Windows 10: Adding Subtitle with Handbrake

Discus and support Adding Subtitle with Handbrake in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Recently downloaded some full movie (mp4), and found a Hebrew subtitle. Located both files in a folder, opened the subtitle with Notepad,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Motim, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Motim Win User

Adding Subtitle with Handbrake

Hello,
    Recently downloaded some full movie (mp4), and found a Hebrew subtitle. Located both files in a folder,
    opened the subtitle with Notepad, made some minor editing, saved it (encoding UTF-8) srt file,
    movie and subtitle same name.
    Played the movie in any player on the system, the subtitle rans perfect, no need to adjust timing.
    Then I loaded the movie in "HandBrake (0.10.5.0 - 32bit)", imported the subtitle, selected Hebrew and
    utf-8, made a small preview file - subtitle was not added.
    Note, I used the same procedure several times ago with other movies - results were good.
    Do not know what happened, I would ask for some help please.
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Oct 8, 2016
  2. zebarnabe Win User

5800XM V40.0.005 bugs and issues

I use Handbrake (free video encoding aplication) with a 5800 profile i created, while subtitle support is weak, all videos work perfectly at full resolution and 25fps...

Last time i checked conversion via nokia suite would make a really bad quality video (when compared with a recorded video from your phone camera for example), i think this was because video conversion was for 320x240 phones and using 3gpp... Since handbrake
    encodes to mp4 with mpeg4 and acc, could be that 3gpp in phone decoder got broken or something.

zebarnabe, Oct 8, 2016
  3. Subtitle support in Xbox Video for Windows Phone 8.1

Hi, as of the update to 2.6.315.0, I have managed to get subtitles to show. I encoded my videos using Handbrake into a .mp4 files using the H.264 encoding (so standard mp4). I then took the .srt file, made sure that it had the exact same name (the only difference
    was that it had the ending .srt instead of .mp4) and put both the video and the srt file in the Videos directory on my phone (the Lumia 930). I then restarted the app for good measure (not sure if that is necessary), started playing the video, tapped the cog
    to access the settings menu, tapped Subtitles and then selected Track 1, hit back twice and the subtitles were being shown.

MKStephenson, Oct 8, 2016
Thema:

Adding Subtitle with Handbrake

1. Adding Subtitle with Handbrake - Similar Threads - Adding Subtitle Handbrake

2. Subtitles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subtitles: I just want to change the way Windows display subtitles here are two types of subtitles I want as the first one not like the second.Please anyone let me know how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/subtitles/cb8a93c1-24f8-4931-87f6-fce159b59906
  3. Subtitles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Subtitles: I just want to change the way Windows display subtitles here are two types of subtitles I want as the first one not like the second.Please anyone let me know how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/subtitles/cb8a93c1-24f8-4931-87f6-fce159b59906
  4. Looking for a Handbrake alternative

Looking for a Handbrake alternative: Hi I am looking for a more robust trans coder than Handbrake for Windows 10 version 2004 x64, I don't mind if is payware Thank you very much in advance jedi I don't have idea where to start with this result, they are suggesting the "best" Handbrake alternative, usually I...
  5. Add Subtitle with HandBrake

Add Subtitle with HandBrake: Hello,If somebody is familiar with "HandBrake" program, here is my question:I use "HandBrake" for a long time to add subtitle to a movie file.Recently started the program, loaded a movie file (mp4), 1hr. 42min.Imported the subtitle file (srt), set everything as I did always,...
  6. Subtitles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Subtitles: I have a fairly new Acer Predator Helios 300. Tried to watch movies for the first time today and can't get any video player to display subtitles. I'm sure I'm missing a setting somewhere but have never had this problem before. Any suggestions would be great....
  7. Adding external subtitles to Windows DVD Player v10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding external subtitles to Windows DVD Player v10: Why can't Microsoft, a world famous company, do a simple thing like allow users to add external subtitles to their PAID DVD Player App? They appear to have successfully killed off the Windows DVD player market just at the time when users from around the world want to see...
  8. Video - Adding subtitle to a movie

Video - Adding subtitle to a movie: Hello, I am trying to add subtitle to a movie (mp4 format), seaching the net found some, each one has to be installed first. One of my tests is "Videpad video editor", found a subtitle file in Hebrew, .srt format. First I located both movie and subtitle in one folder, both...
  9. Adding subtitles

Adding subtitles: Do you know of a good app that i can add more subtitle language choices to video dvd without re-encoding the original dvd?#1 83152
  10. Handbrake - convert AVI and MP4 to MKV with subtitles at best quality

Handbrake - convert AVI and MP4 to MKV with subtitles at best quality: Hi there Any Video experts out there I've some AVI and MP4 files with external .SRT subtitles that I'd like to convert to MKV with embedded subtitles (not forced). That way I can forget about the .srt files that don't always play properly on MEZZMO / SERVIIO or PLEX...