Windows 10: Adjust This Setting Before Firefox Wears Off Your SSD Drive.

Discus and support Adjust This Setting Before Firefox Wears Off Your SSD Drive. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Adjust This Setting Before Firefox Wears Off Your SSD Drive Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/adjus...#ixzz4LNsGpt3u Some fixes... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by labeeman, Sep 25, 2016.

1. labeeman Win User

Adjust This Setting Before Firefox Wears Off Your SSD Drive.

Adjust This Setting Before Firefox Wears Off Your SSD Drive

Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/adjus...#ixzz4LNsGpt3u

:)

labeeman, Sep 25, 2016

2. One of my SSD tweaks (relocating temporary internet file location) won't work in Windows 10?

I don't want to move Edge to another drive or partition, just the temporary internet files (so saves wear on the SSD).

This affects IE, too, because it's a setting under internet options - the one that says Move Folder.

It worked in Windows 7, but seemingly not in Windows 10.

Therealmiggy, Sep 25, 2016
  3. Win 10 updates

Turn off your monitor.

Is there any particular reason why you leave your PC on around the clock? You will save power and wear of the hardware by setting the default Power Options for Balanced Plan so it goes to sleep after 30 minutes and Hibernate after 2 hours. During sleep
    the desktop is saved in RAM, but at Hibernate it writes the RAM to a file on Hard Drive and shuts down to save RAM wear.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Sep 25, 2016
  4. AndreTen Win User

Thanks for heads up Beeman! I will surely follow this thread to see all the comments.

AndreTen, Sep 25, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
  6. Cliff S New Member
    From the comments section, the FF devs are aware of the problem, but....
    Read the rest, yourselves.

Cliff S, Sep 25, 2016
  7. AndreTen Win User
    Thanks Cliff! I would assume, that cutting the data flow to half supposed to be safe in most situation. And the gain is maxed...

AndreTen, Sep 25, 2016
  8. Adjust This Setting Before Firefox Wears Off Your SSD Drive.

Yikes!
    Thanks for the tip!

MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 25, 2016
  9. Wynona Win User
    Got mine done.

And now we're finding that Chrome is even worse.

Wynona, Sep 25, 2016
  10. AndreTen Win User
    It's about the same, according to original article ...

AndreTen, Sep 25, 2016
  11. Wynona Win User
    Actually, Andre, it's twice as bad:

At the beginning of the article, he says, "In my case, SSDLife notified me that 12GB was written to the SSD in one day."

At the end of the article, he says, "We are testing other browsers. Currently in the middle of a Chrome Version 52.0.2743.116 m test. We have been able to see a pace of over 24GB/ day of writes on this machine. . ."

It looks to me like he's using the same machine for both tests.

Wynona, Sep 25, 2016
  12. AndreTen Win User
    Yes, but was he using browser in exactly the same way? After all, we are talking about browser restore (and cache) data. It is heavily dependent on browser use.

AndreTen, Sep 25, 2016
  13. Wynona Win User

Who knows, Andre. The fact remains that it looks (to me) like both are equally guilty. Guess we need to stop going on the Internet with our SSD drives! *What*What*What

Wynona, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Adjust This Setting Before Firefox Wears Off Your SSD Drive. - Similar Threads - Adjust Setting Before

2. Turn off Hard Drive after setting for SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turn off Hard Drive after setting for SSD: What should be my power/sleep settings to preserve life of my SSD, I have already turned off hibernate using elevated cmd. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-hard-drive-after-setting-for-ssd/c111d20a-1c3d-4116-9c9e-249a2db3063e
  3. easy command to get wear percentage on an SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    easy command to get wear percentage on an SSD: [img] Get-PhysicalDisk | Get-StorageReliabilityCounter | Select Wear I have zero wear as it is new since last 2 weeks. I read that win10 in the future will be warning you if your SSD is about to kick the bucket. 169306
  4. Will SSD drives wear out faster if my PC is running all the time?

Will SSD drives wear out faster if my PC is running all the time?: My internal (2) drives are SSD. I often leave my computer on all day and put it to sleep at night. I'm wondering if my drives will wear out faster because my computer is on for so many hours per day. Thank you. 162430
  5. Will SSD drives wear out faster if my PC is running all the time?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will SSD drives wear out faster if my PC is running all the time?: My internal (2) drives are SSD. I often leave my computer on all day and put it to sleep at night. I'm wondering if my drives will wear out faster because my computer is on for so many hours per day. Thank you. 162430
  6. Does my ssd have wear leveling

Does my ssd have wear leveling: How do I find out if my Mushkin mknssdre1tb has wear leveling? 154845
  7. I can't adjust on/off the brightness in the Display settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't adjust on/off the brightness in the Display settings: It's been inactivate - or in gray color tab. the brightness shortcut in the keyboard Its not functioning. I don't know why. Thanks in advance....
  8. "windows adjust these settings to match your hardware capabilities"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "windows adjust these settings to match your hardware capabilities": I use a laptop with an extended Asus 24i monitor. I usually revert back to and from dual display when gaming. Ever since I updated windows last week (big mistake), when I toy with the display resolution or extended/dual display I get the option to "revert" or "windows...
  9. Adjust This Setting Before Firefox Wears Down Your SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Adjust This Setting Before Firefox Wears Down Your SSD Drive: Firefox browsers are constantly writing large amounts of data to SSD drives, sometimes at higher values than the ones recommended by their vendors for daily writes. According to the tech experts from ServeTheHome, a Firefox browser in its default configuration can write...
  10. Reset: Shut off before set up?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset: Shut off before set up?: I reset my laptop to sell it. After the reset, I'm at a set up screen (time zone, region, etc) and the legal page is next. I want to leave these for the new user to do but there's no power control on the screen. Pressing the physical power button puts it to sleep. A...