Windows 10: ADDING RECOVERY ENVIRONMENT TO SSD

Discus and support ADDING RECOVERY ENVIRONMENT TO SSD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; On last month I bought new Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2 2280 and I installed windows 10 enterprise using windows 5.0 PE , I didn't used windows 10 DVD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RAJU.MSC, Aug 13, 2018.

1. RAJU.MSC Win User

ADDING RECOVERY ENVIRONMENT TO SSD

On last month I bought new Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2 2280 and I installed windows 10 enterprise using windows 5.0 PE , I didn't used windows 10 DVD , instead I used install.wim and winre.wim after that all worked finely still yesterday night ,

Because I wanted my C drive should be free space , so I have deleted recovery partition R: size 2GB and then I merged unallocated space with C drive together.

now Samsung SSD with 3 partitions presently 260MB EFI partition , 16MB MSR partition , C drive OS partition 209GB and 23GB is fixed

Over-Provisioning partition , I never use 23GB in future , but without Recovery environment R: because yesterday night I deleted .

Now I want to add recovery environment , to ssd drive,

there are two methods are available

method 1

using EASY BCD editor software

method 2

using windows 10PE

I have already tested method 2 in others laptops and desktops rked correctly .

should I add all windows updates to winre.wim before applying image "winre.wim" to ssd or else apply base "winre.wim" ?

Which method is more suitable to the SSD Samsung ?

:)

RAJU.MSC, Aug 13, 2018

2. Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Aug 13, 2018
  3. stonebato Win User
    Can't find recovery environment windows 10

Hi guys, good day. I need your help regarding with reseting my laptop. I clone my OS from hdd to ssd using easeUS. after cloning I formatted my hdd since I'm confident that everything is ok. now I can't reset my laptop because of this error. I had tried these steps below but it's not working.
    diskpart
    select disk 0
    list partition
    select partition
    set id

your help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
    ADDING RECOVERY ENVIRONMENT TO  SSD [​IMG]

stonebato, Aug 13, 2018
  4. MCK
    mck Win User

System environment variable won't stick

Running Win10 Home on an Acer Spin 3, 64bit, i7cpu. I try to add a path to the system environment variables by:

1. Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced tab > Environment variables

2. The "Environment Variables" window opens.
    3. In the "System Variables" pane I select "Path" and click the EDIT button.
    4. A list of the current system paths is displayed.
    5. I click the NEW button, browse to the path I want to add which is "C:\Python36-32" and click OK. The path "C:\Python36-32" is added to the list of current system paths.
    6. I click OK and am returned to the "Environment Variables" window.
    7. I click the "X" at the top right to close the "Environment Variables" window.

Now if I click the "Environment Variables" button again (end of step-1) and repeat steps 2-4, the new path I added in step-5 is gone. IOW, adding a new path won't stick.

What am I doing wrong?

Thema:

1. ADDING RECOVERY ENVIRONMENT TO SSD - Similar Threads - ADDING RECOVERY ENVIRONMENT

2. Adding Windows Recovery Environment to pre-built pc os

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding Windows Recovery Environment to pre-built pc os: I recently made myself a new pc but to save the hassle I just swapped over the SSD's from my old PC and noticed I don't have Windows RE and I can't find a way to add it since I don't have an install disk/drive since it was a pre-built when I got it. Can I add Windows RE to my...
  3. Adding Windows Recovery Environment to pre-built pc os

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding Windows Recovery Environment to pre-built pc os: I recently made myself a new pc but to save the hassle I just swapped over the SSD's from my old PC and noticed I don't have Windows RE and I can't find a way to add it since I don't have an install disk/drive since it was a pre-built when I got it. Can I add Windows RE to my...
  4. Adding Windows Recovery Environment to pre-built pc os

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Recovery environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery environment: After converting the O/S disk from MBR to GPT and installing Windows 11, disk management lists two recovery partitions - one grayed out.What's the significance of this, if any? Can and should the grayed item be deleted? Or is all as expected......
  6. Recovery environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery environment: After converting the O/S disk from MBR to GPT and installing Windows 11, disk management lists two recovery partitions - one grayed out.What's the significance of this, if any? Can and should the grayed item be deleted? Or is all as expected......
  7. Custom Recovery Environment

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Custom Recovery Environment: I updated my Macrium and figured it had been a while since I created my recovery USB and it was recommending I did so after the latest update. Cool. It's been so long since I initially created it that it turns out I forgot I got the image from elsewhere and I wasn't...
  8. SSD new recovery part added

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD new recovery part added: Greetings One day I noticed that my poor system ssd of 112GB has two parts. The new part is Recovery of 850MB including the folder WindowsRE that has 3 files inside: boot.sdi 3MB. Winre.wim 390MB, ReAgent.xml 1K. Does anyone know what caused it? is it part of some windows...
  9. recovery environment?

in Windows 10 Support
    recovery environment?: Hi guys; what is "recovery environment" that comes up when booting win 10TP? 5334
  10. Windows Recovery Environment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Recovery Environment: @Saltgrass just not sure what setting some of the Reagentc entries to "0" actually did. Both Winre.wim and Reagent.xml are under: C:\Windows\System32\Recovery If contains all 0's. ReAgentc will search for the Recovery Partition identified by ID type...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is windows 10 adding a recovery partition on ssd