Windows 10: Adjust Volume Level of Individual Devices and Apps in Windows 10

Discus and support Adjust Volume Level of Individual Devices and Apps in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Adjust Volume Level of Individual Devices and Apps in Windows 10 How to Adjust Volume Level of Individual Devices and Apps in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Adjust Volume Level of Individual Devices and Apps in Windows 10

How to: Adjust Volume Level of Individual Devices and Apps in Windows 10

How to Adjust Volume Level of Individual Devices and Apps in Windows 10

The Volume Mixer in Windows allows you to change the volume level for individual devices and apps.

Starting with Windows 10 build 16193, the Volume Mixer will now include UWP (Universal Windows Platform) apps (ex: Microsoft Edge, or Groove Music), so you can set their volume without impacting the overall system volume. UWP apps will only appear in the Volume Mixer once they start playing sound for the first time.

This tutorial will show you how to adjust the volume level of individual devices and apps without impacting the overall system volume for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Change Volume Level of Individual Devices and Apps from Volume Mixer
    • Option Two: Change Volume Level of Individual Devices and Apps from Settings
    • Option Three: Change Volume Level of Individual Games and Apps from Game Bar

OPTION ONE [/i] Change Volume Level of Individual Devices and Apps from Volume Mixer
    1. Right click or press and hold on the Volume icon on the taskbar notification area, and click/tap on Open Volume Mixer. (see screenshot below)

Adjust Volume Level of Individual Devices and Apps in Windows 10 [​IMG]

2. You can now adjust each slider to the volume level you want for your individual devices and apps. (see screenshot below)

*note You will not be able to adjust the volume level of individual apps higher than the master volume level of the default playback device.

3. When finished, you can close the Volume Mixer.

OPTION TWO [/i] Change Volume Level of Individual Devices and Apps from Settings

*note This option is only available starting with Windows 10 build 17074.
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Sound on the left side, and click/tap on App volume and device preferences under Advanced sound options on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. Adjust the Master volume and individual app volume levels to what you want for selected input sound devices. (see screenshot below)

*note You will not be able to adjust the volume level of individual apps higher than the master volume level of the default playback device.

4. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION THREE [/i] Change Volume Level of Individual Games and Apps from Game Bar

*note This option is only available starting with Windows 10 build 17692.
    1. Open the Game Bar (Win+G).

2. You can now adjust each slider to the volume level you want for your individual games and apps. (see screenshot below)

3. When finished, you can close the Game Bar if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 11, 2016
  2. Shawn Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Windows 7 has method to set volume of a specific application, but Windows 10 doesn't have the same or any method. How do I in Windows 10 adjust the volume at the individual application level?

Windows 7 has method to set volume of a specific application, but Windows 10 doesn't have the same or any method. How do I in Windows 10 adjust the volume at the individual application level?

Bertram Moshier, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  5. reynav Win User
    volume control button affects all, cannot adjust for phone only & individual apps

similar to android, ios and all other phones, i need the basic feature of being able to control apps volume to a lower level while keeping my ringer volume to near maximum, ie adjusting them individually. is the problem with the phone or was it just me?

reynav, Oct 26, 2019
  6. FrillyBits, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Adjust Volume Level of Individual Devices and Apps in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Adjust Volume Level

2. Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level: Been having this issue for a couple of months now and across two different workstations on Windows 10. I've seen a few posts similar to mine, but none have had a solution. In short, when I start a call/meeting in MS Teams, Webex, Zoom, etc.., the volume 'session' for that...
  3. Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level: Been having this issue for a couple of months now and across two different workstations on Windows 10. I've seen a few posts similar to mine, but none have had a solution. In short, when I start a call/meeting in MS Teams, Webex, Zoom, etc.., the volume 'session' for that...
  4. Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to stop individual volume levels for individual apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop individual volume levels for individual apps?: I just want one volume for everything. I don't want individual applications to take control and make their volume higher or lower. I don't want to have to right-click volume mixer and adjust levels. I'm a simple man and just want my volume to work like it's 1997 with a Sound...
  6. How to stop microphone volume level from automatically adjusting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop microphone volume level from automatically adjusting?: I've noticed that my microphone volume, particularly when I'm speaking, will automatically adjust itself from the sound control panel. My microphone is an AudioTechnica AT2035, with a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface, and I'm on Windows Build 19042.746. I can't figure...
  7. Windows 10 app individual sound level

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 app individual sound level: Hi, I have the master volume of Windows 10 set to 72. Now, I use an app everyday, where the sound is way too loud. On every startup, the volume is set to 72 (equal to master volume), and I have to go and adjust it to 45. When I close down the app, the next time I open it,...
  8. window10 microphone volume level auto adjust

window10 microphone volume level auto adjust: window10 microphone volume level auto adjust by itself most of time it reset to 100 and last time it adjusted to 87 for the first time it seems like it happens alot when i restart the comptuer but it happened last time during i was working on my computer i tried most of...
  9. Windows 10 Volume adjust

Windows 10 Volume adjust: Hi Guys, Can I somehow turn off this Volume Adjust because every time I am in game and I hit the knob for the volume on my keyboard the FPS in game drop dramatically Thanks[ATTACH]...
  10. Security level adjustment

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security level adjustment: Ho do you alter the security level on Win 10 if you need too.? 16298