Windows 10: Adding User to Correct User Folder Name

Discus and support Adding User to Correct User Folder Name in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So when I did a system restore on my computer to return it back to factory default...I logged in using my Microsoft account which is an email starting... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Arily, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Arily Win User

Adding User to Correct User Folder Name

So when I did a system restore on my computer to return it back to factory default...I logged in using my Microsoft account which is an email starting with "Boo......." However my name on my Microsoft account is "Summer"...It's always been "Summer" all my folders in the past have been "Summer"...this time however it named my User Folder "" *cry
    So I went in and hit login with a local account instead...and I changed my username to ""...and then I was going to create a second user account named "Summer" and make it an administrator so I could switch everything over to the "Summer" name as it was supposed to be. I'm getting an error message though when trying to create the account saying "please type a different user name". This is when attempting to create a local account with "Summer" as the username.
    My only guess is there is still evidence of "Summer" somewhere that's preventing me maybe of using the same name on two accounts, even though I've renamed the first account "".

Any Suggestions?

:)

Arily, Jul 25, 2018

2. User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 25, 2018
  3. KidmanPE Win User
    User Account folder name

Well... that accomplished absolutely nothing! F2 alone brought up my volume bar. Ctrl-F2 = nothing! Fn-F2 = nothing! And, finally, Alt-F2 = nothing! What's supposed to happen when I "click" the User [my (sorta) name] folder and press the F2 key?!

KidmanPE, Jul 25, 2018
  4. Ryan_2013 Win User

Change User Name Folders

"The change the name on the Account folder is more difficult because it is more heavily protected. See this tutorial:https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/89060-chang..."

On this link, the details show renaming another account. I'm wanting to change the Admin account. It's a good thing I had another user setup on my computer, also as an Admin, because after changing the SID in step 8. And, unable to change the name in step
    11. As "Rename" wasn't in the list. I restarted the computer, since the Admin user account name was changed I was unable to load windows. I had to log into my other account, which was setup as Admin and change the SID back to the 5 letters the user name was
    titled.

My computer, Admin account, works again.

I wasn't wanting to just change another account user name, which this is possible to do. I wanted to change the main user, myself.

Ryan_2013, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Adding User to Correct User Folder Name - Similar Threads - Adding User Correct

2. User name is not showing in Users folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User name is not showing in Users folder: I've seen this question asked before but the solution does not work for me. Hopefully Dave M sees itMy user name is EricI'm trying to find my AppData folder in the following path;C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator [version number] Settings\en_US\x64\New...
  3. User name is not showing in Users folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User name is not showing in Users folder: I've seen this question asked before but the solution does not work for me. Hopefully Dave M sees itMy user name is EricI'm trying to find my AppData folder in the following path;C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator [version number] Settings\en_US\x64\New...
  4. User name is not showing in Users folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User name is not showing in Users folder: Hi, my name is Manish Kumar recently I reset my pc and made some changes but after this, I realized that my user name "manis" is not showing in the Users folder. > Also, my Appdata folder is showing in the Desktop directory and when I make the hidden tick on the explorer it...
  5. correct user name

in Windows 10 Customization
    correct user name: i changed my user name, but microsoft keeps using the old one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/correct-user-name/0177e2b5-d1d9-4032-87ce-848cb8a1e374
  6. User Folder Name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Folder Name: So earlier I accidentally merged my music folder with my user folder, so in my C:\User directory instead of seeing C:\Users\MyName I saw C:\Users\Music. I did fix this problem but my user folder name is still music instead of my name. I also can't rename the folder back to my...
  7. Correct bad user name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Correct bad user name: Somehow, the system thinks my name is ****.comcast.net. It doesn't use the name; my real user name is tcebo, and that's the name of my directory in C:\users. But the sign-in page displays it. Perhaps there is something in the registry that has gone uncorrected? 137606
  8. Correct bad user name

in Windows 10 Support
    Correct bad user name: Attachment 241743 Somehow, the system thinks my name is ****.comcast.net. It doesn't use the name; my real user name is tcebo, and that's the name of my directory in C:\users. But the sign-in page displays it. Perhaps there is something in the registry that has gone...
  9. Change user name and user folder name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change user name and user folder name: My Lenovo/Windows setup has chosen a stupid user name for me, shortened from the first letters of my MS account ID. How do I safely change my user name on my PC, and more importantly, my c:\users\user folder name whilst maintaining my Windows account name for logging in etc?...
  10. User Folder Name not correct - how to change?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Folder Name not correct - how to change?: Clean install of Windows 10 Anniversary Update. All went perfectly but the folder name in the Users folder is not correct. It is called "greg" and I did not choose this and I don't like it. The name of my actual account in the Control Panel - User Accounts shows correctly....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. please type corret username

2. windows 10 Please type a different user name

3. windows 10 create user please type a different user name