Windows 10: Address list for Thunderbird

Discus and support Address list for Thunderbird in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; W10 up and running very well, the only change is a new email client, recommended by an "expert" In fact it's not so different to "Outlook" I'm using... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by maurylen, Nov 4, 2016.

1. maurylen Win User

Address list for Thunderbird

W10 up and running very well, the only change is a new email client, recommended by an "expert" In fact it's not so different to "Outlook" I'm using "Thunderbird" as my email client. Took me some time to sort out where/how, to set up a contacts list. I got it up and running and a list of contacts on the left side of the screen. All that was required was to click the mail name and it was entered in the "to" space. However that has disappeared. Now I have to open the addresses from "tools" click on each name, the addresses then vanish so I have to start again entering a new address, ad nauseam - I'd really like to get the list on the left side again

:)

maurylen, Nov 4, 2016

2. Ovi Suite (2.2.0.241) and Thunderbird 3.1 sync not working...

Hey ppl. I have a temporary workaround:

Install
    Nightly Tester Tools 2.0.3
    for Thunderbird.

This tool is to use the older Thunderbird Address Book Synchronisation Extension with the latest Thunderbird.

After installing restart Thunderbird and click "Tools" -> "Add-ons" and right click on
    Thunderbird Address Book Synchronisation Extension and select override and restart Thunderbird.

This works.

xtr3m3---01, Nov 4, 2016
  3. N900 and Thunderbird/Lightining.. :-(

In case you're still looking, with Thunderbird 3.1.7 there's an add-on:

Thunderbird Address Book Synchronisation Extension 7.3.4.44 which enables Ovi Contacts to be synched with Thunderbird address book.

Unfortunately, I haven't found an equivalent for Lightning as yet so calendar synch will have to wait.

buzz13---01, Nov 4, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Perhaps click Write, View, click Contacts Sidebar?

dalchina, Nov 4, 2016
  5. Yep!
    That's one way.

Even fewer mouse clicks: Write > F9 *Smile

Also, Thunderbird will also auto-complete. If you start typing a name in the To: field, it should auto-complete.

And: You can select a contact in the address book and press the Write button to open the compose message window and add that email address to the To: header.

Hope this helps!

MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 4, 2016
  6. maurylen Win User
    WOW! so simple. Thanks a whole lot MoxieMomma and
    dalchina

maurylen, Nov 4, 2016
  7. You're most welcome, @maurylen.
    I'm glad I could help.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Address list for Thunderbird - Similar Threads - Address list Thunderbird

2. thunderbird

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    thunderbird: I can't get the reply and the other one's up on my computer. Jim Bates 860-361-6805 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thunderbird/50269599-4041-4eb1-8178-0befe3763d4d
  3. Using Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    Using Thunderbird: Hi, hope it's ok to ask here .... the Mozilla Forum is a right PITA, assuming there is one after looking for ages! The Help tells you BS.. e.g. I want to enter multiple recipients to an email message and it says Type a recipient directly into the address field, then press...
  4. Using Thunderbird

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Thunderbird: Hi, hope it's ok to ask here .... the Mozilla Forum is a right PITA, assuming there is one after looking for ages! The Help tells you BS.. e.g. I want to enter multiple recipients to an email message and it says Type a recipient directly into the address field, then press...
  5. Thunderbird email addresses do not appear in Firefox email link

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thunderbird email addresses do not appear in Firefox email link: I have been using Mozilla Thunderbird and Firefox for many years. Currently am using Firefox version 82.0.2 on a Windows 10 laptop. My email addresses are located in my Thunderbird account version 98.4.1. These new versions are the outcome of recent upgrades to my Mozilla...
  6. Collating addresses in Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    Collating addresses in Thunderbird: WINDOWS 10 Version 1909 - Build 18363.778 ===================================== I cannot remember ever doing this before and am in a complete muddle - do not know how to get help from the Thunderbird support Forum or here - there must be a tutorial already for dopes like...
  7. email addresses list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    email addresses list: New to Windows 10 - How do I view my E mail address list? How do I edit E mail addresses and or names? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-addresses-list/cf1eaeee-2d24-4689-89f7-88352ecba178
  8. No list of email addresses, etc...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No list of email addresses, etc...: I have no list of email addresses, drafts, file, nothing but emails. No tabs, tool bar, nothing but the emails. How do I get this information? I have windows live 10....
  9. Mozilla Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla Thunderbird: Mozilla have released version 60 of thir email client. Now available in a 64-bit version as well as 32-bit. Thunderbird — Release Notes (60.0) — Mozilla 115501
  10. Mail app import address book FROM Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app import address book FROM Thunderbird: How do I import address book from Thunderbird to Windows Mail? What protocol does Mail support? 59694