Windows 10: Additional Folders/Tools W/ Bootable USB

Discus and support Additional Folders/Tools W/ Bootable USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, Just wondering if putting additional files/folders in my bootable USB installer will cause any issues with the installer. Example: [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThereThatGuy, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Additional Folders/Tools W/ Bootable USB

Hi all,
    Just wondering if putting additional files/folders in my bootable USB installer will cause any issues with the installer.
    Example:

Additional Folders/Tools W/ Bootable USB [​IMG]

If I make another folder called "Other" and place other files/programs/docs in the folder will it make any difference to the installer itself or will it just kinda ignore it like I want?

Just want to be sure before I spend time organizing flash drives and tools on other drives that I may not need to use lol

Thanks,
    Michael

:)

ThereThatGuy, Nov 22, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Creating a bootable flashdrive

Check your Downloads folder for the Windows 10 ISO . . . The Steps for creating the Bootable Flash Drive are: Download the Media Creation Tool (Click on Download Tool Now), with that you can Select Create Installation Media for Another PC Choose USB rather
    than ISO The Most reliable option however is to chose to download the ISO and use Windows USB/DVD Download Tool to create the bootable Flash Drive - I have found this to be completely reliable . . . Click this link to get that tool: CodePlex Archive

DaveM121, Nov 22, 2015
  3. WayneRupp Win User
    memory_corruption

More thorough instructions found here.

PassMark MemTest86 - Memory Diagnostic Tool - Technical Information

Courtesy of above.

"Create a bootable USB Flash drive:"

• "Download the Windows MemTest86 USB image.
    • Right click on the downloaded file and select the "Extract to Here" option. This places the USB image and imaging tool into the current folder.
    • Run the included image USB tool, it should already have the image file selected and you just need to choose which connected USB drive to turn into a bootable drive. Note that this will erase all data on the drive."

WayneRupp, Nov 22, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Additional Folders/Tools W/ Bootable USB

I did the USB and chose Both, works fine, gives both the x86 and x64 versions. The download will erase anything on the drive first. After getting it I added the Offline update installer to get the .11 version. Using the Setup.exe file on my USB drive worked fine to update 10240 to 10586.0 on my Dell Venue 8 and it ignored the added files so I would assume the same for your Folders. I didn't try booting to the USB drive so can't speak to whether it will or not. The setup.exe file chose the correct version to install without asking whether 32-bit or 64-bit.

Berton, Nov 22, 2015
  5. Thanks for the Info, I'll wait until a few more chime in. Perhaps someone has done what I'm speaking about before.

ThereThatGuy, Nov 22, 2015
  6. Berton Win User
    After looking at the USB drive again I see the .11 updates x86 and x64 are actually in Folders on the drive, names start with "Cumulative update".

Berton, Nov 22, 2015
  7. No, it won't make a difference, as long as you don't mess with the existing structure. I created a 16 GB flash drive and put two additional folders, Drivers and Software, and didn't encounter any issues. I've been doing this since Windows 7.

DeaconFrost, Nov 22, 2015
  8. Kyhi Win User

As said the answer is NO, it will not affect the installer in any way - by adding user folders..
    Do it all the time..

Kyhi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Additional Folders/Tools W/ Bootable USB - Similar Threads - Additional Folders Tools

2. Windows 10 bootable USB / Windows Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 bootable USB / Windows Media Creation Tool: Hi all,My laptop Windows may need factory re-set. I want to prepare for the worst scenario, as laptop has become unpredictable. I have taken back-ups of files, but I am not able to create a recovery drive.I get the message that "Some required files are missing. To...
  3. bootable usb

bootable usb: I checked the partition style of my hard disk in the disk management tool and its GPT , and i want to install an os from a usb drive , ive downloaded rufus portable and plugged my usb ,and the partition scheme option only shows MBR. the question is : would that be a...
  4. bootable usb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bootable usb: windows 10 will not boot from recognizable usb, why?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootable-usb/bfe29314-5442-42c5-886a-46d019fbb324
  5. usb bootable

usb bootable: need to create a usb bootable for a macos using windows10s. tried with transmac but says need window 10 instead of s mode. don't want to loose s mode. what to do. is there something in the app store i can use...
  6. USB Bootable

USB Bootable: Using Tutorial below. .(Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC.) After step 7. I don't get step 8 to select USB I get :- 8GB of free disk space needed on (C:) Move files you no longer need or use Disk Cleanup to create space then try again Help please.. Thanks 152136
  7. Bootable USB

Bootable USB: So I created a USB using Rufus, how does the damaged unit know to open the file labeled "setup" when run in Bios? When clicking the USB it does not load Windows in a good computer so it does not load in the damaged one since the setup file is the key to loading Windows....
  8. Bootable USB

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bootable USB: I keep reading that to make a bootable flash drive for an ISO one needs either Rufus or the Windows tool. I told a mod that I swap the files within the ISO to the USB and it boots and he agreed that this works. I looked within the files and boot was there. When I insert the...
  9. Does the Media Creation Tool create a bootable USB or DVD

Does the Media Creation Tool create a bootable USB or DVD: Does the Media Creation Tool create a bootable USB or DVD. If not how can I make it bootable? Jim 30984
  10. USB Download Tool won't create bootable USB using 9926 .ISO

USB Download Tool won't create bootable USB using 9926 .ISO: I just wondered if anyone had had any issues creating a bootable USB using the Download Tool with the 9926 .iso? I've tried multiple times now but it just gets stuck at 94% and I end up having to close the program down via Task Manager. Someone I know has a spare laptop...