Windows 10: Adding youtube as an icon app in the start menu

Discus and support Adding youtube as an icon app in the start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I have a new 2-1 table computer, which my kid is using. I would like to have youtube as an large icon in start menu (to pin it etc..). Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SwissExcel, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Adding youtube as an icon app in the start menu

Hello.
    I have a new 2-1 table computer, which my kid is using.
    I would like to have youtube as an large icon in start menu (to pin it etc..).
    Is it possible (I assume that google is not good friend of Microsoft ...)

Cheers

:)

SwissExcel, Dec 3, 2016
  2. wvlucas Win User

Many of the Start Menu icons has vanished

Unknown as to what had happen prior, but many, many icons simply vanished from the start menu. Also, the titles of the sections of those that were added to the start menu no longer is displayed. However, when going to the app itself by clicking on "All
    Apps
    " and then viewing the options of the missing Start Menu apps , the status indicates they have been added to the start menu because the option to "Unpin from Start" is displayed. Also, what icons are remaining in the Start Menu have
    been rearranged. Nothing seems to be where it should be.

This is weird, very weird.

Recap:

1) Missing Start Menu application icons

2) All titles of the groups in Start Menu vanished

3) Remaining icons have been rearranged.

I have loaded AVG antivirus and Malwarebytes installed. No indication of a virus or malware was found.

Anyone else seen this? If so, how did you fix it?

wvlucas, Dec 3, 2016
  3. Connor_P Win User
    Icons Not The Same In Start Menu

I made a desktop shortcut to Youtube, which has this nice icon that came with it.

Adding youtube as an icon app in the start menu [​IMG]

But when I bring it to the start menu, it only shows the Chrome Icon.

The Google Chrome's icon for Google Chrome, i'm fine with. Its only the Youtube icon.

I just need to know if there's a way to get the Youtube icon to the start menu.

I only suspected it was a problem with Windows because the icon is already in the apps area (1st picture), but not the start menu (2nd picture).

So, is there a way to fix this?

Thanks.

Connor_P, Dec 3, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Adding youtube as an icon app in the start menu

Brink, Dec 3, 2016
  5. Thanks Brink
    !

Is thre a way to pin it with Chrom (not IE)???

Cheers

SwissExcel, Dec 3, 2016
  6. swarfega Win User
    You can drag the tab to the desktop thereby creating a shortcut. Alternatively you can also use pin to taskbar for Chrome and then bin the youtube page.

swarfega, Dec 3, 2016
  7. thanks for your answer. I am trying to create a shortcut on the start menu of Win 10 (not on the desktop).

I have a small kid at home - I want him to have one click option to open youtube (and give me peace of mind and extra time to sleep)

SwissExcel, Dec 3, 2016
  8. swarfega Win User

hmm I can't help you there sorry. Perhaps others can help.

swarfega, Dec 3, 2016
  9. Edwin New Member
    In the Chrome Menu, create the shortcut in the following manner, then delete the desktop copy:

Edwin, Dec 3, 2016
  10. Great stuff. Thank you

SwissExcel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Adding youtube as an icon app in the start menu - Similar Threads - Adding youtube icon

2. Missing icon in added app shortcut in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing icon in added app shortcut in Start Menu: Hi I have added a new apps shortcut in Start menu via shell:AppsFolder->Desktop Shortcut->Start menu shortcut, but I have 2 issues: 1 - shortcut in menu does not show the app icon 2- app does not appear in search result 2.1 - i have deleted an rebuild the search index...
  3. start menu apps icon are missing

start menu apps icon are missing: some of my start menu app icons are missing after the recent update . I don't know how to resolve it . please help me with that. [IMG][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-apps-icon-are-missing/a6c8ce29-e521-453e-b9c4-e630c8a0c195
  4. Adding shortcut icon to the start menu

Adding shortcut icon to the start menu: I have created a powershell script for a custom shutdown. Is it possible to add the shortcut icon to the start menu. See image. [img] 159199
  5. Start menu Icons not sorting recent Apps icons

Start menu Icons not sorting recent Apps icons: Hello! My newly installed apps icons not showing ON TOP to start, only sorting alphabetically... Figured out this problem happening from this morning... tried to change some settings on 'Start' but not working, Please Help !! here is the picture[ATTACH]...
  6. Adding columns in the start menu

Adding columns in the start menu: Hi! Im currently trying to increase the amount of columns displayed to 2. I have a tiny 7 inch screen with DPI set at 150% which makes the start menu only show one column. Do anyone know how to increase this to two? [img] 9011
  7. Icons for many apps not showing in Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons for many apps not showing in Start menu: As per the image below - why are many of my apps not showing their icons? There's not options to change them and I've tried pinning the original .exe and shortcuts to the app but there is no difference. Any clues? [img] 10775
  8. App auto duplicates when added to start menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    App auto duplicates when added to start menu.: I had league of legends installed, and due to bug had to reinstall it. Apparently when trying to pin newly installed games icon to start menu it duplicates (I assume old icon pins too), same thing when I try to remove it. Heres link to video I recorded if it might help...
  9. Start menu icons/apps missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu icons/apps missing: Hi guys, Just got this error and couldn't find anything like this solved. The icons (or maybe the apps) are missing from the start menu. Thanks, Gabriel. [img] 40753
  10. Adding Options To Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding Options To Start Menu: I don't know about anyone else but I had a plain looking start menu that was tiny with no options. It's easy to fix.. Right Click Taskbar > Click Properties > Start Menu Tab > Customize > Then Add what you like. I was going to make a tutorial on this but it seemed too...