHerdzik, Aug 18, 2018

2. Times new roman bold font

To further isolate the concern, we suggest that you restore default settings and check if it helps. See steps below:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click on Control
      Panel.
    • Change the View by to large/small
      icons, and then click on Fonts.
    • On the left pane, click on Font settings.
    • Under Font settings, click on Restore default font settings.

If restoring the default font settings does not bring back the Times New Roman Regular font, we suggest that if you have another computer with Windows 10, you can copy the Times New Roman Regular font into your PC's Font folder.

Patricia Yu, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Adding Fonts

Hi,

Windows comes with pre-installed fonts, however, you can install other stylish fonts that you wish to use in your Windows system. To be able to add new fonts to your Windows apps and Microsoft Office apps, follow these steps:

• Close all of the Windows apps and Microsoft Office apps.
    • Download .ttf files from a secured website that offers the fonts that you want to install on your Windows system.
    • Once the .ttf file is downloaded, right-click on it and then click Install.

After the installation process, you should be able to use the newly installed fonts in most of your Windows apps and Microsoft Office apps.

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Adding new fonts in Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

Adding new fonts in Windows 10

1. Adding new fonts in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Adding fonts

2. disabling ads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disabling ads: How do I disable ads? My subscription for this is currently up to date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-ads/0d49fddb-f94c-44af-bd4b-be02aff4702d
  3. GTA San Andreas Crash When Adding Weapons No Replace

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA San Andreas Crash When Adding Weapons No Replace: When I Try To Add Weapons Without Replacing The Game Crashes And I Really Want Those Mods Here Are The Mods I Tried To Install https://www.gtainside.com/en/sanandreas/mods/132931-gta-xtended-weapon-pack/...
  4. How do I stop sub folders being automatically added to my Windows 10 file history back up list?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I stop sub folders being automatically added to my Windows 10 file history back up list?: On the backup options page (Settings>Update & Security>Backup>More Options), there is a list of folders to include when performing a backup. For example, Pictures C:\Users\me backups all the folders in my pictures folder. This works well. However, all the new sub-folders in...
  5. Bug: Something went wrong, x has already been added to this PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bug: Something went wrong, x has already been added to this PC: This question was already placed before and the thread ended back in June 2019. There was never an answer. MU Muralidhar_G Microsoft Agent | Moderator Hi Ben, Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums. I suggest you to create a local account first....
  6. Microsoft Solitaire unplayable due to "blank" ads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Solitaire unplayable due to "blank" ads: Hi My problem is that every time I try to start a new game, I have an ad open with just a black screen, an something about "Hidden city" game down in the corner. I can not a close button or X up in the top right corner. It is just sitting there, not letting me move on....
  7. Error adding account to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error adding account to OneDrive: I had my business OneDrive account configured on a computer and then one day, the login timed out and it removed my account info instead of prompting me to login again. The account has two-factor authentication enabled. When I try and add the account again, I enter my work...
  8. BitLocker Recovery Key Stored in Azure AD not Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Recovery Key Stored in Azure AD not Microsoft Account: I have a personal Microsoft account, which I use to log into two machines, a desktop and a laptop. I own both machines. I also have an Office 365 account, and I am the admin of this for our company. I have two OneDrives, one personal, and one connected to Sharepoint on...
  9. adding new fonts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    adding new fonts: I want to add new fonts to the font folder in Windows 10. I have tried every available suggestion and none work. I have nothing in the folder other than preview show or hide. There is no place to download them. I have tried to download copy paste. Nothing works...nothing....
  10. Adding Fonts to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Fonts to Windows 10: I am trying to add a font to my computer, but it won't let me drag and drop the .ttf file into the Fonts Control setting. I've tried multiple .ttf files, so it's not just one bad one. I am attaching a pic of what shows up when I try to drag and drop. I recently got a new...