Windows 10: Address list for Thunderbird

Discus and support Address list for Thunderbird in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; W10 up and running very well, the only change is a new email client, recommended by an "expert" In fact it's not so different to "Outlook" I'm using... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by maurylen, Nov 4, 2016.

1. maurylen Win User

Address list for Thunderbird

W10 up and running very well, the only change is a new email client, recommended by an "expert" In fact it's not so different to "Outlook" I'm using "Thunderbird" as my email client. Took me some time to sort out where/how, to set up a contacts list. I got it up and running and a list of contacts on the left side of the screen. All that was required was to click the mail name and it was entered in the "to" space. However that has disappeared. Now I have to open the addresses from "tools" click on each name, the addresses then vanish so I have to start again entering a new address, ad nauseam - I'd really like to get the list on the left side again

:)

maurylen, Nov 4, 2016

2. Ovi Suite (2.2.0.241) and Thunderbird 3.1 sync not working...

Hey ppl. I have a temporary workaround:

Install
    Nightly Tester Tools 2.0.3
    for Thunderbird.

This tool is to use the older Thunderbird Address Book Synchronisation Extension with the latest Thunderbird.

After installing restart Thunderbird and click "Tools" -> "Add-ons" and right click on
    Thunderbird Address Book Synchronisation Extension and select override and restart Thunderbird.

This works.

xtr3m3---01, Nov 4, 2016
  3. N900 and Thunderbird/Lightining.. :-(

In case you're still looking, with Thunderbird 3.1.7 there's an add-on:

Thunderbird Address Book Synchronisation Extension 7.3.4.44 which enables Ovi Contacts to be synched with Thunderbird address book.

Unfortunately, I haven't found an equivalent for Lightning as yet so calendar synch will have to wait.

buzz13---01, Nov 4, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Perhaps click Write, View, click Contacts Sidebar?

dalchina, Nov 4, 2016
  5. Yep!
    That's one way.

Even fewer mouse clicks: Write > F9 *Smile

Also, Thunderbird will also auto-complete. If you start typing a name in the To: field, it should auto-complete.

And: You can select a contact in the address book and press the Write button to open the compose message window and add that email address to the To: header.

Hope this helps!

MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 4, 2016
  6. maurylen Win User
    WOW! so simple. Thanks a whole lot MoxieMomma and
    dalchina

maurylen, Nov 4, 2016
  7. You're most welcome, @maurylen.
    I'm glad I could help.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Address list for Thunderbird - Similar Threads - Address list Thunderbird

2. Strange address in the "give access to" list windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange address in the "give access to" list windows 10: Hello I have a strange address in the "give access to" list in file explorer. As far as I can tell it doesn't appear to belong to any computer or device on my network. That said the only place that I see it is in that list and I can't gather any info on it from there....
  3. Thunderbird version 60.4.0

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird version 60.4.0: The above version of Thunderbird email client has just been released on the Mozilla ftp server. 32-bit and 64-bit versions available. Directory Listing: /pub/thunderbird/releases/60.4.0/ 123851
  4. Mozilla Thunderbird 60.3.0

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla Thunderbird 60.3.0: This version has been released today. Can be downloaded from the Mozilla ftp, 32-bit and 64-bit versions available. Directory Listing: /pub/thunderbird/releases/60.3.0/ 120836
  5. Mozilla Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla Thunderbird: Mozilla have released version 60 of thir email client. Now available in a 64-bit version as well as 32-bit. Thunderbird — Release Notes (60.0) — Mozilla 115501
  6. Thunderbird Add-on Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird Add-on Problem: I have a Dell E5500 laptop that hasn't been used for a few months. I went into Thunderbird and noticed that my Theme Font and Size Changer add-on wasn't working. I reinstalled the add-on and updated Thunderbird to version 52.3.0 and the add-on to version 55.1.These are the...
  7. Mail app import address book FROM Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app import address book FROM Thunderbird: How do I import address book from Thunderbird to Windows Mail? What protocol does Mail support? 59694
  8. thunderbird contacts

in Browsers and Email
    thunderbird contacts: using Thunderbird, there appears to be a huge difference to MS Outlook. I'm having trouble with "contacts" - I have a list of Contacts, but how do i transfer singularly from the list to the address line in the email page? hope this makes sense 63286
  9. Thunderbird is killing ME!

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird is killing ME!: Or I'm killing myself, but anyway I'm not very computer savvy. I really have been fighting Microsoft since my WLM stopped working with outlook.com. Prior to that I lost Hotmail.com because of some security problem and had to switch to outlook. Then, Microsoft changed that so...
  10. firewall rule to block addresses NOT on an IP list?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    firewall rule to block addresses NOT on an IP list?: I am just starting to learn the Windows Firewall (working on both Windows 7 and 10) and I'm not impressed with the inflexibility of its rules. I would like to know if 1. Is there is a way to do what I want with Windows Firewall? 2. Is there is a third-party firewall...