Windows 10: Adding Old File, Edit, Tools, etc. Menu to W10 Folders - Possible?

Discus and support Adding Old File, Edit, Tools, etc. Menu to W10 Folders - Possible? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was looking to see if there is a way to add the W7 File, Edit, Tools, Help, etc. Menus to W10 Folders. I searched but found nothing at all. Maybe I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gator5000e, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Adding Old File, Edit, Tools, etc. Menu to W10 Folders - Possible?

I was looking to see if there is a way to add the W7 File, Edit, Tools, Help, etc. Menus to W10 Folders. I searched but found nothing at all. Maybe I am not searching correctly or calling it the correct thing.

If not, is there any way to add commands to the Quick Access Toolbar in Folders? I see you can add some limited stuff like Redo, Rename, etc. But I would like to add some basic commands like copy and paste, etc. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks.

:)

Gator5000e, Sep 24, 2015

2. WINDOWS TEN SCREEN

This evening in photo"s --the W ten tools normally at the bottom of the screen -start---multi task-etc. etc. moved to the left side of the screen. Now when in Serif photo editing suite the W10 tools obliterate the File column and all the photo
    editing tools of my editing suite. So cannot "SAVE" NOR GET ACCESS TO THE TOOLS. How do I return the W10 tools to the base of the screen HELP.

KENNETHLAST, Sep 24, 2015
  3. Network connections menus (File Edit View Tools etc..) are missing

Hello Nick,

We would like to know more about the issue.

• When did the issue start?
    • What specific error message are you getting?
    • Are you signed in as the administrator?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the current version and build number of your Windows PC?
    To find out the version and build number of your Windows PC, click the
    Start
    button, type winver then press Enter. Also, it would be great if you can provide us a

screenshot
    of the issue.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Sep 24, 2015
  4. SoxmisUK Win User

Adding Old File, Edit, Tools, etc. Menu to W10 Folders - Possible?

SoxmisUK, Sep 24, 2015
  5. So I guess the answer is I can't add that stuff natively. Thanks, I will check it Classic Shell.

Gator5000e, Sep 24, 2015
  6. Here is one way to do it in Windows 10 using Classic Shell. See attached:

oldtraveler, Sep 24, 2015
  7. kenC Win User
    If you select a document and then click on Home you get options to Copy - Cut - Move - Delete, etc.

kenC, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Adding Old File, Edit, Tools, etc. Menu to W10 Folders - Possible?

1. Adding Old File, Edit, Tools, etc. Menu to W10 Folders - Possible? - Similar Threads - Adding Old File

2. Is it possible to change the color of the menu bar (File, Edit, etc.)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change the color of the menu bar (File, Edit, etc.): [ATTACH] I've been trying to find a way to change the color of the menu bar for applications (the bar that offers the File, Edit, Help, etc. options): https://preview.redd.it/xth0qjpqg1491.png?width=1229&format=png&auto=webp&s=776cb4f1d326e343b7ed51aea6db992ba72f8ead But...
  3. Folder and file editing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder and file editing: Hello, i need to make comments and notes on folders and files as shown on the uploaded pict[ATTACH]ure is there any way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-and-file-editing/dfce1afa-876a-4f2d-ad95-79912d000cc1
  4. Finding File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Finding File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, etc.: Recently got Windows 10 and don't see the usual bar with the features listed above. I've read about this issue in these forums, but the responses are several years old and don't help me. How do I get these valuable features that were so helpful in Windows 7? Would appreciate...
  5. File, edit, view etc. disappeared.

in Browsers and Email
    File, edit, view etc. disappeared.: I had a taskbar with the old suspects: file, edit, view, etc. on my Chrome and it has suddenly disappeared. Can anyone please help me get it back; it's very important to me. Thanks in advance. 127634
  6. File, edit, view etc. disappeared.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File, edit, view etc. disappeared.: I had a taskbar with the old suspects: file, edit, view, etc. on my Chrome and it has suddenly disappeared. Can anyone please help me get it back; it's very important to me. Thanks in advance. 127634
  7. Ad Free Solitaire etc Old W7 classic games still work on W10 !!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ad Free Solitaire etc Old W7 classic games still work on W10 !!!: Hi there For Solitaire /. Spider Solitaire / Hearts etc addicts who HATES the new subscription model a reminder here that the old Classic games supplied with W7 STILL work on W10. (At least the 64 bit version still does - I don't have any x86 machines so I can't try)....
  8. Tools, File, Edit, etc.. menu bar on my win 10 home page

in Browsers and Email
    Tools, File, Edit, etc.. menu bar on my win 10 home page: I have MSN set as my home page. Can I get it to open with the menu bar? 14609
  9. Upgrade W10 Edition with W7 key, possible?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade W10 Edition with W7 key, possible?: Hello, I was sure I would be able to use W7 Pro OEM key I have spare to upgrade my W10 Home to Pro (preinstalled OEM OA), but when I try to change product key in Settings> Updates> Activation, the W7 key is refused with 0x004f210 error. Did I misunderstood the process or is...
  10. file edit view etc

in Browsers and Email
    file edit view etc: Using Bing, can you get like file,edit, view? On internet exployer I got these by pressing Alt and right click at toolbars. thanks carol 21925