Windows 10: Adding third monitor made second monitor blurry!

Discus and support Adding third monitor made second monitor blurry! in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hey all - Been lurking here for a while and have found many answers, but after searching with no resolution found. I was issued a new Dell laptop for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by dsaum123, Aug 30, 2018.

1. dsaum123 Win User

Adding third monitor made second monitor blurry!

Hey all - Been lurking here for a while and have found many answers, but after searching with no resolution found. I was issued a new Dell laptop for work with Win10 1709 - it's a core i5 6300u 2.4Ghz with an intel HD 520 graphics card. I was running two 24 inch monitors at 1920x1080 with no problems. I added a third monitor, a dell 19incher at 1440x900. As soon as I added it, my second monitor became blurry (actually listed as monitor 1 in display setting, but monitor 2 in the Intel HD graphics control panel). I've gone through all the settings, changed refresh rates, tried different scale and layout percentages.. but alas, no change. The blurry monitor is connected via HDMI, and the other two are VGA and Mini Display to DVI. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Dave

:)

dsaum123, Aug 30, 2018

2. Blurry Apps on second monitor

Hi and thanks for answering.

Are you sure you read my question in the first place ?

I have no issue accessing my external display. I'm running a laptop with a high-dpi monitor, that is extended to a standard-dpi 22" monitor, and here's what my problem is :

- my high-dpi monitor is showing most of my apps fine (legacy windows apps are blurry, but that's not a big issue)

- what's more of an issue is this : when I drag any app that is not a native Windows 10 app (ie : Google Chrome) on my extended monitor, it shows up blurry. Only native Windows 10 apps are showing up crisp and clear on my extended monitor

I tried upgrading my Intel HD drivers and performed a SFC, but none of these steps solved my issue.

How can I solve my problem ?

Thanks

thsadopter, Aug 30, 2018
  3. Blurry Apps on second monitor

Hi there,

I have a 1080p 13" Lenovo Yoga 2 laptop connected to an extended 22" monitor. This was kind of a nightmare under Windows 8, but seems to work a lot better with Windows 10.

However, I' still have a lot of apps showing crisp and clear on the HD display, but being blurry when I drag the to the second monitor. Blurry apps include PowerPoint 2007, Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera and so on. Only system apps and Windows 10 pieces of
    software installed from the App Store seem to display OK on the extended monitor.

Is there a way to fix this and have all my apps showing fine on both monitors ?

Thanks

thsadopter, Aug 30, 2018
  4. Adding third monitor made second monitor blurry!

External monitor is blurry

Hi,

The blurry display when using an external display may indicate a scaling issue. If the display of the internal monitor is not compatible with the external monitor, it may render a poor or fuzzy display. As an initial step, we suggest that you try the methods
    under the Workaround section provided on this
    support article

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Aug 30, 2018
Thema:

Adding third monitor made second monitor blurry!

1. Adding third monitor made second monitor blurry! - Similar Threads - Adding third monitor

2. adding third monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adding third monitor: When I go to System > Display only two monitors are displayed, but the one on the left shows 2 and the one on the right shows 1/3. I want 3 independent monitors and it duplicates 1 monitor into two. The System > Display should show 3 separate monitors. Please advise....
  3. adding third monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adding third monitor: When I go to System > Display only two monitors are displayed, but the one on the left shows 2 and the one on the right shows 1/3. I want 3 independent monitors and it duplicates 1 monitor into two. The System > Display should show 3 separate monitors. Please advise....
  4. Added third monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Added third monitor: I just add a third monitor to my setup. I cannot adjust the resolution on this one to match the other two. They are 1920 - 1080. Thus one will not adjust to more than 720x576 I saw previous threads on this subject but they were very old nothing I tried from those worked....
  5. Added third monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Added third monitor: I just add a third monitor to my setup. I cannot adjust the resolution on this one to match the other two. They are 1920 - 1080. Thus one will not adjust to more than 720x576 I saw previous threads on this subject but they were very old nothing I tried from those worked....
  6. Added third monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Extend Display to second and third monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extend Display to second and third monitors: Hi, I have always been able to extend my display but now it seems I cannot. Have tried all the usual, swapping a new screen, trying to connect with new cable, using a different location none of which works. Other people can plug into my screens and extend their displays but...
  8. Blurry monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blurry monitors: Hello, Everytime I connect my 1920x1080 monitor to my pc I always get a blurry display plus the colors are washed out and look fake, when I look at my monitor in that state it doesn't feel like it's a full HD monitor...the details are unclear and not sharp at all...it is...
  9. Adding a third monitor - 3rd monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Adding a third monitor - 3rd monitor not detected: Hi there I was kindly given a monitor from a friend which is nice. Why have two when you have three right? I connected the third monitor fine using an iSolem HMDI splitter I bought from Amazon and it worked first time, however the display detects the displays as 1 2 2 and...
  10. Adding a third monitor - 3rd monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding a third monitor - 3rd monitor not detected: Hi there I was kindly given a monitor from a friend which is nice. Why have two when you have three right? I connected the third monitor fine using an iSolem HMDI splitter I bought from Amazon and it worked first time, however the display detects the displays as 1 2 2 and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 3rd monitor is blurry

2. 3rd monitor blurry

3. third monitor is blurry