Windows 10: Adjust low resolutions to fit screen

Discus and support Adjust low resolutions to fit screen in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi there another possibility is with these types of screens is to use the HARDWARE menu (remote if you have a remote controller) or via a button to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Adjust low resolutions to fit screen

Hi there

another possibility is with these types of screens is to use the HARDWARE menu (remote if you have a remote controller) or via a button to get the on screen menu. Look for something like Auto re-size or similar on the picture menu. Do this from the monitor -- not from within Windows. These screens these days have an intelligent CPU in them and can often auto adjust even if Windows or other OS'es don't have the correct display drivers.

This usually fixes problem --did also on my Linux server when I connected the screen to test it - especially as I didn't have the correct display driver on the server !!!

Finally if going through any type of KVM switch some of these don't support 4K monitors- most of these aren't ready yet to handle 4K displays so that's another issue to look for. I had that issue when switching the screen from a computer to a 4K Netflix movie via an amazon fire TV box while testing the monitor again.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
  2. tttpk Win User

When I lower the resolution on my PC it displays only the size of that resolution. For example if I lower it to 1920x1080 it displays half the size of my actual PC screen surrounded by black borders (similar to this: http://www.overclock.net/content/typ...11652/flags/LL ). It makes games unplayable. I've done some google searches to find an answer but to no avail. Any suggestions?

:)

tttpk, Apr 7, 2018
  3. size of screen for various web pages too large

I have a new laptop with Windows 10. All of the web page views are too large to fit in my screen and adjusting resolution or text size doesn't help. It doesn't seem to adjust. Can't get work done!

Help!

THanks,

JulieHunko, Apr 7, 2018
  4. SGCQE Win User

Why can I NOT print photos with W10 or Edge?

I am using the W10 My Pictures, which always worked with W8. I don't know how to change the size of the photo screen and resolution will not accept anything other than 1680 x 1050, as other resolution show black screen as "out of range." This resolution
    has a warning that it is too low and might not fit screen.

SGCQE, Apr 7, 2018
  5. Hi and Welcome to TenForums!

Are you making this change in the game you are playing or within Windows?

Why are you lowering your PC's resolution?

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 7, 2018
  6. tttpk Win User
    I'm making the change within windows. I'm lowering my resolution because my 4k screen doesn't scale correctly with a game I'm playing.

tttpk, Apr 7, 2018
  7. That doesn't sound right, a computer meant for gaming with a 4K display should scale just fine.

What sort of game are you playing? What graphics card are you using?s

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Adjust low resolutions to fit screen - Similar Threads - Adjust low resolutions

2. Resolution stuck on low resolution but won't allow me to adjust to a higher resolution. Help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resolution stuck on low resolution but won't allow me to adjust to a higher resolution. Help?: A little context, I am setting up my coworkers new monitors but their computer only has 1 VGS port 1 DVi Port and a COMPACT port. I was able to set up one monitor with a VGA connection but the second monitor is the issue. I was able to connect the monitor to the computer...
  3. Resolution stuck on low resolution but won't allow me to adjust to a higher resolution. Help?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resolution stuck on low resolution but won't allow me to adjust to a higher resolution. Help?: A little context, I am setting up my coworkers new monitors but their computer only has 1 VGS port 1 DVi Port and a COMPACT port. I was able to set up one monitor with a VGA connection but the second monitor is the issue. I was able to connect the monitor to the computer...
  4. Screen resolution won't fit my screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen resolution won't fit my screen.: I just recently got a new monitor for my laptop and I've tried all of the screen resolution options on both the monitor and windows yet its either to small or to zoomed in....
  5. Screen resolution won't fit my screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen resolution won't fit my screen.: I just recently got a new monitor for my laptop and I've tried all of the screen resolution options on both the monitor and windows yet its either to small or to zoomed in....
  6. Screen resolution won't fit my screen.

7. Screen resolution does not fit screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen resolution does not fit screen: I have a HP 2310m monitor, with a 1920x1080 resolution. If I set my resolution in windows settings to 1920x1080, it does not fit my monitor, and not all of the screen can be seen. When I check my monitor settings, it grays out the option to change resolution, unless I set...
  8. screen resolution not fitting with monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    screen resolution not fitting with monitor: i'm sorry if this is a dumb question but i really am in need of help, basically the screen is smaller than the monitor with black borders, i tried to change the resolution from display settings but when when i change to something bigger tha 1600 X 900 the screen turns black...
  9. Adjust screen resolution

Adjust screen resolution: My display is too large, and many of the icons live at or over the edge of the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adjust-screen-resolution/03dc5485-e00b-4d4b-afd8-30f61a5630d0
  10. Resolution not fitting screen & Others

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution not fitting screen & Others: I have a few problems, I'll just list them and what I know because frankly I can't think of the answers. Even working with computers as a job I'm still mind blown by some of these. Problem 1 I have a XFX R7-260X-CNF4 R7 260X running on windows 10 x64. Anyway my monitor...